FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT Goal of the Season

caley_donkey

What are your top 3?

Mine are:

1. John Rankin vs Rangers 27th Dec (mainly because it was a significant goal in the dying minutes of the game that ended up to be the match winner).

2. Craig Dargo vs Stirling Albion 6th Jan (his lofted chip over the keeper - I think it was his second of his two goals that game).

3. Barry Wilson vs Hibs 21st Jan (lovely chip over the keeper).

The other which I could have included was Russell Duncan's goal against Dundee United in the cup. Stunning goal.

Any others?

Mine would have to be Rankin's against Rangers....

Mainly because i was in Elgin watching it in the pub, surrounded by Rangers fans... was so sweet when that hit the back of the net. Can't believe i never got a hiding that night!! What especially made it sweet was that i had 18 stitches taken out of my head that morning, 14 days after a near fatal crash. My broken ribs also didn't get much of a rest when the ball hit the back of the net.

The night out after the game was also brilliant, despite the fact i had to hide the fact i had a ICT top on  :015:

2nd best night of my life after the Scotland v. France game  :crazy07:

Rankin v Rangers for reasons already mentioned. Cracking goal.

Then he went and did the same down at Falkirk the following week!  :015:

Wilson v Hibs in the thumping of the Green Brazil was another cracker but what about Baynes header v Celtic (or was it Aberdeen?) where he had to completely re adjust his body and get back behind to ball to header the ball into the net. That was fantastic ability!

Danny Dichio for Toronto against Kansas .... crap goal but it was the first the club ever scored ..... 384 minutes into their season (ie. 24th minute of 5th game !!!)

...... oops, wrong forum  :rotflmao:

I think the Bayne goal against Celtic in the cup has to be there somewhere.  Ok, so the finish was just a tap in but it was some move, a goal worthy of any premiership counter-attacking football team.

Collected by Tokely, passed infield to Black who skins a player and runs with it, plays it out wide to Barry who completly does the right back (Liam Miller?) then a great pass, and brilliant movement by Bayne to find space and stick a difficult opportunity into the back of the net.  Absolutly amazing.

Either that or Bayne again against Rangers in the 1-0 victory at Ibrox.  Because of what it meant.

But probably Rankins against Rangers at Xmas - only because it was just beautiful, and I was sitting right in line to where he hit it.

Collected by Tokely, passed infield to Black who skins a player and runs with it, plays it out wide to Barry who completly does the right back (Liam Miller?) then a great pass, and brilliant movement by Bayne to find space and stick a difficult opportunity into the back of the net.  Absolutly amazing.

Pretty sure the right back was Mark Wilson.

Today's final makes me a little sick, considering we were so close to beating Celtic  :029:

Rankins goal certainly the most spectacular, just edging Duncans strike against United, similar goals and both matchwinners.

For me the 'total' football which ended with Bayne scoring against Celtic was one of the best sweeping moves we had all season, starting with Tokely at right back on the edge of our own penalty box, switching swiftly to Bazza on the opposite edge of their box, smart cross and first time finish, great goal, so for me that was the best goal we scored this season that I witnessed.

Good goals by Granty and Dodsy against Celtic as well

In fact, they were all great :021: