FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Absolutely disgraceful

bauhaus

Have to say I am horrified at the thought that it looks likely the 12-12-18 will get the thumbs up from the league reconstruction.

Have we not overwhelmingly said by a massive majority, that we wanted a bigger league, with either 14, 16 or 18 teams. 

Fans completely ignored again. WTF do these idiots think we are. 

Will the demise of the SPL/SFL/SFA debacle appease the fans. One body for the league is well overdue, but does that mean we need to get rid of the only one we didnt get p-ssed off with David Longmuir. Rather we got rid of the ugly sisters from the SPL and SFA.

Seen nothing to say that they are introducing a pyramid system, meaning the league will still be static.

I personally cant get over this decision to approve the 12-12 which everyone is just so bored with, the different split wont change much.

Im about as peed with this as I am this seasons strips. 

Personally, I'm at the point where I'm happy to see something happening, even if it is not my preferred option.

The one thing everyone seem to agree on was that change was needed...we just couldn't get a consensus on what that should be.  So better some kind of change than no change at all...and this is certainly not the worst option which would have been a 10 team top league.

Its them trying to do something without really doing anything.

The stupid split thing seems to be so they can have 4 Old Firm games again even though anything would be an improvement on the 0 they get at the moment.

The pyramid system would be too much hard work for them to do so they won't bother. Plus its all about self preservation.

Its baffling when you consider that the fans have said on countless occasions thta they want a bigger league. This structure has been tried in other countries and has not lasted.

On the plus side Sevco have said that if it goes ahead then they want out of Scottish Football so I suppose there may be one bonus.

• Agree 4

First there need to be a cull of the smaller professional teams in Scottish football. Scotland cannot support 4 leagues containing 42 clubs. This proposal start this process with 24 clubs in the new look Premier and Championship. Personally don’t like the ideas of the split but let’s give it a go if it get us there.

The teams under that will hopefully split into 3 semi-pro regional leagues. A Highland, East and West leagues. These leagues will probably have 18 to 20 teams in them made up of the current Highland league, Junior football and 18 left over from the current structure. Interestingly this could include a certain team from the west side of Glasgow.

Therefore we have a setup controlled by 24 teams which only needs 18 ambitious teams to agree any meaningful future proposal.

Im with ya Bahaus.......i too am pretty puzzled by the propasals. In yesterdays SkySports.com report...the reporter stated that basically...the changes were needed as fans were sick of playing the same teams  4 times per season. So how do these proposals eliminate that by keeping the 12 team top tier for most of the season?

Should have gone for a 16-18 team spl 

Why does Scottish football have to come out with all these bizarre ideas that no other major leagues feel the need to employ?

The pyramid system would be too much hard work for them to do so they won't bother. .

The pyramid looks like happening though. The SFA licensing of clubs is well underway and soon those without a license will be excluded from the Scottish Cup. The new 'Lowland League' may even be rushed into being for next season. There's likely to be a playoff between the winners of the HL and LL and the bottom of the new setup.

However wee diddy clubs like the one I'm involved with are pretty unanimous that it should be regionalised below level 2, which the new league of 18 at level 3 kind of scuppers.

First there need to be a cull of the smaller professional teams in Scottish football. Scotland cannot support 4 leagues containing 42 clubs. This proposal start this process with 24 clubs in the new look Premier and Championship. Personally don’t like the ideas of the split but let’s give it a go if it get us there.

The teams under that will hopefully split into 3 semi-pro regional leagues. A Highland, East and West leagues. These leagues will probably have 18 to 20 teams in them made up of the current Highland league, Junior football and 18 left over from the current structure. Interestingly this could include a certain team from the west side of Glasgow.

Therefore we have a setup controlled by 24 teams which only needs 18 ambitious teams to agree any meaningful future proposal.

Yeah Rangers might as well join the Highland League , they`ve enough fans up here anyway.

Its not a format undertaken by the major leagues in Europe, but it might work, cant be any worse than what we have now. Fact is there are too many teams for the population and until this is addressed thorugh mergers and rationalisation then it will always be a struggle for small clubs, although having 1 governing body is long overdue and it will be intersting to see the proposal for cash distibution and how it is more evenly spread.

Also understand that if there is league reconstruction, whoever wins SFL3 will stay in the bottom league next season. Apparantly Green wants to move them down to England - if this is the outcome of reconstruction - I'm a supporter lol.

• Agree 1

would not like to be the team that finishes 9 out of 12 at the split. say 6 points in front of 10th and maybe 15 points in front of 12th.

then by magic the points for teams 9-12 in spl and 1-4 in championship are reset to zero, and the 8 teams play each other, for 4 places in spl or championship.

after split have a dip in form due to injury ,( i assume all disciplinary points are reset also to zero) lose players in january transfer window, maybe even loose you manager and bingo you are one of the four to be in next years championship.

league placings should be decided over a season and if you finish last or even second last you have no excuses when relegated.

load of nonsense. 

• Agree 1

Does this mean that if you had a bad enough second part of your season you could get relegated twice? I'm thinking back to the Hitler's bunker video only its Doncaster and Regan etal bringing disaster down rather than listening to advice... :stir:

Mind you it's not all bad - Brittain to St Johnstone! :rotflmao:

Have to say I am horrified at the thought that it looks likely the 12-12-18 will get the thumbs up from the league reconstruction.

Have we not overwhelmingly said by a massive majority, that we wanted a bigger league, with either 14, 16 or 18 teams. 

Fans completely ignored again. WTF do these idiots think we are. 

Will the demise of the SPL/SFL/SFA debacle appease the fans. One body for the league is well overdue, but does that mean we need to get rid of the only one we didnt get p-ssed off with David Longmuir. Rather we got rid of the ugly sisters from the SPL and SFA.

Seen nothing to say that they are introducing a pyramid system, meaning the league will still be static.

I personally cant get over this decision to approve the 12-12 which everyone is just so bored with, the different split wont change much.

Im about as peed with this as I am this seasons strips. 

Only benefit of that set up is that Sevco are threatening to leave Scottish fitba if it goes ahead, (if they can find any other league in the world that wants them!)

It seems straight forward to me.

If you end up in the bottom or top 4 of each league then you are in a relegation or promotion battle, should be a few decent games at the end of each season and pre-split.

Of course you'll still get the likes of Dundee this year who will know well in advance they've a relegation group to go through but for the teams above them there really would be a fight on, same goes for the teams behind Queen of the South or Rangers in the leagues below.

I guess its the leaders of the lower leagues who are the real losers, they can win every single game in the second or third tier and still not go up.

Yeah Rangers might as well join the Highland League , they`ve enough fans up here anyway.

Thats a fresh idea!

Is it just me that has seen a touch of sparkle lost by eventually playing County 6 times this year? (Although it has been good keeping them in our shadow!)

How is this structure going to avoid the problem of repeating so many games? 

Will there be an extension of playoffs for the European places?  I wouldnt care who we were playing if it was a play-off for Europe.

I can see that the bottom/top four playoffs will be exciting but what of the top 8 in the SPL? Boredom ensues as the OF dominate and the top 8 play each other again and again...

Carrot and stick my good forum readers, in the current model there is a fairly big stick but where is the carrot for the St Johnstones, Kilmarnocks and Motherwells of the league??!

would not like to be the team that finishes 9 out of 12 at the split. say 6 points in front of 10th and maybe 15 points in front of 12th.

then by magic the points for teams 9-12 in spl and 1-4 in championship are reset to zero, and the 8 teams play each other, for 4 places in spl or championship.

after split have a dip in form due to injury ,( i assume all disciplinary points are reset also to zero) lose players in january transfer window, maybe even loose you manager and bingo you are one of the four to be in next years championship.

league placings should be decided over a season and if you finish last or even second last you have no excuses when relegated.

load of nonsense. 

It's the 'middle 8' post-split that is going to eventually unravel this model. Clubs doomed to drop into the middle 8 will start preparing for it by trialling fringe players and keeping their better players free of injury. Other clubs (other than the one they are playing) will start complaining that the doomed clubs are not playing their strongest team.

Eventually Celtic will lose out on a championship because "Inverness had all these easy games in November to January...b'jesus they were gifted the points". SPL will hold an enquiry and agree with them and so it goes on...  

If we see ourselves as a top 8 team then this could be an income generator for us. Added bonus would be only playing C*unt(y) twice at most. Having said that I am not in favour of this and would prefer a larger, 20 team 38 game, SPL with two relegated each year.  A 24 team 46 game SPL 2 two promotion and three relegation places each year. 3 regional leagues east, west and northern, and all is sorted.

• Agree 1

What gets me is the fans overwhelmingly voted for a bigger league, so we get what we want, the same in a different coloured box.

Personally I think that the fans should say to the clubs NO WE DONT WANT THIS. 

As a side issue, in our seasons in the top flight, how many times were we in the top 8 at the proposed split. This being our eighth in the SPL we would more often be in that crap middle eight, than in the elite.

As I understand it, the clubs rejected the 16 club league because it would only mean 30 league games and thus decrease revenue, which they can ill afford. They have tried to increase competition with what amounts to a play off league for relegation/promotion, and a 2 up 2 down will be healthier. Despite all the bleating I don't see it as a Rangers issue, as they will be in the same position on either scenario. It might work, but in the end it is a mirage to think that league construction will solve the underlying issues of Scottish football. Having said that, this is the best season for years, the demotion of Rangers has made the SPL much livelier, and it has given a shot in the arm to the 3rd div clubs. There must be a message there somewhere?

Again, it's all about Rangers, rather than what's good for the game.  I honestly believe people would prefer 5 tables of 8 if Rangers were in the bottom tier, rather than 2 leagues of 14 with Rangers in the first or second.

Rangers actually hate it and their sulking has gone into overdrive  if this goes through next season they will be no better off,  win div 3 and then play the same teams