FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

who weve lost, and who will we miss?

lukemackay

As it says on the tin.

Of the players weve lost this close season, who do you think we will miss?

Obviously hayes will be missed, but who else do you think will be missed?

I think gillet, will be the biggest loss apart from hayes, he was a stalwart last season at centre half and left back.

Gillet, Golobart, Tokely as well as Hayes for me. Just looked so wrong seeing Ross and Grant the other night in County gear and we will notice more now that we are in the same league. Also will miss Tade for the Craic and Tuffey for the luxury of having excellent back up to Ryan Esson.

• Agree 1

Tade will probably not be missed. He scored 9 but missed a range of amazing sitters. Let's be positive here. We have Aaron back to fitness, Billy Mackay has a season under his belt, Richie may well start scoring again, Andrew Shinnie who is far more cultured than Jonny, Shane must start scoring soon at this level, and Nick. If Jason breaks his duck early, we may well have found a winner with him. He's a tall lad and will be keen to impress. Unlike Barrowman he will not preen himself on a regular basis and will be driven by hunger to succeed.

We have Gavin back, Owen back. Josh Meekings will have a season under his belt. Graeme will want to build on a very good year at full back. Our new signings so far for the back four will have a lot to prove and potentially this may be where we need more experience. If Chris can overcome adversity we will have it with him.

We can surely expect at least two more players to arrive soon. There may be a third although it would be nice to see Kenny back.

If you look at other SPL clubs, we are making steady moves to raise standards. We have Martin Laing, Liam Polworth to name but a few promising youngsters.

Our new keeper has a point to prove. It was remarkable that Johnny Tuffey was so loyal over two years as a back up keeper.

Beyond that, it is similar to Dundee United. Until people star putting money in the kitty, providing SPL football in Inverness will continue to be a business challenge.

• Agree 2

Tade and Jonny's goals. Tade's strength and persistence. Tansey's cross field passes were also decent and Golobart overall as he was our best defender last season.

Still think if the majority of the squad had stayed fit we would have had a better season but no sense in looking back but it is essential that these players are suitably replaced.

Edited by ajsict92

The way I see it is that

Tuffeys been replaced by reguero, Piermayr by raven, warren could possibly be Tokelys replacement but I havnt seen him do won't say that conclusively.

That leaves, gillet, hayes and tade (although only his presence) to be replaced.

The rest of the squad will probably be filled with loanees IMO.

If Hogg, otj, and a.shinnie are fit all season that could replace (I stress could) replace the likes of tansey, and golobart.

Hogg is overrated. He wouldn't be in my starting XI. Andrew Shinnie is by far the best player we have. Hopeful this young lad we've signed will be decent and I'd like to see Kyle White get a few starts. I won't miss tade. I think everyone will miss Hayes though. Hopefully terry will be able to bring in a good replacement for Hayes, but he'll be going some.

Tade will probably not be missed. He scored 9 but missed a range of amazing sitters. Let's be positive here. We have Aaron back to fitness, Billy Mackay has a season under his belt, Richie may well start scoring again, Andrew Shinnie who is far more cultured than Jonny, Shane must start scoring soon at this level, and Nick. If Jason breaks his duck early, we may well have found a winner with him. He's a tall lad and will be keen to impress. Unlike Barrowman he will not preen himself on a regular basis and will be driven by hunger to succeed.

We have Gavin back, Owen back. Josh Meekings will have a season under his belt. Graeme will want to build on a very good year at full back. Our new signings so far for the back four will have a lot to prove and potentially this may be where we need more experience. If Chris can overcome adversity we will have it with him.

We can surely expect at least two more players to arrive soon. There may be a third although it would be nice to see Kenny back.

If you look at other SPL clubs, we are making steady moves to raise standards. We have Martin Laing, Liam Polworth to name but a few promising youngsters.

Our new keeper has a point to prove. It was remarkable that Johnny Tuffey was so loyal over two years as a back up keeper.

Beyond that, it is similar to Dundee United. Until people star putting money in the kitty, providing SPL football in Inverness will continue to be a business challenge.

I like your optimism. There's a lot of "ifs" in this but whilst I would like to see more signings of proven quality I appreciate that the club is not exactly flush with funds to attract that sort of player. The club has unearthed some gems from lower levels of English football before and there is no reason to believe that there wont be some real talent emerging from this season's signings. Last year we were unlucky with injuries and certainly in the first half of the season we were also unlucky with some of the refereing decisions which went against us. If things go as well for us this season as they went badly last season then there is no reason why we can't do well with the team that is now emerging.

Young players like Sutherland, Ross and MacKay hardly set the heather on fire last season but they are all talented youngsters who are capable of doing well if they can overcome the lack of confidence that dogged the side last year. For me, the key is not who we have in the side, it is what the tactics are. If Terry can clock that Shane is not a winger and Billy is not 6' 3" then we should be OK.

get over the loss of tade. dont think he would have played many games from the start if shinnie, and doran had been fit the whole season.

tade got me off my seat a couple of times early doors when through on goal with the keeper to beat.

after the second time i just sat in my seat when i saw it was gregory on his way to goal.

decent runner and a nuisance to defenders but no quality when it counted.

before anyone comes back with goals scored, ask yourselves how many a fit shinnie would have scored.

jonny will be hard to replace, but we seem to have managed it before, robson,cowie,wilson etc.

doran its time to step up to the plate

Hayes will be hard to replace. Hard, but not impossible.

Gillet was mobile and always put in a good shift, particularly when played at centre-half.

Tokely will never be replaced. No player has ever given or will give what he gave to the club again. His passion, his determination, his willing to give his all for the club. No-one will ever be able to replace that.

Hayes will be hard to replace. Hard, but not impossible.

Gillet was mobile and always put in a good shift, particularly when played at centre-half.

Tokely will never be replaced. No player has ever given or will give what he gave to the club again. His passion, his determination, his willing to give his all for the club. No-one will ever be able to replace that.

Now that is as good and succinct a post as you have delivered in a long time. Hayes was frustrating and inconsistent. He could produce a moment of brilliance and there was always a sense of anticipation when he got involved but that only happened infrequently and he tended to disappoint more than enthrall, plus our game plans were often centred around him. I really felt that Gillet could blossom as a "sweeper". The quote about Tokely is as good a testimonial as I could muster and it says it all - apart from the fact that his "legs" were beginning to struggle to react to his undoubted determination.

Toks will always be our legend, no matter what he does at County, mind you it would be total legend if he gets them relegated. We should name something after him, Tokely's Bar, Toke's End, etc etc so his legend lives on

Do I already detect a more positive feel in this forum ? Are we beginning to believe in Terry's strategy ?

Wouldn't it be nice to have the Team and the Fans really getting it together this season. Hopefully the most we lose this season will be the negativity and SCORES working for us..

Roll on kick off :party: :love02: :love02: :love02: :banana: