FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Final

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

After tonight, what are your thoughts on this? Going by Robbo on Open all Mics, Devine played well and Foran in CM is a MUST for Sunday.

Anyone play themselves into contention for Sunday?

I thought Christie showed a lot of energy when he came, one fantastic defence splitting pass to tremarco that he couldn't get past the first defender and ball out for corner.

agree with polworth statement.

devine had a few howlers. tried to hoof the ball up field 2-3 times and the ball shot 90 degrees to the right each time.

he also got a lashing from foran for another bit of play that could have cost us.

think he is going to have a rough ride with rooney and pawlett if he is selected

I thought Christie showed a lot of energy when he came, one fantastic defence splitting pass to tremarco that he couldn't get past the first defender and ball out for corner.

agree with polworth statement.

devine had a few howlers. tried to hoof the ball up field 2-3 times and the ball shot 90 degrees to the right each time.

he also got a lashing from foran for another bit of play that could have cost us.

think he is going to have a rough ride with rooney and pawlett if he is selected

On a positive note he was part of a clean sheet and made some good interceptions, tackles and headers. Comfortable he can do the business.

Brill

Raven Meekings Devine Shinnie

Foran Draper

Watkins Tansey Williams

Mckay

Subs: Esson, Tremarco, Vincent, Christie, Ross

If Aaron Doran is fit to play then instead of Watkins and drop Watkins to the bench. It may be easy to say start a fresh Marley Watkins but I feel if we bring him on as an impact sub like we did at Ross County it would be good!

• Agree 1

My Team:

Brill

Raven Devine Meekings Shinnie

Foran Draper

Doran Tansey Watkins

Mckay

Yogis team:

Brill

Raven Devine Meekings Shinnie

Doran Tansey Draper Watkins

Foran Mckay

My thoughts exactly! If he starts with Wyness101's team, with the option of reverting to Yogi's team if we need a goal, I'd be happy with that, but don't go 4-4-2 from the start..................Please!

Christie is a must for the bench. Not so sure about Williams.

Did you even watch the game yesterday. Williams was superb.  

???

Care to elaborate your point?

I assume it is your statement that Williams was superb.  He wasn't!  He was better than most but he was far from superb.  Had he been superb I think we would have had rather more that just 4 attempts on goal.  Collectively our attacking midfied was very poor last night. Williams was simply the best of a bad bunch.

??? Care to elaborate your point?

I assume it is your statement that Williams was superb. He wasn't! He was better than most but he was far from superb. Had he been superb I think we would have had rather more that just 4 attempts on goal. Collectively our attacking midfied was very poor last night. Williams was simply the best of a bad bunch. On an individual performance I thought Danny Williams was ICT man of the match. He was bursting with so much energy and put in a decent shift. Fair enough, superb was probably over exaggerating it but certainly no way I would have him miss out the final. Sure Ryan Christie done well when he came on but I'd rather see Danny Williams on the bench or even starting - remember our last game vs Aberdeen.

Edited by ICTRoughi

??? Care to elaborate your point? I assume it is your statement that Williams was superb. He wasn't! He was better than most but he was far from superb. Had he been superb I think we would have had rather more that just 4 attempts on goal. Collectively our attacking midfied was very poor last night. Williams was simply the best of a bad bunch. On an individual performance I thought Danny Williams was ICT man of the match. He was bursting with so much energy and put in a decent shift. Fair enough, superb was probably over exaggerating it but certainly no way I would have him miss out the final. Sure Ryan Christie done well when he came on but I'd rather see Danny Williams on the bench or even starting - remember our last game vs Aberdeen.

I don't disagree regarding Williams being more deserving (if this is the correct description) than Ryan of a place.

Bursting with energy perhaps but in the middle of the park he tends to run around a lot and achieve very little. Definately not superb last night - adequate perhaps (just?).

For what its worth I would start with him wide left.

??? Care to elaborate your point? I assume it is your statement that Williams was superb. He wasn't! He was better than most but he was far from superb. Had he been superb I think we would have had rather more that just 4 attempts on goal. Collectively our attacking midfied was very poor last night. Williams was simply the best of a bad bunch. On an individual performance I thought Danny Williams was ICT man of the match. He was bursting with so much energy and put in a decent shift. Fair enough, superb was probably over exaggerating it but certainly no way I would have him miss out the final. Sure Ryan Christie done well when he came on but I'd rather see Danny Williams on the bench or even starting - remember our last game vs Aberdeen.

I don't disagree regarding Williams being more deserving (if this is the correct description) than Ryan of a place.

Bursting with energy perhaps but in the middle of the park he tends to run around a lot and achieve very little. Definately not superb last night - adequate perhaps (just?).

For what its worth I would start with him wide left.

The unfortunate thing about League Cup is that you can only have 5 subs and one of them has to be a goalkeeper. In an ideal world we should have both Williams and Christie on the bench at least. Don't get me wrong, it would be a tremendous achievement for Ryan to be on the bench on Sunday but due to the lack of spaces it may come a bit short.

I think the way the game panned out last night, the team as a whole failed to achieve anything - maybe cup final on the minds.

Left wing is going to be between Watkins, Ross and Williams and I personally think Yogi will go with Nick Ross. Recalling last night, Nick put in a good shift too.

• Agree 1

I agree with the selection and subs in post 3.   It would, however, be nice to see Christie have a place on the bench as he brings something a bit different and he impressed during his brief appearance yesterday. But despite my preferred selection, I think Yogi will start with Vincent rather than Watkins - otherwise, why rest him yesterday?  That would leave Ross, Watkins and Williams  on the bench.  They are maybe a bit too similar to all be on the bench so maybe there would be a place for Christie after all.

I don't know which of Ross, Watkins and Williams you would leave out as they are all deserving of a place on the bench at least.  Such are the problems for the manager but at least it is good to know that there is real quality in depth at the club now.  Whilst we may have worrying dips in form from time to time, I think the longer term omens are surely very good.

Brill

Raven Meekings Devine Shinnie

Foran Draper

Watkins Tansey Williams

Mckay

Subs: Esson, Tremarco, Vincent, Christie, Ross

If Aaron Doran is fit to play then instead of Watkins and drop Watkins to the bench. It may be easy to say start a fresh Marley Watkins but I feel if we bring him on as an impact sub like we did at Ross County it would be good!

For once i agree with you.

• Agree 1