ICT v Raith Rovers (H) Sat 20th July

MrCaleyjag

Wasnt at the game but really pleased Todorov got a goal. Seems to be a really hard worker and the kind of player that suits ICT. We like a player with maybe a point to prove and let's hope he's found the right club for him and he can continue to do well for us. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Winning 4.-1 is great but a pretty unconvincing performance I'm afraid.  Lot of scrappy play, missed passes and some mediocre firm from some players. We need to sharpen up big time as there are some teams that will punish us unlike Raith today.   Not much interplay between Keatings and White to talk about if 4 4 2 is going to be the setup.  

Brilliant result gives us hope in getting to the last 16. Pretty comfortable win in the end Rovers gave us a scare when they equalised but we responded really well kept our heads up & got the win we needed. 

Tom Walsh was MOTM & well deserved IMO. I was in the Raith Rovers end for the 1st half & some of the fans were slagging of his haircut when he was taking corners & saying he was crap reckon Walsh had the last laugh as he tore them apart.  

The whole team did well & did a professional job good to see White Doran Donaldson & Todorov scoring. Was a Brillant ball from Vincent to Walsh for our 3rd goal & it was a great cross from Walsh to find Doran who made no mistake as he hit the back of the net. 

• Agree 1

Of the new players, I thought Carson did very well playing out of position. Vincent started quietly but grew into the game. Keatings was taking corners and free kicks and was quite ambitious with some. Todorov is very similar to White and took his goal well. Curry did not get much time but looked lively. 

Great to see MacGregor get game time. He lifted things when he came on. 

Tremarco took a knock after a disgraceful high tackle that went unpunished, but played on so hopefully ok. Donaldson took a sore one too but seemed ok. I don’t think Doran is fully fit, but he took his goal well. 

With a long injury list already, some youngsters should get game time. I’d start MacGregor on Tuesday. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 2

Could and should have been 7or8 today but for raith hanging in and some poor finishing. Caley were able to up the tempo when required. Some good performances- Walsh again the main man- one mazy run of his going past three raith players and only a fine save stopping a really good goal.  

• Agree 2

Overall a good performance  looking more of a goal threat than last season   new  boys bedding in well  thought Carson looked good  comfortable on the ball  maybe that's his position    macgregor  did well too    todorov took his goal well as did white   think this could be a good year??

• Agree 3

We were in complete control to begin with but Raith got a foothold before half time. Raith keeper struggled with crossed balls, think he was their 3rd choice. Just a pup. Liked the look of Carson, Vincent became more influential over the game and McGregor looked very tidy. Definitely room for improvement but a good solid base. I will take a 4-1 home victory over anyone.

• Agree 1

Very much a mix of untidy play, missed opportunities and sheer brilliance, I would add Vincent to the Cat's list of standouts he worked really hard intercepting as well as pushing the forward line. Aye it could be a really good season for us if we get our side established. Well done ICT:ictscarf:

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Stirling Observer said:

We were in complete control to begin with but Raith got a foothold before half time. Raith keeper struggled with crossed balls, think he was their 3rd choice. Just a pup. Liked the look of Carson, Vincent became more influential over the game and McGregor looked very tidy. Definitely room for improvement but a good solid base. I will take a 4-1 home victory over anyone.

Definitely agree with room for improvement. However we should be encouraged that we scored 4 and could have  scored more. The Raith keeper is (was) first choice - on loan from County. What I've seen of him we definitely have the 2 best young goalkeepers in the North in MacKay and Hoban. 

Lot of glass half full stuff....  reality check is that a better team will punish us big time.  Trafford was poor, He'll get punted when Welsh is fit ( I hope )     white I'm afraid is still a donkey.  

Tremarco got caught out a few times and is surely on his last season.

Positives are there, Keatings looked sharp, Carson did ok despite being out of position.

We'll see what Tuesday night brings against Cove.

5 hours ago, caley100 said:

Winning 4.-1 is great but a pretty unconvincing performance I'm afraid.  Lot of scrappy play, missed passes and some mediocre firm from some players. We need to sharpen up big time as there are some teams that will punish us unlike Raith today.   Not much interplay between Keatings and White to talk about if 4 4 2 is going to be the setup.  

BBC were saying we lined up 3-4-3 with Tremarco, Coll, McCart, at the back and Walsh, White, Keatings up front? Mind you, it might have been Billy Dodds.

• Funny 1

28 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

BBC were saying we lined up 3-4-3 with Tremarco, Coll, McCart, at the back and Walsh, White, Keatings up front? Mind you, it might have been Billy Dodds.

Carson was playing right back. 

20 minutes ago, bigman said:

I am surprised  no mention  of Vincent I thought he was immense 

I thought he had a quiet first half, but the whole team did (even Walsh), but grew in stature in the second. 

He was getting stuck from those behind me, unfairly in my opinion. 

Vincent was mom after Walsh no doubt. Hopefully the team will gel over the coming weeks. We have a squad of very good footballers with no shortage of endeavour . Looking forward to them achieving ICT legendary status...

• Agree 2

Vincent had a very good game, some good forward passes and he worked tirelessly on the defensive part of the game. In my opinion, he is a far better player than the man he replaced,  Joe Chalmers. In his first spell with us, he started really well, but injury curtailed his progress, let's hope he can stay injury free this time, and kick on in his career.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Nah  Carson started RB    

I think for most of the match we were going up and down the gears quite well,  looking dangerous without converting in the first half - although we let Raith into the game just before half time. Raith started well in the 2nd, while we still had our feet up! They worked a good goal which kick started us into life, and the response was instant. Domination for the rest of the match, plenty  good interplay in the attacking areas with a few missed passes to be expected from the new faces. A fine late goal from Todorov making the score more respectable. 

Positive signs all round, not sure what happened at Peterhead.

Roll on Cove.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Satan said:

I think for most of the match we were going up and down the gears quite well,  looking dangerous without converting in the first half - although we let Raith into the game just before half time. Raith started well in the 2nd, while we still had our feet up! They worked a good goal which kick started us into life, and the response was instant. Domination for the rest of the match, plenty  good interplay in the attacking areas with a few missed passes to be expected from the new faces. A fine late goal from Todorov making the score more respectable. 

Positive signs all round, not sure what happened at Peterhead.

Roll on Cove.

Good summing up 

Peterhead are no mugs as they drew with Dundee too.

• Like 1

Had the misfortune of being sat in front of Saint and Greavsie (without the humour) for the game.

Two of our more elderly fans spent most of the game slagging off players for doing nothing wrong. In particular Carson got constant abuse for doing his job properly instead of ball chasing which in their mind showed he was out of his depth???

One of their best quotes was that Robo did not know what formation he was playing (???) even though it was pretty obvious and apparently we do not look like a team (???).

• Sad 1

• tm4tj changed the title to ICT v Raith Rovers (H) Sat 20th July