FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ferguson Out

Shocking home stat. Just not good enough. If we drop to L1, which at this point in time seems very likely, the jobbers will be away and also big Dunc. The later isn't anywhere near proving me wrong that he is not the manager to take us forward. 

• Agree 1

I was wishing the big man well when he arrived but it’s becoming apparently clear he hasn’t a clue what he’s doing? 

Let’s be honest the marquee manager signing was a smokescreen to take the heat of a very incompetent board to give them time to try and get the battery fiasco pipe dream through. 

I actually feel sorry for Duncan coming into this mess.

Dougal

• Agree 4

33 minutes ago, buckett said:

Echoes of Fleetwood . . . 

I think he won only one game in 18 there before departing. His record here has been better, but not much. It’s definitely his team now with the amount of loanees he has brought in. Our situation is definitely on him and GB. 

• Like 1
  • Thoughtful 1

2 hours ago, RiG said:

If we get relegated with Large Duncan in charge I'd also say that could be the end of his managerial career. 

Don't think it even got off the ground.

He's got a job for life at Everton as he is a legend there. 

In this part of the world he'll be remembered as our worst manager in 30 years. 

• Disagree 2

He got the job off the back of his name and 'fame'. The type of football he seems to want us to play (thank God I missed the game yesterday) we don't have the players capable of executing. It's also utterly mind numbing to watch. We keep hearing to 'get behind the team' but FFS it's an uphill struggle as we've not won in 4 months and what we do see at home is utter dross. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 4

6 minutes ago, Fraz said:

He got the job off the back of his name and 'fame'. The type of football he seems to want us to play (thank God I missed the game yesterday) we don't have the players capable of executing. It's also utterly mind numbing to watch. We keep hearing to 'get behind the team' but FFS it's an uphill struggle as we've not won in 4 months and what we do see at home is utter dross. 

Exactly!

Attendance at football matches is a balance between loyalty to your team and the entertainment gained from the match.

Having witnessed so many tedious, unentertaining draws and defeats at home this season (fortunately giving yesterday a miss!), it's hard to build myself up to face another home game, as the lack of entertainment has now overtaken the 'loyalty' factor for me.

I'd love to "get behind the team" if it wasn't such a tedious chore.

Sadly, as things stand, there's nothing worth seeing at Caledonian Stadium, and I can think of much better ways to spend my time and money!

Hopefully I'll have recovered from my current negativity by the next home game though!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 2

5 minutes ago, Satan said:

Fleetwood!?

Thats Scott Browns managerial debut.

There's irony in there somewhere.😁

Ah yes, wrong team.

Of course I meant Forest Green!

I suppose I should edit it, but I agree there's a sort of irony there!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buckett said:

Exactly!

Attendance at football matches is a balance between loyalty to your team and the entertainment gained from the match.

Having witnessed so many tedious, unentertaining draws and defeats at home this season (fortunately giving yesterday a miss!), it's hard to build myself up to face another home game, as the lack of entertainment has now overtaken the 'loyalty' factor for me.

I'd love to "get behind the team" if it wasn't such a tedious chore.

Sadly, as things stand, there's nothing worth seeing at Caledonian Stadium, and I can think of much better ways to spend my time and money!

Hopefully I'll have recovered from my current negativity by the next home game though!

My sentiments exactly. It's sad but true, but having given matches a miss for a few months now, it is amazing how easily you find other things to do on a Saturday afternoon that you enjoy and don't spoil your weekend.  

2 hours ago, CaleyCanary said:

It’s seasons like this that make me glad I live 600 miles away and work every Saturday - thankfully the decision to go or not go is taken out of my hands.

Only 480 for me. Sad times for the club just now. 

Well I was on board with it but the Dunc experiment has been a total failure. Listening to his interview on the iPad while still in bed this morning. Mrs Mantis starts using the hairdryer. So one lot of hot air drowning out the other.

• Funny 8

I wonder if he will stay even if we finish 8th and no prospect of battery farm money ????? How can he rebuild a team (only 7or 8 under contract for next season), if there is no cash for his plans. He doesn’t seem the type to use our youth set up. 

• Thoughtful 2

1 hour ago, CaleyCiuin said:

I wonder if he will stay even if we finish 8th and no prospect of battery farm money ????? How can he rebuild a team (only 7or 8 under contract for next season), if there is no cash for his plans. He doesn’t seem the type to use our youth set up. 

I can't see him staying beyond this season even if we do stay up. He will be wanting a half decent wage and he probably won't get that at ICT

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, Gringo said:

I can't see him staying beyond this season even if we do stay up. He will be wanting a half decent wage and he probably won't get that at ICT

Can he commandeer a higher wage though?

He hasn't really proved himself as a manager. Would anyone else be willing to take a punt on him with his current dismal managerial record?

Unless he has other talents !!!

• Agree 3

I wonder what break clauses there might be in his 3 year contract? Without the battery farm, I’m not sure how we will be able to pay his wages (which I’m assuming are fairly high) regardless of which league we are in, and we might also struggle to fund the pay-off if he doesn’t stay.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Gringo said:

He's on a three year deal and there are rumours his salary is being (partly) covered by a director Niculae style.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Well Said 1
  • Thoughtful 1

7 hours ago, CaleyCiuin said:

He doesn’t seem the type to use our youth set up. 

Maybe that's not a choice open to him.

Nobody wonder why we clear out high earners and fringe players, then all the non first team players we would pay for are shipped out on loan presumably to clubs that cover their costs and we bring in guys who are from much bigger clubs with more robust finances then see they need to play every game regardless of ability?

Edited by bdu98196
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Hopefully big Dunc leaves on 4th May. Then an Ian McCall type who knows the Scottish game and can get something from nothing comes in and gets us out of League 1 and back in the Championship for the 25/26 season. 

Edited by Duke of Inverness
  • Thoughtful 1
  • Facepalm 2

14 minutes ago, Duke of Inverness said:

Hopefully big Dunc leaves on 4th May. Then an Ian McCall type who knows the Scottish game and can get something from nothing comes in and gets us out of League 1 and back in the Championship for the 25/26 season. 

Is he not on a 3 year contract