FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

CC Contract Extension

Pele_Is_God

Read on - he isn't interested in discussing a new contract at this moment in time. Sounds very Dargoish.  He's a fan of getting players tied up on longer term deals so why isn't he rushing for the pen himself?

Just like a player (and any of us at work) he wants to get the best possible deal for himself .... as we dont know the contract details then we have no basis for knowing why he is not interested in looking at it at the moment.

Are the wages too low ? Are there stipulations in there he doesnt like ? If he signs it will he lose the often suggested possibility of a fallback position in the commercial side of things if it all went pear shaped ? or is it maybe even because he still has a year of his current contract to run and wants to concentrate on trying to sign replacements for Dargo and Dods before even looking at it. these are all scenarios that took about 30 seconds to think up, I am sure there are dozens more.

You very rarely sign a contract in business/work without first reading and considering it and in football I would say that it is even more important to take it away, read it, get someone else (agent/lawyer) to have a look at it and take time to decide on it as job security is less assured because of the goldfish bowl you are in. You could be a hero one day and a villain the next and if your contract aint right it could be your family that sees you as a villain. Its a non-story !!!!

I have always had faith in CC's ability to manage ICT (since day 1) even though I will question decisions and tactics from time to time and be frustrated after a loss. CC is ICT through and through and I have no doubt that he will sign his new contract as and when he sees fit.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

He still hasn't proved himself, so I wouldn't offer him an extention just yet. We should wait to see how we start next season THEN decide.

I am of the opinion that unless you are securing the services of a World Class manager then you should never have them on any more than a 1 year rolling contract.  Any more than that and all your looking at is having to pay higher compensation should you need to get rid.

CC is doing a fine job and I am in no hurry to see him shunted out the door, but he is also not World Class (Yet  :004:) so I'm happy enough that he has decided to delay his decision.

In all honesty it kinda smacks of a move by the boardroom to generate a "Positive" among so much negative talk with regard the (lack) of player signings and I would read very little in to either the offer or the refusal to look at it by CC.

he aint done anything special.and makes a mistake almost every game - putting rory on. brewster and robertson were far better managers.CC doesn't really have a clue in the transer market as we are seeing of late and probs over the course of the summer.think if he doesn't sign at least 1 decent player and we are having a poor season when january comes,he should leave.

Charlie is manager of ICT. He is also a fan. He has a year to go on his current contract and doesn't want to talk about extensions just yet. Charlie knows what he has to do at the club but, being a fan, he is also man enough to know that if he does well he'll still have a job and if things go dont right he will walk away and will not seek compensation.

Roscoe23, CC has kept us in the SPL for two seasons now. That is achievement in this league and if you think otherwise then your viewing the whole league through the eyes of the Glasgow twins. Ask Dundee, Dunfermline, Partick. They all went down with better managers and probably better players than we have.

I believe CC has the potential to be our best manager yet. He is learning from his mistakes and I think his PR comments have improved significantly. He is ICT through-an-through and I hope he's with us for a long time yet. Rossco23 if you think CC is so bad, who do you think would do a better job with our rescources at hand?

CC doesn't really have a clue in the transer market as we are seeing of late and probs over the course of the summer.think if he doesn't sign at least 1 decent player and we are having a poor season when january comes,he should leave.

So rankin was a poor signing.

CC has plenty of time, and I very much doubt he is sitting around twiddling his thumbs waiting for good players to walk through the door. So far we have cowie coming in, and are in talks with an english based player. We have also missed out on two signing targets who just simply did not fancy Inverness.

I, like everyone else, has had my faith in cc put to the test on more than one occasion, but I guarantee you that if theres one man in the entire world who will give 500% commitment to this club, its Charlie.

Many fans criticised CC for his sheer reluctance to accept blame and trying to apportion it to others - particularly the fans. He made some real bad tactical mistakes last season - that can be forgiven but not repeated.

Rankin will be our player of the season 2007-2008. The lad oozes class potential - a year of apprenticeship and building up his stature in pre season - I cant wait.

i say call his bluff and dont offer him an extension.  who knows maybe mcall, butcher, lambert etc may be available in 12 months

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :crazy07: :crazy07: :33: :33: :33:

for a min there I thought you were serious. a less talented trio I could not think of :crazy07:

i say call his bluff and dont offer him an extension.  who knows maybe mcall, butcher, lambert etc may be available in 12 months

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :crazy07: :crazy07: :33: :33: :33:

for a min there I thought you were serious. a less talented trio I could not think of :crazy07:

:symbol_question:

Signing players for Inverness must be the hardest job going. Not only do you have to attract them to the SPL without the yearly euro fix but also no where near the central belt either. Alot of players see Inverness as out in the wilderness and really far away from anywhere. No wonder we sign so many County Players.

So CC should be given credit where due. He deserves a bit of job security.

• 2 weeks later...