FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New signing(s) to be announced.....

Libero

There is an article in todays Courier regarding some pre-season problems and also some info on new signings, see below

CALEY Thistle?s pre-season trip to England is under threat if a third fixture cannot be confirmed.

Inverness are set to face League One side Yeovil Town on Tuesday 12th July before facing relegated Bristol Rovers, now of League Two, two days later at Twerton Park in Bath.

If another game cannot be arranged, it is likely Inverness will not make the 550-mile trip to the south-west.

?If we don?t get a third game, we will probably just cancel the trip,? said Caley Thistle assistant manager Maurice Malpas yesterday.

?Hopefully we can get something confirmed. We will need to get that done in the next three or four days.?

The trip will be preceded by a visit to Almondvale Stadium to face Livingston on Saturday 9th July. The only other confirmed pre-season match is against Clach at Grant Street Park on Monday 27th June.

Meanwhile, Inverness manager Terry Butcher is set to unveil the first stage of his new look squad tomorrow.

He is expected to reveal at least one new signing and announce which players have agreed new contracts with the club.

It comes after he released 10 first team players earlier this month and held a 31-player trial game at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium just over two weeks ago.

?I am looking at releasing some news on Wednesday about players that have re-signed and players that are going to sign,? Butcher said yesterday.

Inverness are waiting for responses from top scorer Adam Rooney, midfielder Stuart Duff, defender Kenny Gillet and youngsters Shane Sutherland and Gavin Morrison, who have all been offered new contracts because their current deals expire this summer.

Caley Thistle have been monitoring former Hibs defender Kevin McCann, who was on loan at the club last season; released Rangers midfielder Andrew Shinnie, who played in the trialist game and is the older brother of Inverness full-back Graeme; as well as French forward Gregory Tade, who has been linked to several SPL clubs since leaving Raith Rovers.

* Caley Thistle goalkeeper Jonny Tuffey made his seventh appearance for Northern Ireland in a 2-0 defeat to Wales in the Carling Nations Cup on Friday night.

Nice to see the rebuilding process starting :twothumbsup:

According to BBC's Scotish gossip.. Dundee fear losing Gary Irvine to either us or St. Mirren.

Have no idea what he's like as a player, anyone else care to elaborate?

Right-back who has dotted around the lower leagues for a few years. Dundee fans seem to rate him, could do a decent job.

The BBC Gossip column is usually full of pash but it states that St Mirren are looking at Stephen Hughes and Jim Paterson - that's two players who would improve our squad, especially Hughes.

im sorry but duff is s***e, he cant play right back, he cant play center mid, cox and ross should b in the center with hayes and if doran comes back, then them the wings if not, foran. Duff just leave PLEASE!!!

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 8

I'm not sure I understand this bit from the Sky article that explains why we could get him for no fee.

Despite being offered a new contract and being under the age of 24, Inverness are using a Fifa ruling where a player can move 'cross-border' if a new contract is not offered within 60-days of his current deal ending.

He has been offered a new contract by Stockport. So does this rule apply because he was not offered the new contract more than 60 days before his current deal ended?

Sounds like Tansey could be a great signing, would love if we could add Tade and Shinnie to the ranks as well and would defnitely prefer Irvine to McCann as a full back.

I'm not sure I understand this bit from the Sky article that explains why we could get him for no fee.

Despite being offered a new contract and being under the age of 24, Inverness are using a Fifa ruling where a player can move 'cross-border' if a new contract is not offered within 60-days of his current deal ending.

He has been offered a new contract by Stockport. So does this rule apply because he was not offered the new contract more than 60 days before his current deal ended?

I was just honing in on a free transfer, where as a fee would be payable if he moved on to another club in England due to age.

On that write-up, he sounds terrific!

Best player in a side relegated from the football league :ponder:

Don Cowie left 2 relegated clubs, County and ICT.

http://www.stockportcounty.com/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10419~37011,00.html

Lets hope our own 5 out of contract players remember to sign, 3 of which I rate very highly, 1 can be very good but can have off days and 1 has yet to get a bit more 1st team experience.

• Agree 2

We found Gillet playing for Barnet who stayed up by the skin of they're teeth this season. SPL clubs have unearthed some real gems from League 2, the likes of Gillet, Chris Humphrey, Giles Coke, Richie Foran were all found at the same level and all went on to establish themselves as terrific players in the SPL. Tansey is coming with a good reputation so there is no reason why he wont be just as good as them.

• Agree 3

just tweeted a welcome to him. though i hope he is not going to turn into an epl tweeter and be always getting in trouble :tongueincheek: lol...actually i would take it if he was scoring left right and centre

@ScottBurns75 who claims to write for Scottish Daily Express has tweeted:

"Greg Tansey confirms he is set to sign for Inverneress.

web ? 31/05/2011 17:11"

Wherever Inverneress is, I don't know. But I suppose this deal looks complete.