FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Reguero to Kilmarnock?

RedCard

I remember reading a couple of years ago that the belief that ICT were smallest club in the SPL (turnover/wages/budgetwise etc.), which was often pedalled, was a myth and that ICT/St Johnstone/St. Mirren etc were all fairly small yet were not the smallest and ran on roughly the same budget.  The smallest was Kilmarnock.  That begs the question about how they are managing to sign all these people when apparently they are in £10m of debt and constantly harping on that relegation would mean liquidation?

I won't be surprised if they're the next club to go the way of Dunfermline.

Jaakola and Letheren are both rubbish. Reguero will be their first choice keeper no doubt. He is head and shoulders above both in quality. 

• 2 weeks later...

Why on Earth would Reguero want to leave a top six team pushing for second and heading into Europe, for some bottom six dwellers, based in a an absolutely horrible town, managed by a complete weirdo?!

• Agree 2

What a fool.

Apparently he had an offer from Ipswich as well and there was talk of him going to West Ham last season as well.  But oh no, he'd rather play in the Scottish Division Two - what an idiot.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

It'll damage his Scotland prospects too. Just pathetic. In football terms, it's the same as him dropping down to play for Stenhousemuir. 2nd Division football. The only difference is the money. Strachan should avoid this guy. I'm quite bitter about this because it's made Killie look for another top 'keeper...and they've gone for Reguero.

• Agree 1

It'll damage his Scotland prospects too. Just pathetic. In football terms, it's the same as him dropping down to play for Stenhousemuir. 2nd Division football. The only difference is the money. Strachan should avoid this guy. I'm quite bitter about this because it's made Killie look for another top 'keeper...and they've gone for Reguero.

No it's not the same as playing for Stenhousemuir.  At Stenhousemuir he could at least expect to be busy for much of the 90 minutes of each game.  At The Rangers all he will be doing on match day is spending the time wondering what to do with his completely unjustified pay packet,  If he still has any ambition as a player he would have been better to follow up on interest from struggling Championship sides.  At one of those clubs he would still have been paid well but would have more opportunity to prove himself and put himself in the shop window. 

I have to agree with DoofersDad here Bell if he had any ambition at all he would have gone to a Championship side where he could have shown off his talent and still been on a good wage - but maybe he is afraid of a challenge from a good number two in the championship - something he wont get at Rangers looks to me as if he does not have a lot of faith in his own ability

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like Reguero might learn pretty quickly that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Look at Tuffey, he moved away for first team football and has barely featured at all, think he has played two first team games this season

• Agree 1

Looks like Samson has rejected Motherwell in favour of Killie, seems like Reguero's chances of being number 1 there have hit a snag.