FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Midweek v Motherwell.

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I am not one for dropping players for poor performances/fatigue when Europe isn't out of reach so I would go with.

Brill

Raven, Devine, Warren, Shinnie

Draper, Christie

Watkins, Polworth/Tansey, Foran

McKay.

I suspect Yogi will go for Tansey in central defence, so he can pass the ball around, as that's what is really needed in a centre half.  We need to attack down the wings, so Draper and Warren are the most natural there.  I doubt we will have anyone in central midfield this time as we spend so much time tip-tapping around the defence that the result is either a backpass or a big punt up, so no need for anyone in front of the new Puyol and Beckenbauer.

McKay up front.

• Agree 1

Starchief - why on earth do you bother posting on this forum when all you do is be totally crass, negative and obnoxious? Like so many others you don't savour the fact that the club have again achieved a top six finish and are striving to compete with far bigger and better supported clubs than ours?

We all desire a hugely talented and pacey wide player but, apart from an inconsistent Dorans, we do not possess the like. Therefore we have to look to players who can create openings through the middle with good movement and clever vision. Christie seems to possess both but that matters little to you as long as you can have a poke at the current manager. As an ICT fan since the merger I was thrilled today to see Shinnie, Polwoth, Ross and Christie on the pitch and would go as far as to say that they were among the top performers for the team today.

But that will no doubt be TOO POSITIVE for you and your Tansey at centre half comment sums up your approach to the attempts of the new manager to play  a more open and attractive system.

• Agree 1

Who suggested playing it 'slow and narrow' through a congested midfield is open or attractive? Certainly not me. I merely suggested that without natural wide players in the team the attacking guile relies on clever movement and good angled passing around the opposition box. If we were playing with a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 set up I would certainly look to our wide players to get around the outside of the opposition and create from there but if anyone thinks Vincent or Tansey are gonna go outside of the opposition full backs they are simply delusional. Shinnie and Raven are our only current outlets in a wide area but are not playing high enough up the park to be a constant threat. And if anyone states that Doran is the answer to the lack of wide flair in the team they are talking utter nonsense as Aaron is another who is far more comfortable coming in the park than going wide.   

OK, let's try this one more time: DO NOT TRY TO SQUEEZE 5 CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS INTO THE TEAM!

Brill

Raven Warren Devine Shinnie

Tansey Draper

Watkins Christie Williams

Mckay

Esson, Tremarco, Polworth, Vincent,Evans, Doran?, Foran?

• Agree 1

Starchief - why on earth do you bother posting on this forum when all you do is be totally crass, negative and obnoxious?

Me? No way! Yer grandmother puts boiled sweets up dogs' bottoms and feeds them to children.

Like so many others you don't savour the fact that the club have again achieved a top six finish and are striving to compete with far bigger and better supported clubs than ours?

I do.  Thanks Terry.  Pity you left us and it's all going wrong, where we are likely to end up in a worse position than last year. Given that Hughes came in and we were competing for Europe, I fear now, we are competing to avoid sixth.

We all desire a hugely talented and pacey wide player but, apart from an inconsistent Dorans, we do not possess the like. Therefore we have to look to players who can create openings through the middle with good movement and clever vision.

And yet, since the new manager we've gone from a team that does win to one that doesn't.  A team that can score to one that can't.  The only difference between the two is tactics.

Christie seems to possess both but that matters little to you as long as you can have a poke at the current manager. As an ICT fan since the merger I was thrilled today to see Shinnie, Polwoth, Ross and Christie on the pitch and would go as far as to say that they were among the top performers for the team today.

Not sure why you think I'd disagree there.  For the record, I don't.

But that will no doubt be TOO POSITIVE for you and your Tansey at centre half comment sums up your approach to the attempts of the new manager to play  a more open and attractive system

I thought he was hired as he wouldn't change anything?  How about this: what were you happier with? 

(a) A rapid counter-attacking system that suited the players so much, we were a clear second with games in hand and in both cups?

(b) A system where the central defenders play a passing game they are not suited to and a congested midfield with no quick release in an attempt to be open and expansive that has seen us win one home game (a replay against Stranraer) and plummet down the table.

It's a tough one isn't it?

• Agree 1

Brill

Raven, Devine, Warren, Shinnie

Draper, Polworth

Doran, Christie, Ross

McKay

Draper & Polworth sit infront of the defence, Christie has a free role behind McKay, Ross and Doran play slightly wider and we allow Raven and Shinnie to overlap ..................Like we did earlier in the season - When we used to WIN games.

• Agree 1

I personally would give Christie and Polworth starts

You never know it might entice some more punters through the gates knowing their are local boys in the starting line up

I'd also be quite happy to give Essen some game time that way Brill could concentrate on some kicking practice and getting his confidence back

Dougal

I personally would give Christie and Polworth starts

You never know it might entice some more punters through the gates knowing their are local boys in the starting line up

I'd also be quite happy to give Essen some game time that way Brill could concentrate on some kicking practice and getting his confidence back

Dougal

I agree Dougal that Christie and Polworth should start because I felt last Saturday they had a good game and in all honesty don't merit being dropped - regardless of being local lads.

I don't agree however with dropping Dean Brill though. Ryan Esson hasn't played a game of football since the 4th of Feburary in an Under 20s match. From what I have gathered, Ryan isn't really that bothered about playing anymore and focusing on his coaching. Looking back at last Saturday after we were down to 10 men, Dean Brill made an absolute belter of a save to keep the match a draw so in all honesty, maybe a draw last Saturday was the fair result. Dropping Dean Brill wouldn't help his confidence whatsoever but for what it's worth I do share the same concern about his kicking and the current tactics aren't helping matters either.

• Agree 2

Brill needs some competition but I'm not sure whether Ryan is in a position to improve things overall.

Whilst it would probably be harsh to blame Dean for the second goal on Saturday he did wander off and got caught out of position.

Not sure if I would like to get back passes on the farce of a pitch we have at the moment. The investment last summer has not improved things.