FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

It's all Christie's fault...

Harry Chibber

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The players have to take some of the blame and so does Charlie.

It is his job to motivate the players and change it when it is going wrong.  Charlie cannot change a game at all, and his sqaud selections and substitutions have been dubious to say the least.

We started poor, had a good 20 minutes, and were poor for the rest of the game.  Charlie has to take the blame - he is the manager.

Don't want to blame anyone. But 2 starts for Caff, 3 goals conceded each time.......

Doesn't really matter for this season, but as I have said before he ain't even worth considering as a replacement for Dods.

There were some really poor indvidual performances but it was a colletive team effort to play that pish  :008:

Fair play to Dunfermline they out played us and got a well deserved win

We now need 7 points to be safe from relegation and if we play like that again it could be brown trousers time  :007:

Some ridiculous conclusions being reached by some people here.

Caff was fine. Read the game well and defended well when he needed to.

We started okay but Dunfermline must have gotten their arses felt by their manager at half time because they came right at us and dominated the rest of the game.

The first Pars goal came from a carving run down the left and Glass fired in just in front of goal. The 2nd (IIRC) came after a bit of a scramble in the box. The 3rd was a penalty which I am not convinced about but it made no difference really. We weren't going to win that game.

Other talking points:

1) Penalty for Wilson - nope. The foul took place outside the box = free kick

2) MacManus is a knobber

3) So is De Vries

I don't blame CC or the players. Dunfermline just wanted it more and were the better team and got what they deserved.

Wasn't blaming - just curious...

I know but it's very harsh to suggest that as soon as Caff comes into the team that he is the (hypothetical) reason behind the defeat. He made some great challenges in the game.

Just thought I'd save you all the trouble of starting a new thread :004:

Why start a thread if you cant comment of the title? is this a fishing trip for IHE? :023: 

Caff was not fine, he was getting pulled all over the pitch, so was hastings what was that all about?, some organisation in defence.

also we have to remember that dunfermline still hav it all to play for. what have we got to motivate ourselves

Surely the players' have some professional pride that is worth playing for?

I just hope attendance figures don't plummet for the remaining games of the season, from the dizzy heights they reached earlier on.....  :024:

also we have to remember that dunfermline still hav it all to play for. what have we got to motivate ourselves

We aren't safe from relegation yet so I'd hope they show more fight in the next few games

Totally right with the title. His inability to change his tactics when the game was slipping away from us , doesnt fill me with much confidence.

Couldnt believe he hooked McSwegan who was having a decent game holding the ball up and linking the play, whereas

Bayne what a shocker , 9 out of ten times he jumped into the defender , thats when he wasnt being pulled up for being offside.

End of season cant come quick enough as the way things are going I'm glad the teams below us are running out of games. :008:

Well done Hairy, I know where you are coming from...............don't let the besturds grind you down.

Irony is lost on most people..........................

McSwegan was having a decent game!! Are you having a laugh!!

How about getting the ball 25 yards out unmarked, onside and with nobody between him and the keeper and standing still for 3 seconds until Barry Wilson catches up with him so he can pass and absolve himself of responsibility for any further action.

Absolute rubbish.

He does not 'hold up play' he holds up progress!

Guest CaleyJaggy

Totally right with the title. His inability to change his tactics when the game was slipping away from us , doesnt fill me with much confidence.

Couldnt believe he hooked McSwegan who was having a decent game holding the ball up and linking the play, whereas

Bayne what a shocker , 9 out of ten times he jumped into the defender , thats when he wasnt being pulled up for being offside.

End of season cant come quick enough as the way things are going I'm glad the teams below us are running out of games. :008:

You thought McSwegan had a good game???  He was gash, he had a couple of moments in the first half but that was it.  In the 2nd he was given the ball about 25 yards out with no defenders near him and what does he do.  HE STOOD FECKIN STILL THATS WHAT, Bayne did his usual thing and Dargs was showing the rust once he came on.  As for CC he made the subs that I predicted before the match and I thought that Rankin made a better impact that Duncan who, let's face it, didn't have one of his better games today.

Guest Bonzo

We were completely disorganised today.

Played like a team without a coach, a team without a leader.

I don't tire of saying it -

get Christie out.

PLEASE don't love him all the way back down to the first division.

He thinks he's doing an amazing job -

so it's up to us to tell him -  he's not.

You are right. I expect more. And I am allowed to. I support an established SPL side in a sizeable (for Scotland and our catchment area) City. I am passed being starstuck for being here and we have a better squad than we are seeing.

Fraser - A good solid keeper and kicker, not at fault at all today

Tokley - generally, every game, sound knowledgabe unphased.

Dodds- Until lately rock solid.

Caffrey - Showed some grat last minute timing today - if pulled out of position too much

Hastings - Hmmm

Black - hothead but WHAT skill

etc etc etc

We Start McSwegan and play crap.

We lack ideasa (again) and look lost.

Where is the fitness, the work rate, the style, the skill, the variety...that we used to have with the same playewrs? What has changed?

Charlie

We were completely disorganised today.

Played like a team without a coach, a team without a leader.

I don't tire of saying it -

get Christie out.

PLEASE don't love him all the way back down to the first division.

He thinks he's doing an amazing job -

so it's up to us to tell him -  he's not.

ah bonzo..........................how did i guess youd be posting on this thread

somthing tells me that when we put 3 past rangers in 2 weeks you wont be back for a while

the team had a bad game and yes mistakes were made on all accounts but i hate to tell you that despite todays result i am convinced seventh place will be ours come may and i am also convinced that itl b cc that has us there

Anyone and everyone, as paying customers, has a right to blame, critisise or whatever. I wasnt at the game so dont have that right, nor the knowledge of what went on today but I will remind everyone of just one thing. No matter who the head coach, be it Christie or anyone else, without players we wont progress. Our key players are out through injury or suspension, our replacements are either too inexperienced or just dont make the grade at this level. I just hope the shirkers are weeded out at the end of the season and a few new players of the right standard are brought in.

As for Dunfermline, they brought in a few players at the window who are now playing some good football and playing as a team. I've seen them perform, albeit on tv, lately and they have been unlucky in some games recently. It was only going to be a matter of time before they achieved some success. Sadly it came against us.

Alex,

A sound comment and I agree with your general line. The Pars looked a good side (albeit physical and unsportmanlike) and certainly not the worst side I have seen at the TCT Stadium.

However, this cannot obscure our tactical inability. Good players who performed no worse than they have all season (albeit we have had MUCH better games) who were just cluless when it came to tactics and variety.

My biggest worry ties inwith the above, I can't think of an ICT player who you could say had a bad game (excepting McSwegan - he really should be on the council park teaching his son - that's his level). Some had good games. Patelinen, Wilson, Tokely...not their best but sound; and yet we were pap.

Why? tactics and motivation that's why....who'se fault is that?