FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dods 2 United - pre-contract

Guest Arab4Ever

Not sure if he has actually signed the pre-contract but according to Sportsound he has agreed to sign.

Three questions then:

1 - Should ICT look to sell Dods for a nominal fee or let his contract run until the summer?

2 - Should CC continue to play Dods or start to play Stuart McCaffery?

3 - Who should ICT be looking to sign as Dods' replacement?

I think he should be sold as we never paid anything for him when Robbo signed him and this would represent a good bit of business not to mention some extra funds and wage money for a suitable replacement, this would also allow CC to start playing Stuart McCaffery.  I would go so far as to say that if any of the three players out of contract this summer sign pre-contract agreements then they shouldn't be played and instead their respective understudies should be given as much first team experience as possible.  On Dods' replacement - no names immediatley spring to mind but maube Celtic could loan us David Kennedy for next season.

Aye, he was definitely away anyway, just a surprise he couldn't find a better team than United to play for.

We definitely need a replacement, Caff's not up to the job!

Arab4ever- I've been looking at Arab Talk and your boys don't seem awful happy with their new addition.

You should explain to them that Dods will be a good signing, he's been a major part of a very tight defence, he's proven in the SPL and if deployed properly, will tighten up the United defence that's been leaking more than a male centugenarian

Odd that although the BBC says the deal is done that the interview with CC said that nothing has been agreed yet or he isn't aware of Dods signing a deal with United.

I think that he probably has done though.

I wonder if United will try and offer some money to get him before the end of the season?

Apologies if this link is old news or has already been posted somewhere else on this board. Was visiting a Dons site to get the other side's reaction to the game and came across it. The stuff about Dods is irrelevant now that the pre-contract's been confirmed, but I found the rest interesting (if nothing else you can have fun trying to decipher the asterisks). I assume *** ***** is Blackie? If so, sounds like the Arabs are still tracking him. This dens1983 sounds like an Inverness-based Arab - any idea, Arab4Ever? 

scandalmonger

He is based in Sneck, seems to think he's right in with the club, but he's not as much of a ****** as all the other Arabs who have stolen PCs and delight us all with the arrogant sh1te online.  :001:

Dens1983's been evesdropping in the Heathmount again. Think a copy of that post should be sent to the club cos the asterix's should easily be able to work out who the writer is.

The guy's so smug but if memory serves correct we all knew Dods was going since last august.

1 - Should ICT look to sell Dods for a nominal fee or let his contract run until the summer?

2 - Should CC continue to play Dods or start to play Stuart McCaffery?

3 - Who should ICT be looking to sign as Dods' replacement?

as to the above questions.

My opinion is:

1. Keep Dods till end of season. He could help us gain another place which is worth £75k

2. Dods is a comitted professional and will earn his wages. IMO Caff doesn't have what it takes to play SPL

3. Another as good or better. Sheffield links could come in handy here.

Hopefully someone will have told Charlie Dods is leaving by now 'cos he seems to be the only one who doesn't know  :004:

Dods will stay till the end of the season although I'm sure he will get some stick from the more ignorant sections of our support who will ignore the fact he has been a great servant for the club  :023:

Many people seem to have forgotten that Dods said he would stay if we had offered him a longer contract than he was being offered at the time (think he was looking for a 2 year extension and we were offering 1).

Given the fact that CC said in the interview that he has been given a "Greatly Enhanced Offer" then Dods moving may not be the done deal everyone thinks it is.

BTW, think I am pretty certain I know who Dens1983 is.  If I'm right then players etc are well aware of his loose lips and normally fill him full of chit knowing it will find it's way around the web.

Guest Arab4Ever

Aye I know Dens1983. Dunno about the truth in a lot of his stuff but he has got some things spot on.

Proctor - 2 weeks before anything was mentioned in the press

Brewster - 3  or 4 days before anything mentioned in the press

Darren Dods - despite Levein saying in the press he had no interest in Dods, he said at that time we were actually after him