FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT Enamel Badges

BornCaley

Ive noticed on Ebay there are only a handfull of ICT related enamel badges for sale! Most of them have 1886 as our year of formation so in short not worth it.

I make my own band related button badges; but during a few pints yesterday with my Jambo pal he mentioned and showed me hundreds of Hearts enamel badges he has! There seems to be a market for football badges like this so was wondering if anyone on here is a collector of football badges. Obviously Hearts have a longer history and fan base; but I am willing to design and make some ICT ones if there were demand for them.

No crest or copyright images will be used so no problems there! Although i notice the online shop doesn't appear to sell any so might contact the club about this.

Ideas so far are:

1. Special Testimonials, Legend games ( ICT v Liverpool)

2. A series of ICT v County badges

3. SuperCaleyGoBallistic

Thought?

Good Idea .....

There have been a few ICT badges over the years .... I think I still have 2

One is just shaped like the club crest, gold colour, metallic style I bought at the club shop a few years ago, its not really a 'badge' more a lapel 'pin' as it has one of those butterfly clasps like the back of an earring. The other is a Supporters Club badge I acquired, round enamel type with a proper safety pin style catch .... I believe it was somewhat of a limited edition and no longer available though ...

I seem to recall a Liverpool ICT badge that has both club crests similar to the type you see at Liverpool European games. Also last time at Old Trafford the club badge sellers outside had a couple of ICT pin badges - one was just club crest shaped and another was a round badGe with the club crest on a White background.

I did think about Supporters club pins as well. I would be more than happy to produce some button badges for any ICT supporters club for a small fee of course!

Scotty! When i say badge i do mean the enamel ones with the butterfly pin at the back!

There is a Wilson Testimonial badge on Ebay which looked nice! It had both club crests and the date!

This was the kind of thing I had in mind! Obviously mine would be with the correct formation dates! These badges are clearly being produced by businesses with no connection to the club; not even as a supporter! However it does look good; date aside!

$T2eC16F,!)QE9s3HCob6BQNhwcr9yg~~60_35.J

I did think about Supporters club pins as well. I would be more than happy to produce some button badges for any ICT supporters club for a small fee of course!

Scotty! When i say badge i do mean the enamel ones with the butterfly pin at the back!

There is a Wilson Testimonial badge on Ebay which looked nice! It had both club crests and the date!

Drop me an e.mail to donald@caleythistleonline.com - some examples and prices would be good. Ta.

Drop me an e.mail to donald@caleythistleonline.com - some examples and prices would be good. Ta.

Once I get some designs I will do Don!

Cheers

Sorry for using a H**rts badge after our recent encounter but its merely to demonstrate another type.  I wanted to ask if there were any classic ICT player or manager poses that could be used to make up player enamel badges.  I recall the classic Sheerin jump pose at the 3-1 game at Parkhead, Johnny Hayes odd celebration after his goal v Rangers and maybe TBs balcony salute at Ayr as examples! Can anyone think of any player poses that could be used?

ms4LUq3vEb_U-eu4B0EnPbA.jpg

Need to be careful with taking player poses from photographs without permission (although I am sure CaleyJags.com would assist)....you're stepping into the realms of derivative works and it's more grief than it's worth.  We've always tried to keep a good relationship with photographers etc as they've been good to us on CTO over the years by providing stuff for our use on the site.

Maybe speak to the lad who does the Caricatures though...!!!

Would be especially interested in a price for the Caley Jags Together logo....

post-3-0-83583600-1360119547.png

apologies for any fuzziness, but here are the ICT badges I mentioned above, and also one I (and other season ticket holders) got from TFC in season 1 to mark the inaugural season.

post-2-0-08194800-1360148846_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-13374300-1360148868_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-31849700-1360149005_thumb.jpg

Caley D - Yeah im a bit cautious of doing the "pose" types as you said; copyrights issues! And I know from my Jambo pal that Hearts are trying to pursue the guy who makes them to stop him.

As for the CJT; I think a button badge would look better as the colours are quite striking!  I normally sell my reproductions for £1 + p&p. I will make contact with CTJ to discuss doing some and let you all know.

Scotty- I do like the first one; looks very Caledonian FC

I have been messing about with 2 nice ICT badges today! However I cant seem to copy & paste or drag the image into the thread. Any ideas how I can add them! Weird as I managed to do it earlier in the week with the images above

I Managed to work out what the Copy & Paste problem was. Here are a few designs I worked on yesterday. Totally forgot what anniversary it was today so too late to travel up tomorrow for the game! Thoughts/comments/sales welcome! £1 + p&p; although I need to speak to the club re the last one

59695_363043800470075_383785161_n.jpg  563081_363043817136740_2134003323_n.jpg  560052_363043820470073_349774773_n.jpg

Selling those alongside the matchday programmes would be a real money spinner, £1 a pop would shift I bet

Need a profit if BC sells for a quid. £1:50 + vat.

This was the kind of thing I had in mind! Obviously mine would be with the correct formation dates! These badges are clearly being produced by businesses with no connection to the club; not even as a supporter! However it does look good; date aside!

$T2eC16F,!)QE9s3HCob6BQNhwcr9yg~~60_35.J

The part thats wrong there is not the date......its the missing thistle

Yeah I saw that as well Alex; Clearly made with the Caledonian FC crest and just added Thistle to the name! I did contact them on ebay about it.

I am working on a similar badge to be made into enamel to celebrate the first ICT v County SPL match. I will post a pic when done

I Managed to work out what the Copy & Paste problem was. Here are a few designs I worked on yesterday. Totally forgot what anniversary it was today so too late to travel up tomorrow for the game! Thoughts/comments/sales welcome! £1 + p&p; although I need to speak to the club re the last one

59695_363043800470075_383785161_n.jpg  563081_363043817136740_2134003323_n.jpg  560052_363043820470073_349774773_n.jpg

Dont give up your day job .

Ive just realised the "moaner" who sit behind us at games are like that in real life. What a shame that these people continue to criticise or put others down on this site for trying to do something for other supporters and/or the club. Why don't you spend your energy booing Roberts tomorrow night!

well the 3 above are on a badge template I did on photoshop! I have made 2 of them with my badge machine and they came out just fine! I haven't really had any problems so far and ive sold hundreds of band badges! Photoshop has plenty of tools to edit images.

If you had something in mind let me know and I can try it. However Im not sure about restrictions to enamel badges if thats what you me

Edited by BornCaley

Yeah, can imagine restrictions on enamel badges...it was the button ones I was on about.

I was just wondering if the button badges were a case of printing the image onto the necessary material and if that material posed any issues when it came to fine detail and things.