FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Local derby planned for september

Alex MacLeod

There is already a trophy to be played for which County hold at the moment when they beat us 2-3 with a late late goal. It is the Tony Fraser Memorial Trophy, in memory of the bus driver who had worked for both sides.

The innaugural event took place in August 2008.

P&J report

but will it be the same when facing second div competition

ICT v County

What a great idea, its good to hear of our local clubs giving something back to the community, the real winners of the game will be the Hospital,the fans who have kindly donated and the clubs who have donated their services, so the way I see it there will be no losers at the match.

but will it be the same when facing second div competition

ICT v County

What a great idea, its good to hear of our local clubs giving something back to the community, the real winners of the game will be the Hospital,the fans who have kindly donated and the clubs who have donated their services, so the way I see it there will be no losers at the match.

I wonder how Sir William Beveridge would have responded to this but it is, I suppose, a sad reflection of our times that the public are being asked to subsidise, over and above the taxes we pay, for what was once seen as the greatest institution in the world. The national Health Service.

I seem to remember that when the Tony Fraser Trophy was first played for it was going to be an annual event. Such a pity it hadn't continued. Still it will be good to get to a derby game again.

I think the clubs should get together and create a charity shield (Highland Shield) event every year, alternating the venue between the two grounds. Pick two local charities and split the takings.

This is a very good idea but not to split the funds, maybe vary the charity each year but it should be one nominated charity.

Or maybe the clubs set up a charitable trust to distribute the funds how they feel best over the course of the year, although this may not be worth the extra work. Either way a good idea.

Maybe this could be combined with the Tony Fraser Memorial, ie: the winning club gets the trophy but the funds are still raised for a nominated charity.

Anyway, a great idea and well done to both clubs.

Still hope we cuff the gudgie minks tho! :ictscarf:

I'd prefer to see it in July before the season starts.

Isn't the plan for the season to start in July?

That may be the case but it can still take place in July before the season starts.

Correct, it would be a good pre-season game and raise interest locally.

I think the clubs should get together and create a charity shield (Highland Shield) event every year, alternating the venue between the two grounds. Pick two local charities and split the takings.

Good idea. How about a tournament with ICT, Ross County, Elgin and Clach? (or perhaps the last slot could be the reigning Highland League champions rather than Clach) Good crowds and revenue guaranteed.