FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

RANGERS V ICT - matchday thread

Scotty

Great result for the boys today, especially with DD sending off early in the match, just read CC post match comments, just wish he would lay off the small club mentality abit. No matter if true or not.

Just back and as far as I'm concerned that was never a red card. We never got one decision today, I'm sure that ref's from East Kilbride and just wanted to make sure nobody put his windows in.

Boyd was 25 yards out, didn't have the ball under control, he's got no pace anyway, and he got in a tangle with Dods & Granty. Feckin robbery. Justice was done.

The best bit was the last 5 mins when we all sang 'we are the people' as the huns left in their droves. That and the 'Sebo' chants of course when he came on  :015: :015: :015: :015:

excellent result.

excellent performance by charlie christie.

do we have the best record of any team against rangers in the SPL this season? we are becoming a bit of a bogey team for them.. especially at ibrox

I take it you were wearing your ICT sunglasses at that point! Deliberate barge/block by Dods, a definite yellow but a very harsh red.

OK o wise one, I'll defer to your superior eyesight Sky dish :015:

do we have the best record of any team against rangers in the SPL this season? we are becoming a bit of a bogey team for them.. especially at ibrox

Yeah but we failed to beat them. Christie must go!

Due to visitors and other distractions I didn't hear the 2nd half.  Until 5 minutes ago I thought that a 1-0 defeat having played for most of the game with 10 men was fair.  Just checked teletext and am delighted that the boys grabbed a point.  Just need to keep it up against the wee teams.

was a great result dodds sending of was a joke there were other defenders beside him so wasnt last man what about the pen we didnt get in the 2nd half looked a good shout from my seat was great to see them all leaving with plenty of time for us to score a winner  great tactical movbe by cc on the sending off keept both strikers on 

Just home from the match and what a great day out.

Dods Red Card wasn't harsh IMO, it was feckin ludicrous.  The ref had made his mind up on what he was going to do before it even happened and had the card out before Boyd even hit the deck.  He then allowed the freekick to be taken at least 10 yards closer in than it should have been.

That aside, we weren't in the game for the first 15 minutes and even if Dods hadn't been carded it always looked like we were going to be the first to concede a goal.  The sending off may have actually done us a favour in some kind of perverse way as it sparked a bit of fight into the remaining players.

When it was announced that Markus was coming off to be replaced by Caff my initial reaction was "oh feck, here we go with the defence minded substitutions" and I honestly was of the opinion that we should have played with 3 at the back and just went for it.  Thankfully I wasn't making the decisions though and CC's call was spot on - so for that moment of doubt I hold my hands up and apologise.

We held on for the remainder of the first 45, but after the break you would never have noticed that ICT were playing with only 10 men.  The midfield chased everything and were putting in some crucial crunching tackles.  One in particular comes to mind where I'm sure Duncan must have crossed about 75% of the pitch (unnoticed) and ploughed in with an inch perfect tackle on ??? - I forget who.

Hart had a stormer of a game today, he ran at the Rangers defence time and again and really was creating problems for them.  Very difficult to choose a man of the match when hardly anyone put a foot wrong all day.  Duncan a very close second, as already mentioned his tackling was immense and he hit every one inch perfect, which is just as well as he was going in hard most of the time and a slight mis-judgement could have put us down to 9 men.  What about young Mikey Fraser......the lad looked like he'd been playing between the posts for ICT for years and this was "just another game".  Well composed for the entire duration of the game and had some fantastic saves.  Not afraid to come off his line and take the ball from the feet of oncoming strikers or pluck it out of the air either.  I had confidence that he was more than capable of filling Browns shoes but he has gone beyond that and I think he is a far more rounded and complete keeper than Brown ever was or ever will be....this lad has a very bright future.

It's unfair to single out any player for criticism, but I'm sure others will agree that Rossco wasn't entirely on form today.  Although he made some great tackles his distribution was pretty dire and I lost count of the number of times he rescued us at theback only to pass the ball back to Rangers for them to launch another attack.

75 minutes of the game gone and I take a look around Ibrox - I couldn't believe what I was seeing - streams of rangers "fans" are up and leaving!!!!  WTF is that all about?  The game was far from over and anyone could have scored in the last minutes (and we did).  I don't think I would be far wrong if I said that 60% of them had left before the final whistle and many of them were in for a feckin shock when they got back to cars or whatever to find that we had pulled the goal back.  Full credit to the fans we did speak to as we left and those we bumped into on our journey home.  Every one of them gave credit to ICT for the battling spirit of the team and the "never say die" attitude.  Many of them also acknowledged that we should have had a stone wall penalty and that Dods Red Card was harsh in the extreme.

When you see performances like today's where just about every player is on form and giving their all it eases the worries for next season.  It also sets you to thinking that any problems we may have are/will be with consistency rather than ability.

Hart had a stormer of a game today, he ran at the Rangers defence time and again and really was creating problems for them. 

Well that must be a first!!

How did the midfield line up today? Was Hart in the middle or wide right?

Where are the boo boys tonight? Clacher, Bonzo, Midge and IHE??   :015:

messenger sound system at the bongo club cheers!

brilliant result and the effort is a credit to the f#kin shirt, proud of all 10 of them.  said it in the chatroom before the game that we had pciked out best 11 (minus duncan for black) and this result proves exactly what we are capable of

ive said tihs before but dont presume anything of the "anti cc" crowd on here, we are all ict fans aswell and love that we've done the huns again, doesnt change a thing though with regards to how we feel about the managers postion.  yes there was alot of talk on here after we lost 3-1 at home to the side at the bottom of the league (lest you all forget) in our last game but that shouldnt take anything away from todays performance,, today was fuckin magic after being down a man and a goal so early

between now and the end of the season we will see what christie can do longer term..... dont misread that, i know longer term means seasons but itll show us his ability to manage and motivate the team.  we have 6 games left against our real league rivals coming up, thats where he and the current squad should be judged

awesome today though, massive thumbs up from me  :021:

Presumably the Rangers fans left early because they only have a few safe songs to sing and were getting bored.

I have to say Murray should have imposed his will on the place at the start, not now it is causing lost revenue.

That aside, in the history of ICT, this will go down as the year we had three amazing results against Rangers. Next year we will have to find a new record.

The biggest plus in that result for me is it was achieved without Dods...

A point that Charlie made quite clearly in his post match interview (see match report on front page)

Charlie always gives me a call on his mobile before he he gives any interviews..!!..  :022:

Dmacca, it's not like you..................don't fall into the trait displayed by others, make your own mind up.

"Great result for the boys today, especially with DD sending off early in the match, just read CC post match comments, just wish he would lay off the small club mentality abit. No matter if true or not"

I'm sorry, but I see nothing in the comments he made to suggest we have this 'small club' mentality. He only stated fact and expressed his pleasure at the way things worked out for ICT.

I also see no point in him taking too much credit for the Caff substitution, it was a no brainer and should have happened as soon as Dods was sent off.........................I mean, come on, it's no rocket science. The choice of Pat to forfeit his day out was maybe the area that gave him satisfaction as the rest of the huys left on the park all allegedly performed very well.

Dods may well not get the opportunity again to play for us, he should be phased out now as we look to the future, and Caff will be an assett to the squad, even if he may not always be first choice. I thought he has done well in the last three games and once the understanding develops with the rest of the defence we could go on to have another few seasons in the top league.

Great Post Caley D... you said everything I was about to say, although I thought Rossco played well, best I've seen of him for ages.

Really hard to vote for my top three as they all performed out of their skins.Mikey, Richie, Russel, Granty......

Talked to lots of Rangers fans on subway, all agreed we deserved something out of the game.

What a great day out. Can't stop smiling  :001:

Guest PaulieBee

Thought we were excellent.

The sending off in a strange way probably did us a favour in that we had to ensure that we were a very tight unit. We did well to get to half time at just 1 down and credit to the team for sticking in there when many of us i'm sure feared the worse.

Once we saw out the first 20 minutes of the second half we started to see a bit more of the ball and started to create the odd chance or two. The Wilson sub seemed to lift the whole team again and we got our reward in the end.

Thought in the midfield Duncan was excellent and Hart did very well too. Bayne and Dargs grafted for whatever they could get and hopefull the Caff/Munro partnership at the back has had a new lease of life.

A good day out...thanks ICT :001:

Would like to see Dod's sending off again, I thought it was a shoulder barge that Boyd (?) made the best/worst of, although a few of the lads saw an elbow.  As Paulibee says, in a strange way the team galvanised and possibly came away with a better result than we would have with 11 men.  I have to disagree tm4tj, although Caff might have been an obvious sub to bring on it was who was brought off that was important, I've seen many a manager/team in our position playing with just the 1 upfront and try to reduce the damage.  To be fair to CC he left Dargo on and tried to leave the game as open as possible so we could try and nick a goal.  The free kick straight after the sending off is my only complaint about yesterday, Fraser set up his wall and then stood in the middle of the goal, I'm sure it was a well hit freekick but thought that Mikey should have done better.  We had to soak up the pressure in the first half, I lost count of the number of headers Tokely made in the 6 yard box but Fraser was never really tested.  The second half we looked as though we meant business, we played a great counter attacking game, as soon as the defense got the ball there was always an option or a willing runner, you couldn't tell that we had a man less. 

Fraser :003: :003: :003: :003:

Question his positioning for the freekick but made up for it in the 2nd half with 2 important saves.

Tokely  :003: :003: :003: :003: :003:

Absolutely rock solid, he won; headers, tackles, used possesion well.  IMO it is worth considering Tokely for centre half next season, he has all the attributes and it would be a lot easier to find a good right back than a leader at the back.

Dods  :003:

Have to see a replay before I make any judgements, if it was an elbow then it was extremely stupid

Munro  :003: :003: :003: :003: :003:

Excellent, first class defensive performance

Hastings :003: :003: :003: :003:

Wasn't getting much hep from Rankin at times but defended well, his distribution was off on a couple of occasions though

Duncan :003: :003: :003: :003: :003:  :001: (6/5)

Duncan was sublime (never thought I'd say that) his cheeky freekick would have been goal of the season without a doubt and his bit of skill at our own corner flag was absolutely top drawer.  Didn't think much of the colour of his boots but they certainly did the trick.  He was everywhere and always wanted the ball, which took the pressure off the rest of the players.  By far... the best performance I have seen from any ICT player this season!!

Rankin :003: :003: :003:

Didn't really have a great game to be honest, he sharpened up in the second half but gave away possesion far too easily in the first.

Hart :003: :003: :003: :003: :003:

Needs to be given more games, he was excellent yesterday, did a power of running, with and without the ball.  Another player that gave everything for the team, showed he has plenty to offer ICT.

Paatalienen :003: :003:

Had to take one for the team, he looked a bit disappointed when he came off but was definitely the right decision from CC

Bayne :003: :003: :003: :003:

Chased and fought for everything, never really got any breaks of the ball but did his bit.

Dargo :003: :003: :003: :003: :003:

Worked his erse off and was rewarded with a strikers goal, shame he is off next season but would nice to see a few more goals from him before he leaves.

Subs

Caff  :003: :003: :003: :003: :003:

Great performance, and I'm sure he enjoyed having the captains armband.  He made a couple of cracking tackles and interceptions. 

Wilson :003: :003: :003:

Perfect sub to bring on towards the end of the match, he caused the Rangers defence plenty of problems

McSwegan :003:

On to waste some time

Great performance :025: :025: :025: :025: :025:

"the Caff substitution, it was a no brainer and should have happened as soon as Dods was sent off.........................I mean, come on, it's no rocket science. The choice of Pat to forfeit his day out was maybe the area that gave him satisfaction "

is that no what I said Hairy Chipper

HC, have you got your Hasting and your Rossco mixed up?

Rossco's was solid in his defending and positioning but was lacking in his distribution and gave the ball away far too softly on a few occasions, certainly far more than Hastings did.

Other than that I would pretty much agree with the rest of the smileyometer

Great performance, everything has been pretty much said, one point I'd like to add is to thank Judas and 'Coisty for not starting with Burke, if they did we would have had a much tougher task. It seemed everytime he got the ball during the 20 minutes he was on the park, he caused problems.