43 members have voted

1. 1. Where do we play Foran?

• Up-Front
    • Wing
    • Attacking Midfield
    • Defensive Midfield
    • Defence
    • Off The Bench

Think he showed today that we cant do without him !

Taking nothing away from Richie and unlike a few others I had far from written him off in pre-season....but, I don't think it's true to say that we can't do without him (on the park at least).  We coped pretty admirably without him in the Charlton match.

Not sure there's any player you could put in the "can't do without" box at the moment because we have very capable cover for every position on the pitch.  Not only that, but we have a depth of squad that allows us to be far more adaptable than perhaps any other season in the SPL that I can recall.  In fact, you could leave out every player that started against St Mirren and we could still field a strong team, IMO.

FWIW, I'd have his name as one of the first on the team sheet every week....and despite putting his body through the ringer at the end of last season, he came back looking leaner, sharper and fitter than ever.

In fact, you could leave out every player that started against St Mirren and we could still field a strong team, IMO.

Esson

Cooper Devine Tremarco Williams

Watkins Polworth Pepper Greenhalgh

Allen Adgestein

Not too bad IMO.

In fact, you could leave out every player that started against St Mirren and we could still field a strong team, IMO.

Esson

Cooper Devine Tremarco Williams

Watkins Polworth Pepper Greenhalgh

Allen Adgestein

Not too bad IMO.

Not too bad just totally lacks experience

That's true Rival, but it also means they have no negative experience which may block their heads after two successive defeats. The big exception being Esson of course...

Yes true aswell, considering I think only Esson and Devine? Have completed a full 90 minutes in the spl. I don't recall Pepper playing a full game and Polworth and Cooper defo haven't.

The big positive is that Richie can be utilised in a variety of positions and also fits in to the favoured TB system. He has shown that he could fill in at centre back, he can evidently play centre mid but then looks as comfortable wide left and is as good a centre forward as we have. However I am shure that he would wish to play in the same position every week but his versatility is our strength. He is a leader but unfortunately needs to learn the art of discipline as well as he has picked up too many cards for opening his gob at officials. I would like to see him being utilised in the tactical strength and weighing up where best to play him against certain opposition - for instance his experience is required in midfield fer a lot of away trips. But the bottom line is that nobody walks in to this side and has to maintain a level of performance to be picked week in and week out. TB has had what has appeared to be his faves in the past but he has considerably more options to look at - as the second team scenario emphasises. It is probably a very old fashioned way of selecting a squad but, with our resources, a rather astute choice - remembering how we had to chop and change at the end of last season.