FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scot Gardiner

So the club have borrowed money and given security against income they don't have yet.

Was there not one of the Glasgow teams, who our CEO used to work for, that did something similar?  Anyone recall how that worked out?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, STFU said:

So the club have borrowed money and given security against income they don't have yet.

Was there not one of the Glasgow teams, who our CEO used to work for, that did something similar?  Anyone recall how that worked out?

Sounds like something our CEO would do . He doesn’t fill you with confidence with his past goings on . Digging a bigger hole every time ! Only so long 1 can get away with it all . 

The fact that Snot Gardening is gambling our club with such big risks does my nut in.

Could easily pressure the Council into an "I'll scratch your back, if you scratch mine" situation if we get the car park revamped to be a Park and Ride and they get rid of that ruddy stupid bus lane on the roundabout. Helps the council with emissons issues within the city center, gives more parking in already open spaces rather than tearing down iconic buildings à la the Drill Hall and gives us a desperately needed P&R, and on our end, it gives us a massively improved car park thats been sorely needed, a hourly/half hourly shuttle service to the stadium (so again, less emissions from local/city based fans) and a stable income even if we go down the middle on earnings, with a possible extra with a parking pass option for Season Ticket holders. All entirely with minimal risk, or do the boards of ICT and the Coonsil go hand and hand with ineptitude?

I'm aware I've brought the P&R issue up before, and been told nothing can be done because there's no access to the A9 north due to the bus lane at the roundabout. But that shouldn't become a brick wall and should only be a thorn in the side ready to be pulled out.

If Snot wants to bring fans on his side r.e. investments, he needs to start with reasonably sized, no/minimal risk investments that the Council are likely back, rather than going the whole hog with a massive investment that can either be massive for us or kill us off entirely...

Edited by Jack Waddington
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, STFU said:

There are two massive carparks in town (Rose St and Eastgate) that are rarely full, why would anyone go for a less convenient out of town parking option?

Tbf I think it would work in the summer? Motorbike parking esp is scarce 

A motorbike can park anywhere a car can park, so if there's room for cars, there's room for them.

I park at Rose St regularly and it's never full in the summer.  Only time it's full is peak shopping time at Christmas, and not even certain it was then either last year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, STFU said:

A motorbike can park anywhere a car can park, so if there's room for cars, there's room for them.

I park at Rose St regularly and it's never full in the summer.  Only time it's full is peak shopping time at Christmas, and not even certain it was then either last year.

I'd like to see you drive one of these MHs into Rise Street car park lol 

Sorry just realised predictive text changed Motorhome to motorbike lol 

Edited by old caley girl
  • Funny 2

1 minute ago, old caley girl said:

I'd like to see you drive one of these MHs into Rise Street car park lol 

You originally said motorbike.  Did you mean motorhome?  If so, there's parking for them at Torvean and a bus passes every 20mins or so going into the city centre.

3 minutes ago, STFU said:

You originally said motorbike.  Did you mean motorhome?  If so, there's parking for them at Torvean and a bus passes every 20mins or so going into the city centre.

Yes sorry I do mean MHs. My fault. 

Is there? Oh well you are probably correct then and not needed 

Was the park and ride concept not one which specifically related to the construction of the Red John Hydro scheme?  The idea being that the significant construction workforce would get bused to the site from the stadium.  The club would therefore get a steady revenue for the parking of workers cars and, possibly, various construction related equipment.

Another idea that had been floated at one time was to turn the Sports Bar into a cafe with a view to attracting workers from businesses around stadium road and NC500 traffic.  This would be linked with several car charging points.  Can't see this catching on myself.  

Can't see a traditional park and ride working either.  I live on the Black Isle and so the site would potentially be very convenient for me.  But why would I wait half an hour for a shuttle to take me into town when there is plenty of reasonably cheap parking in the city centre and regular buses which I wouldn't have to wait half an hour for and which go directly into the centre?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Was the park and ride concept not one which specifically related to the construction of the Red John Hydro scheme?  The idea being that the significant construction workforce would get bused to the site from the stadium.  The club would therefore get a steady revenue for the parking of workers cars and, possibly, various construction related equipment.

That’s correct. I’m not sure what the timescale is for work starting on the Red John scheme.

2 minutes ago, Robert said:

That’s correct. I’m not sure what the timescale is for work starting on the Red John scheme.

Was part of the planning consent that they run a park and ride for construction staff.

The new owners hope to begin construction in 2026.

• Scotty changed the title to Scot Gardiner
1 hour ago, Duke of Inverness said:

Why has the title of this topic been changed? It wasn't offensive, just an observation given our CEO's way of 'controlling' our club. I disagree with the change.

A forum member questioned why it had been allowed to remain. Some other, more insulting comments were removed from the thread at the same time.

As a reminder, criticism is absolutely fine but personal abuse is against site rules.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, STFU said:

I'd say it was more of an opinion than an act of abuse.

Or more of an observation based on evidence. 

Evidence such as banning anyone from ICT talking to Wyness Shuffle podcast crew. 

Pretty much the behaviour of a dictator I would say. Not much freedom of speech there I'd say. 

Not much freedom of speech in removing 'Dictator' from subject of topic either. 

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 2

7 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Pretty disappointed that posts removed and title changed. Haven't seen anything over the line personally 

Agreed. Maybe my other recent topic 'Most boring ICT ever' should be made diluted as well and changed to 'Most ICT ever'? 

Edited by Duke of Inverness
  • Well Said 1
  • Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

let's debate the topic rather than the moderation actions. Bottom line is that there were several posts that broke our terms of service and we removed them. Whatever your opinion of the CEO, and mine are pretty clear in my posts, it does not mean name calling and personal abuse are accepted. never has been, never will be. We did not close the topic nor ban the poster from the topic, we simply removed (hid) the posts and communicated privately with the poster. That person then complained about the thread title so I removed the 'dictator' reference as that was the easiest option. I really don't have the time or patience to try and please everyone or babysit people.  

If anyone wants to debate the moderation decisions, then drop me a PM and we can chat. Otherwise lets stay on topic please. 

• Disagree 1
  • Well Said 5

17 hours ago, STFU said:

On the topic of Scot Gardiner as per the thread title.  Does anyone else think he exhibits the behaviours of a dictator?

Certainly not liked by many a supporter . I certainly would not invest money that would benefit towards him getting  a fat wage . Maybe the club wouldn’t have been in such a precarious position by paying folk like this .  Also stops a few bums on seats for sure as many have said he’s so not good for the club . 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, caley1 said:

Certainly not liked by many a supporter . I certainly would not invest money that would benefit towards him getting  a fat wage . Maybe the club wouldn’t have been in such a precarious position by paying folk like this .  Also stops a few bums on seats for sure as many have said he’s so not good for the club . 

Agreed, although Ross Morrison was praising SG re the buttery farm (prefer my butteries warm) issue, so SG is safe sitting on his throne in his ivory tower. 

SG may have done good re that, but the way he treats the fans means he 'has hit the target, but misses the point' of our club. 

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2024 at 6:47 PM, Duke of Inverness said:

SG may have done good re that, but the way he treats the fans means he 'has hit the target, but misses the point' of our club. 

Misses the point of Our club'. A nice statement, but aren't you the one who most weeks is looking for reasons not to attend matches? Surely as it is 'our club' we should support it regardless of what executives, managers, and for that matter, players, come and go.