FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

James Vincent

caleydawson

Butcher never did this when with ICT. He tended to keep tight lipped about potential signings...big headedness has obviously kicked in.

Pele underwent exactly the same change when he went to Aberdeen, and it did him no favours at all. Possibly something to do with having to appear forward-thinking and ambitious to supporters of perennially under-achieving clubs.

I'm sort of with RiG on this - rather Vincent than Draper. I suspect I didn't fully appreciate what Vincent gave to the team though - in the games I saw him in earlier in the season I felt that he didn't do a great deal, but there is no question that our best performances happened with him in the side, so I probably missed something.   

It would be blow to lose James Vincent - especially to Hibs! He was an ever-present, integral part of our spectacular start to the season.

Perhaps the Terry Butcher interest is behind our apparent move for Greg Tansey?

I'd be surprised if we 'escaped' the winter transfer-window unscathed...but that's us midway through January and all is still intact - and Billy's still ours!

Butcher never did this when with ICT. He tended to keep tight lipped about potential signings...big headedness has obviously kicked in.

Pele underwent exactly the same change when he went to Aberdeen, and it did him no favours at all. Possibly something to do with having to appear forward-thinking and ambitious to supporters of perennially under-achieving clubs.

I'm sort of with RiG on this - rather Vincent than Draper. I suspect I didn't fully appreciate what Vincent gave to the team though - in the games I saw him in earlier in the season I felt that he didn't do a great deal, but there is no question that our best performances happened with him in the side, so I probably missed something.   

Brewster was atrocious for it too, I remember him more or less tapping up Black, Dods and Proctor  :tongueincheek: and I remember Malpas grassed him up to SFA for publicly declaring interest in Scott McDonald as well. 

All it does is antagonize. Hoping Vincent stays though. He offered a great go between for midfield and attack and settled into that position in the hole. What I noticed without him was that once he was out of the team the overall play and free flowing football we had seen was less fluent and I'd say still is. He may not have provided anything pleasing to the eye but he was providing a key cause to the team. 

I would hate to lose him cause I think he will get better, and especially lose him to the Judas. 

Edited by AJS
  • Agree 1

Is there any word on how his injury is doing? 14 weeks seems an awful long time for a chipped tibia. And reading a couple of threads back from Sept/Oct, a few people were saying he was not doing so well in games and calling for him to be dropped. Maybe its the grumpy git in me, but, not a great loss if he goes. And we can use his wage to get some help for Mckay up front.

He played 9 games for us and we were top of the league from games 1 to 9. Since his injury, we've dropped to mid-table. Coincidence?

Probably, but there was no doubting his quality. He also did a lot of organising on the pitch whenever I saw him play. If I was a cliched TV pundit I'd say he has a good footballing brain.

I would not like to lose Vincent but the real answer is for Hughes to start earning his wages and begin bringing in some talent of his own and to think about moulding his own team. He is in the fortunate position of having most of the rest of our decent players signed up beyond this season but whether or not we hang on to Vincent, now is the time to for him to prove his worth by shoring up our depleted midfield with a decent signing and I don't mean Tansey.

I would not like to lose Vincent but the real answer is for Hughes to start earning his wages and begin bringing in some talent of his own and to think about moulding his own team. He is in the fortunate position of having most of the rest of our decent players signed up beyond this season but whether or not we hang on to Vincent, now is the time to for him to prove his worth by shoring up our depleted midfield with a decent signing and I don't mean Tansey.

One word Budget?

How has the compensation money been spent? Surely not all on Foran's new contract. Plus savings on Toby's wages. There must be some extra available for strengthening surely?

I'd be surprised if it was all going to be spent. I reckon some would be kept back to help cover our usual operating costs / shortfall. Probably Tansey would take Toby's place on the wage bill.

• Agree 1

I think if Tansey is coming in its because Foran and Vincent aren't back anytime soon.  I still think we'll be replacing Toby with someone else as well.  If we come out of the transfer window with everyone intact, plus Tansey (who was supposed to be the best set piece taker we'd ever seen and was rather rubbish actually, but i'm willing to give hima  chance) and a striker to replace Toby then i'll be happy.