FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Blackie's sending off at Falkirk.

Stevie

After Blackie took absolute pelters on this board for his silly behaviour at Falkirk, I'm watching Scotsport last night and I see Sir Barry Ferguson boot the ball to the heavens at the final whistle. No booking.

Correct me if I'm wrong, 'cause I'm no' a 100% about this but I think John Rankin did the same at the end of the Celtic game on Sunday. No booking.

In fact let's face it, it's pretty commonplace.

Now I know Blackie get's too many bookings but his yellow card which as we all know, was quickly followed by another, was pretty unfair, a victim of inconsistant refeereing.

I know it's easy too say, now the dust has settled, but the wee fella was also the victim of some totally over the top comments from his own fans too

Black did it once and got a yellow card, then did it a second time a few seconds later and got a second yellow. You could (perhaps) call it inconsistent application of the rules of the game (based on the fact that others have done it and not got booked) that he got his first yellow, but the second yellow was due to his own idiocy. Bottom line is that the referee was 100% correct to book him and then book him again - thats the rules.

Given the half-time score, we would probably have lost that game anyway, and if we acknowledge that he is a "competitive" player we can even sympathise with his frustration - something that all ICT fans were probably feeling at that time, both in the stadium and listening to the coverage - but he single handedly (or footedly) killed any chance we might have had of a comeback in that game.

However, slated though he was for that incident, his last couple of appearances from the bench have been marked by a noted downturn in his petulance, something that has been commented about on these boards after both the Hibs game and the Celtic game. I wouldnt want to see him lose his competitive spirit but if he can channel it in the right direction as he has in the last two games then he will get a lot less bookings and far more praise, and ultimately, accolades.

Aye I know what you're saying guys, it was really stupid of Blackie.

ICT fans though, were saying that he should never play for the club again.

Then frequently after the final whistle blows we OFTEN see players do this invariably in anger, yet they never get booked.

No wonder the wee man was raging !