FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES

ICTBTTH

does anyone else think that we should be playing better teams instead of the teams we have played the last few seasons. i personally think we should be playing championship teams or maybe even premiership teams instead of the part timers we have played the last couple of years

We're doing a pre-season in Italy. We cant afford to also tour down south. Its early days yet but I'm sure someone from the south will be coming up and maybe play us. The whole point of pre-season games is to get the players working together as a team and building towards the season start. Its always better to play easier teams to that end than risk very competitive 'friendlies' where injury could result.

Guest Arab4Ever

its probably better for the players to play lower league teams and even highland leagues ones. good chance to bid up fitness and get a few confidence boosting wins. as well as being a lot cheaper.

friendlies confirmed against County and Inverurie so far !!! ..... no doubt Peterhead, Elgin and others will be added to that list.

• 2 weeks later...

I am reliably informed, (by teletext) that the ICT pre-season has been arranged for Italy from the 8th July to the 15th July at Montecattini, where the club went last year. This year Grazza is saying they hope to meet serie A or B opposition as opposed to the two low level games played last year.

Bit of a bummer as Elton John concert is on the 15th July.

Any takers.......................for Italy I mean?

(must be my keyboard going faulty)

I am reliably informed, (by teletext) that the ICT pre-season has been arranged for Italy from the 8th July to the 15th July at Montecattini, where the club went last year. This year Grazza is saying they hope to meet seie A or B opposition as opposed to the two low level games played last year.

Bit of a bummer as Elton John concert is on tghe 15th July.

Thinking about it .... depends on the cost.

I am reliably informed, (by teletext) that the ICT pre-season has been arranged for Italy from the 8th July to the 15th July at Montecattini, where the club went last year. This year Grazza is saying they hope to meet seie A or B opposition as opposed to the two low level games played last year.

Bit of a bummer as Elton John concert is on tghe 15th July.

Thinking about it .... depends on the cost.

Ryanair do cheap flights to Pisa, Montespaghetti aint far away, just hire a car and away ya go..we did it last time.

However if Dave drives, get him on the calm down tablets as the eyetalian drivers are a wee bit volatile.

If you recall we were supposed to be playing Fiorentina last season!!

I would have thought July 8th to 15th is way too early for any Serie A or B side to be indulging in pre season games. 

Serie A only finished last weekend and Serie B is still rumbling on.

Wouldn't mind a trip over to Toscana if there was a possibility of playing someone half decent.

Believe it when I see it....

Ryan air have at present cheap flights to Pisa airport flying out on the ninth and back on the 15th just in time for Elton John.

Flying from Prestwick total cost for return fare for two, including taxes etc and including insurance is.....£157 :010:

Ryan air have at present cheap flights to Pisa airport flying out on the ninth and back on the 15th just in time for Elton John.

Flying from Prestwick total cost for return fare for two, including taxes etc and including insurance is.....£157 :010:

Aye... need to book a wee bit earlier then  :024:

Dont forget accomodation, food, drink and whatever else needs paying for, turns out to be an expensive trip  :33: And of course not forgetting when you get to the stadium the hostile welcome from the Italian Police given our reputation on the terraces on the final day of the season :tic01:

Seriously though, surely Clachnacuddin is foreign enough sounding without having to cross europe to play teams at a standard worse than them (if last year is anything to go by)  :001: I'll believe Serie A and B teams are playing us when the opposition teams are announced.

This whole Elton John Concert idea seems to be turning in to more and more of a nightmare as time goes on.  Firstly we couldn't go for the Intertoto because it was on one of the fixture dates and now we will have no pre-season friendlies at home because the pitch needs time to recover!!!

Bah Feckin Humbug