FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

MAURICE MALPAS WANTS THE JOB SUNDAY MAIL

Dargo20

Even maybe have Christie as assistant? He's had the top job before so he knows the score about that, and he adores the club which he can translate onto the players. I'd defo say bring Foran into being a 1st team coach though as well. Get him into the coaching set up.

Wonder if Steve Marsella will stay also?

And I think you'll have to live with the fact that ICTs short name is Caley nowadays. Sorry it just is. I refer to them as ICT or the Caley Jags mainly but the vast majority will just say Caley, especially if not supporters of the club.

I agree. The players seem up for it. A new manager would probably take time to settle and want to shape his own style. Mo and Fo might give us continuity. I was impressed with Mo's performance v DU in the cup and also again today.

Mo and Fo has to be considered as an option.

Foran as Assistant and player as well. Deserves it, whatever.
I guess Richie will be in FOR A NOD from the Board. :clapoverhead: 

No disturbing of the team , no new Manager to blood and fit in, no wariness from the players towards the new Manager. No new plans or techniques to upset the apple cart. Onward and upward.

Worth a thought and maybe a trial try-out. Looks like this team is a train on a roll that nothing can derail. Holy smokes...how can we be so lucky!

Turbulent and exciting times. New blood is maybe what we need. Obviously Mo and Steve were not as close to T B as maybe we thought and that's GREAT for ICT. :ictscarf: 

Roll on the next gemme.

• Agree 2

Guest Mahonio

Still reckon Mo would go to Hibs with Butcher if asked, no doubt Mail just.assumed that Mo wouldn't go to Hibs but his refusal to talk of his future in BBC interview gives me impression he'll be off as well.

All he said was. "Possibly I'll go separate waits from Butcher and that Butcher could say "your not coming" or "do you want to come", so.Mail have taken some of that quotes out of context.

If this is true, I'd be well up for it. Mo is clearly a very good coach and I think the reason he has failed as a manager in the past is due to the added off the training ground pressures involved with the title.

I can't help but draw parallels with Steve Clarke, previously very successful number 2 now doing a good job at West Brom where his official role is 'head coach'. In his own words “As a head coach - I’m not a manager with a budget, remember, which means the club have the final say. I can make recommendations but it’s down to the club to bring in players. My job is to work with the players."

I think if we brought back someone in the director of football/sporting director role and offered Maurice the job of head coach, assisted by Ritchie then it could be a very successful formula.

Edited by ubern

Torn about this one. On the one hand, there is the attraction of continuity with the thought that at least some of the players would be loyal to Maurice if Butcher tried to lure them to Easter Road.

On the other hand, there's no getting away from the fact that Malpas's record when he has been a manager in his own right is quite abysmal. Not sure at all. If Malpas staying persuaded Marcella to stay as well it may be worth the gamble.

i would say Mo would be a hot favorite with steve as his assistant then esson will become new goalkeeping coach 

We wouldn't need a new goalkeeping coach if Steve Marcella was still at the club

I said that steve would be Mo's assistant so esson would be the goalkeeping coach  

Foran has a key role to play - that's for sure. it was a nice touch yesterday when he encouraged the players over to the fans at the end. Hopefully Terry stays and we can put all of this chat to rest though.

Edited by TopSix
  • Agree 1

Foran has a key role to play - that's for sure. it was a nice touch yesterday when he encouraged the players over to the fans at the end. Hopefully Terry stays and we can put all of this chat to rest though.

No chance. He has burned his bridges and would not be welcome back anyway after his behaviour yesterday.I agree that a coaching role Foran is key to preventing him from following Butcher in January.

• Agree 1

i would say Mo would be a hot favorite with steve as his assistant then esson will become new goalkeeping coach 

We wouldn't need a new goalkeeping coach if Steve Marcella was still at the club

I said that steve would be Mo's assistant so esson would be the goalkeeping coach  

We are not a massive giant of a club like say Hibernian. Marcella could easily fill both roles.