Jump to content

Inverness CT -V- Arbroath - Preview


Recommended Posts

Arbroath displayed a hunger that we just do not have. Despite being part time and having to travel North they completely outplayed us in every area of the park. We just looked like 'big time Charlies' who expected to get 3 points without having to work for them, and got exactly what we deserved, nothing. Walsh for second half display gets my reluctant MOM award.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Arbroath are up to 3rd and have the best goal difference in the division.  They are there on merit and we saw tonight the qualities that make them a very hard team to beat.  They were very well organi

Hopeless,  Inept, clueless and that was the referee! ICT were not far behind, As has been said before we have been very poor and tonight showed that we are papering over the cracks. So many poor

We got what we deserved tonight and it’s been coming as we’ve been struggling for a while now. That’s 8 points out of the last 18 which is mid table performance, so we need to cure this and fast.

Thinking about this after a nights rest....We lost Carson and removed our best ball winning midfielder to right back. We changed things and lost Sutherland who although not always the most glamourous of players always put in a huge shift and won so much ball back as well. So there's three of your best ball winners and grittiest players either not playing or out of position. 

A lot of the ambitious balls being punted aross the pitch last night were so dangerous in those conditions. We needed more movement and a shorter faster passing game which we have achieved in some games. The problem is when we play Duku the game plan seems to be to lump it up to him which was just meat and drink to Arbroath.

In the first 6 games we rode our luck ...these last few games we just havent had any.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d say first half red cards for 2 of our opponents was luck! Our failure to capitalise was to do with the team rather than misfortune.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One things that has been apparent recently is that when opponents take the lead then set out to resolutely defend (Hamilton, Raith, Arbroath) we really struggle to break them down and create chances. It’s not as if their keepers have been making great saves or we’ve missed sitters, we just don’t create enough.

Our potentially most creative players like Walsh, Doran, McGregor, have offered very little recently. Gardyne is the only one who looks a threat at the moment.

  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not great when we have 3 attacking midfielders starting the game, what was surprising was that they couldn't string more than three passes together ( to players in blue)!

  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

One things that has been apparent recently is that when opponents take the lead then set out to resolutely defend (Hamilton, Raith, Arbroath) we really struggle to break them down and create chances. It’s not as if their keepers have been making great saves or we’ve missed sitters, we just don’t create enough.

Our potentially most creative players like Walsh, Doran, McGregor, have offered very little recently. Gardyne is the only one who looks a threat at the moment.

Been apparent for weeks that the usual syspects have been poor. MCGregor very poir against Raith, Doran came on at Raith and offered nothing, same again last night. Walsh flatters to deceive  final ball very poor, creates very little  Think its time to shake it up a bit, play Gardyne and Mcdonald with Mackay, 3 players with great movement. Make the midfield solid, Welsh, Allardice, McAlear...get the fb' s forward. Playing same players every week and hoping for a result just now and it isnt working. Last night because Diku was playing it was lobg ball despite Arbroath winning every header\challenge...he is a passenger 99% of the time and he doesn't score anywhere near enough goals....touch is poor and falls over anytime someone touches him. Thistle on Saturday is a tough game but they are beatable, they are scoring goals but if we make midfield physically strong and our front line mobile then we can get at them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jed5697 said:

The fans in the North stand who were singing and attempting to create atmosphere appeared to get disbanded by stewards ?? Anyone know what that was about ? 

I couldn’t believe that. Guys are trying their hardest to build an atmosphere and they’re disbanded by OTT security. the team could have done with was some more vocal support ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Over my many years watching football, most good teams have always had, what some might call, a destroyer, some physical strength, in the midfield, we currently do not, and in my humble opinion was one of our problems last night. A few seasons ago we had Carson, who was lost to the middle of the park to fill the right back berth, then we had Allardice, who was also moved from the midfield to right back, and last night we never had control of the midfield. We had two wing men, and two centre mids, and it just wasn't enough. If we are going to win games we need to win the midfield, and we haven't done that recently.

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FrontRow said:

I couldn’t believe that. Guys are trying their hardest to build an atmosphere and they’re disbanded by OTT security. the team could have done with was some more vocal support ! 

It would be good to find out what was said and why. For example ; stop singing and showing support as the players might like it and play better. We are clamping down on supporting the team so as to encourage a dull 1-0 defeat !!!   

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

A few seasons ago we had Carson, who was lost to the middle of the park to fill the right back berth, then we had Allardice, who was also moved from the midfield to right back

This leads me on to another thing that struck me last night. What does it say about Duffy when, given the choice between playing our only recognised right back or moving a central midfielder there, we’ve again opted for the latter?

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

This leads me on to another thing that struck me last night. What does it say about Duffy when, given the choice between playing our only recognised right back or moving a central midfielder there, we’ve again opted for the latter?

It's not a vote of confidence for sure however they got beat anyway so maybe get the midfielder back in midfield. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

This leads me on to another thing that struck me last night. What does it say about Duffy when, given the choice between playing our only recognised right back or moving a central midfielder there, we’ve again opted for the latter?

He could be nursing an injury. If not, then he needs to question why he is not playing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He was injured at the start of the season so may well not be fully fit. He may be one with the “niggles” referred to by Dodds. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we all agree that our performance on Tuesday was very disappointing.

To add to a disappointing evening we saw Stewards getting upset at fans making an atmosphere in the North stand 🤷🏼‍♂️

Meanwhile in the main stand a new one way system was introduced for going to/from the servery/toilets. HT entertainment was listening to a steward bellowing at fans who were not allowed back up the stairs and instead sent back through the crowded servery out into the rain.

A shambles on and off the pitch!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That one way system has been in place all season but I’m not sure how well it has been adhered to or enforced by the stewards. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Robert said:

That one way system has been in place all season but I’m not sure how well it has been adhered to or enforced by the stewards. 

It's the first time I've not been allowed back up the stairs this season 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Having stood near the bottom of the stairs for most of HT I watched just about every fan go back up the stairs, argue with the steward and came back down (must be the first time it's been enforced). I don't really see the point of it and neither did most fans at the game.

Perhaps a few one way signs would help the stewards 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that we've partially evolved in the form of contactless payments at the kiosks, but also somewhat devolving in the fact that we still have very few Scotch pies...unless there's someone buying them out at or before kick-off...

But most of the stewards being Mini Hitlers is nothing new, wouldn't shock me if they still have temper tantrums over putting your feet on the unoccupied seat in front of you, like jeezo, I saw someone detonate a chair in the celebrations last weekend at Raith and not a single steward batted an eye...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

I see that we've partially evolved in the form of contactless payments at the kiosks, but also somewhat devolving in the fact that we still have very few Scotch pies...unless there's someone buying them out at or before kick-off...

But most of the stewards being Mini Hitlers is nothing new, wouldn't shock me if they still have temper tantrums over putting your feet on the unoccupied seat in front of you, like jeezo, I saw someone detonate a chair in the celebrations last weekend at Raith and not a single steward batted an eye...

Lets face it catering could me much better and actually could bring in increased revenue if done properly. Ours is probably the worst in league. HL clubs are better! Either club doesnt care or doesnt think that we see what other clubs do? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

 I saw someone detonate a chair in the celebrations last weekend at Raith and not a single steward batted an eye...

Home fans? Away fans? 

I trust you reported it??

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

Lets face it catering could me much better and actually could bring in increased revenue if done properly. Ours is probably the worst in league. HL clubs are better! Either club doesnt care or doesnt think that we see what other clubs do? 

I have thought that for years.

Better food and better service would lead to increased sales and higher revenue.

Surely, everyone wins.

Almost every other club does it better than us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Scotty unpinned this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. : Terms of Use : Guidelines : Privacy Policy