FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ferguson Out

13 hours ago, Hearach said:

Oh for goodness sake. Not so long ago Morton were awful and Dougie Imrie has turned it around. Give Duncan a chance. He’s only just brought 8n his own players. Well done Aaron Doran today. Maybe he should get more game time, after all its goals we need. 

Start Aaron to give us a few goals as he knows where the net is then rest him .He needs time to do what he’s good at . Well done Aaron !! Cracking goal !!

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

He did have a promising start this  season before picking up injury ( where have I heard that before? )

Might be worth a shout...but where? centrally? Not been a winger for a decade now.

• Agree 1

I think Doran would do well for us in a number 10 role.  He has shown time and again his ability to score from distance, and he and Billy have enough time together to inject a bit of much needed creativity in the final third.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

31 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

All those wild shouts for imrie need to consider we can't afford compensation and ultimately that Morton squad exceeds our quality levels so why would he have chosen to leave a club he has turned around to walk into a (smaller club) with a worse financial mess?

Imrie applied for the job.

The inevitable Ferguson witch-hunt gathers pace. This forum must be a leader in the propensity of whingers and armchair manager assassins. Has Ferguson been afforded any cash to splash or is he part of the cull to save money ? Have we ever seen such changes mid season and who is at fault there ? Do you think that Ferguson made that decision on his own or perhaps maybe the decisions were made for him ? Is Ferguson being set up as the Messiah or the fall guy - and who would do that ? Fraid the off field element of our club has become a real self preservation society - and finally (The Rock has come back to Inverness) did anyone actually think that we would beat Hibs 🤔

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 5
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, STFU said:

I think Doran would do well for us in a number 10 role.  He has shown time and again his ability to score from distance, and he and Billy have enough time together to inject a bit of much needed creativity in the final third.

I suspect my knees are in better shape. Great player and great servant. But he is past his sell by date and is the ideal 20 - 30 minutes substitute.

• Like 1
  • Well Said 2

2 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

I suspect my knees are in better shape. Great player and great servant. But he is past his sell by date and is the ideal 20 - 30 minutes substitute.

Nah.  He's our version of the 6 Million Dollar Man.  They have rebuilt him.

Not sure if he's got 90 minutes in him, but a first 45, with half time break, could still see him contributing for the first 60 mins of a game.

I'd rather have that, with a chance of us getting our nose in front, than bringing him on cold at the end when we're chasing a game.

It's got to be worth a go, as it can't get much worse than at present.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Get him on at the start and let him decide when he’s had enough .I think he’s old enough and wise enough to do that . I’m certainly not slagging off Duncan Ferguson like a lot on here I would just like Aaron to be given a bit more time to let us see what he has left in the tank .

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

Doran is class. He hasn’t played many minutes this season but he and new loanee Samuel are way ahead of anybody else in the minutes per goal stats. We need him on the pitch looking to shoot on sight and the likes of Billy and Samuel primed to pounce on the loose balls from blocks, saves etc. 

Dunc has spoken highly of the ever present Gilmour, but I think I’m right in saying he has scored just once and has no assists. For someone in his role it is not good enough. Shaw may not be playing as well as last season but he has as many goals and assists as the rest of the regular midfield put together. 

Football is about scoring more goals than your opponents. It is not about how many safe passes you can make. 

• Agree 6
  • Well Said 3

6 minutes ago, buckett said:

Joke thread . . . . surely?

Sure, it’s too early to think of Dunc getting sacked but it’s fair enough to question what we’re seeing. There was a terrific new manager bounce after an awful start with Dodds, but it’s gone very flat. 

Hopefully the team will gel a bit more and become more positive going forward as a result. To be fair, Dunc inherited a mess. As far as I’m concerned, avoiding relegation is the main target.  Assuming that is achieved then I will be looking for improvement both in terms of results and entertainment next season. If we don’t get that, then it would be time for someone else. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Right, funnily enough this is usually the sort of thread that I would start so it really tells a story that I haven't started one, I am now realising that it's not always the manager to blame for failures and sorry to bring up Rugby again but, that's exactly why I have stuck by Gregor Townsend for as long as I have, and will likely afford Duncan at least the rest of this season and perhaps even next season because even I realise that he was left a poor quality of squad that were conceding goals galore and not really scoring goals yet this manager has sorted out our defensive issues by signing good quality players like Carragher from England and also a striker that we can rely on in the shape of Alex Samuel so the key to survival this season may well be keeping Alex Samuel fit for a long period of time.  As I have said previously (I'm not sure of I've said it on this forum or on the Facebook posts with the weekly results) this summer is going to be crucial for Duncan as we are likely to be rebuilding the squad majorly no matter what league we're in so we need to back him to get it right.

In regards to Dougie Imrie, I really don't think that he was seriously in contention mainly due to the issue of compensation, I would have accepted him as manager and probably would in future too if he was ever given our job but for the moment I'm going to back Ferguson until it's clear that he has lost the dressing room which imho is a long way off!

Edited by CaleyTennis
  • Like 2
  • Thoughtful 1
  • Facepalm 1

Think it’s a bit early to get rid of Duncan, but would be good to know who drove the January changes. Could field 2 defences now, but not one competent attacking unit.

Bigger worry for me is we have half a dozen loanees who don’t care what happens to us end of season as they will return to their parent clubs irrespective the outcome, just seems a hap hazard approach IMO.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Broonerz said:

Think it’s a bit early to get rid of Duncan, 

Possibly, but they need to start the process without undue delay as it could take months to identify who might be preparedto break the news to him 

images (2).jpeg

• Funny 6

On 2/12/2024 at 11:03 PM, CaleyTennis said:

Right, funnily enough this is usually the sort of thread that I would start so it really tells a story that I haven't started one, I am now realising that it's not always the manager to blame for failures and sorry to bring up Rugby again but, that's exactly why I have stuck by Gregor Townsend for as long as I have,

Hi CT. might as well go off on a tangent here.  Don't you think GT has had the most naturally talented back line a Scottish manager has ever had, and yet achieved nothing.  Surely therefore it highlights poor coaching.  The Scottish forwards woeful attempts at powering over from a yard has been their downfall for years and years. Their lack of guile and craft is shown up every match. Its all in the coaching. Whether it's the head coach, or the forwards coach, or the attacking coach, or all of them. So, to conclude on a Caley Thistle note, maybe Scott Kellacher is actually our problem, he has always been there.     

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thoughtful 1

I am now starting to think along the same lines here though I don't think he's solely to blame due to the crap he was left but he got rid of 2 of Dudds' best players so that's on him and wtf was his plan on signing numerous defenders NONE of who are better than we had so I'm afraid that this idiot is as much to blame as his predecessor so I'll say that if he keeps us up then it's miraculous because his stint here and in England proves that he just isn't a good manager though he can scrape results out of nowhere (not that these results are any use).  

So I'm not going to say Ferguson out YET but I'm getting bloody close, the man I want out is the clown Scot Gardiner because he is single handedly ruining our club and if Ross Morrison has any sense he'd have had enough and acted just like the fans supposedly were asking at the weekend!!

What is even more annoying is that EVERYONE else we were linked with (Callum Davidson, Scott Brown and Doug Imrie) are all getting better results so that's another bit of proof of Messrs Morrison and Gardiner getting an appointment wrong and this isn't the first time!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thoughtful 1
  • Facepalm 1

Brave words calling Big Duncan an idiot !!-  Lets judge him  at end of this season - he inherited a lost dressing room/ no cash/ continuing injury lists  etc. etc.- who could change our fortunes this season without money? Agree with second paragraph though.

His business in the January transfer was bizarre and I wish one if the reporters would question him on that so we can understand why.

He has improved our points per game, but that bar wasn't very high and it may prove insufficient to keep us in the Championship.

The club feels like it's at an all time low (on and off the park), but I see no value in punting him just now.  We have been dealt our cards for the remainder of the season and we now have to hope that good fortune serves us up a few winning hands.

Aside from that, if our finances are as bad as feared, then it could all be academic.

• Agree 1
  • Thoughtful 1

I'm not calling for the managers head however the longer things go on the worse we get.

If you remove the new manager bounce where we picked up 12 points from 7 matches we've then picked up just 11 points from our next 12 which is relegation form.  Since we were able to make signings on January our point per game has been decreasing, we've come out of January with a weaker squad than the one that started the month.  The board and manager need to take the blame for that.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 2