FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Free Passes

MacBandy

I'll let it go for today but if this becomes a regular feature for kids what will the club do about those of us who have forked out for season tickets for our kids? Any refund?

Like the rest of our society it smacks of penalising the responsible. In this case penalising the loyal.

tsk

mac.............................I'm not going to bother replying if you can't see the positives from this initiative, apart from scalding small people with boiling vats of caffeine, in fact, great opportunity to scald them, they were under my feet for ages.............

I don't think it had too much of an effect really to be honest but would like to have seen the initiative combined with reduced prices.

It doesn't bother me to be honest. I'd be glad if these people that did come along today because of this offer got ST of Half Season books for next season and swelled the crowd a bit more.

Quick question Joe. Have you got a kid under 16 who you have paid a season ticket for?

No i dont but its not like they give away free tickets every week. This has been the first time this season and you still save money with a season ticket. I dont mind the club letting under 16's in free now and again if it tempts them to come back or maybe get a season ticket for next season. Every one has been calling for lower prices so something like this now and then which doesnt effect the value of your season ticket can only be a good thing

I'll let it go for today but if this becomes a regular feature for kids what will the club do about those of us who have forked out for season tickets for our kids? Any refund?

Like the rest of our society it smacks of penalising the responsible. In this case penalising the loyal.

I'm sorry but get a life. what a pathetic post  :008:

The entire rant is based on a "What If" that is unlikely to happen.

Damned if they do, Damned if they don't.

At the end of the day you could afford to buy your child a season ticket and it is money in the clubs pocket to spend on improving things.  Many of the kids there on a freebie may not be so fortunate and got a free day out, do you really grudge them that?

Won't somebody think of the children?

A whole generation - their football support stultified by that one match.

Picture the scene - a nursing home, Culloden in the year 2076.

"Yes, I remember going to see them when they were in the old SPL! They got gubbed by Dunfermline, I didn't go again. Are they still running?"

I think if you work out the deal you get on a childs season ticket on a price per game, you have little to complain about. A child paying at the gate will only see a few games a season for the price of a season ticket.  The child season tickets are heavily subsidised.  If it was adults I would see your point, but give the club a bit of credit for trying something a bit different.

Do you sit in the family section, if so you'll be very aware of what a good deal you get as opposed to the normal £15 pay at the gate child/concession prices.

Guest Suspicious Mind

This is exactly the type of reponse that I expected for the club's attempt to encourage more youngsters to come along. You can bet your last pound that this is not "untypical" of the response bing expressed to the club by those of a similar nature. And they go on about Aberdonians!

We constantly bang on about the club not doing anything to encourage fans to come along and when they actually do it we bang on about how its not fair .....

Truth of the matter is, the club have always had some form of 'free child' or 'reduced entry fee' promotion towards the end of every season to try and encourage more people along and its just that ... a promotion, a marketing tool, a gimmick. Its not the whole season, its one game or maybe two towards the end of a season so deal with it ....

I accept that those who bought child season tickets at the start of the season may feel that they are justified in complaining that their child is not able to take advantage of this kind of promotion, but thats life - you see it every day in other ways .... for example "get a free phone when you sign up to this deal or that deal .... and in the small print it usually reads 'for new account activations only' " ......

A child season ticket is £130, £80, or £60 depending on which one was purchased, and assuming the lowest possible number of home games (18) that works out at £7.22, £4.44, or £3.33 per game as opposed to £20, £15, or £7 for regular 'pay at the gate' entry prices so its a pretty **** good reduction and more than makes up for letting a few kids in for free in an end of season game or two.

For those that have a child season ticket, dont forget you have also had a guaranteed seat for every league game, you have had priority for cup games and you are also entitled to discount at the club shop ....... the club don't do everything right, but I don't think we can fault them for continuing a promotion like this that has been a regular (and therefore forseeable) event come the end of the season.

Taking the middle of the three pricing structures in Scottys post, by using a free ticket a kid is accepting a subsidy of £15. On the other hand by getting a child's season ticket a kid is accepting a subsidy of £190. Or at least there parents are making savings of these amounts so there's no doubt about who isd making te biggest saving.

But in the best Meldrew fashion "I don't believe it!"

People have been banging on here for weeks about the club charging too much for tickets etc. And now when they do do something about it, people are back on again, banging on about how unfair that is.

Suggestion to Scotty - why not create a seperate "whingers forum" where folk who want to moan away about the manager, the ticket prices or whatever else can moan away to there heart's content.

Blimey, that ruffled a few feathers didn't it? I feel quite chastened and admit to agreeing with some of the later posters that I shouldn't be so uppity about an attempt to get bums on seats.  I accept that if you are going to take intiatives, get bumbs on seats and increase income you are going to need to give discounts etc.  Scottys post makes some very good points. So ...point partially taken. 

Also have to admit I was generally miffed after the game this may have intensified my position.

However, my main point was concern over how regular it was to become. To be fair people don't know if I am rolling in it or skint. They therefore don't know how much I might, or might not, have had to sacrifice to get my boy his ticket.

Also those posting replies don't indicate if they are in a similar position or not. This will affect a person perspective.

However, I can see I am in the vast minority on this one and so will conced and retire gracefully.