FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Bring it on home, Bring it on home

clacher_holiday2

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More like 9 months late I think. Was it not written to coincide with the opening of the new stadium?

Think Grassa should be forced to stand in front of the North Stand at half-time and belt it out. I shall be on Stadium Road selling soft fruit prior to kick-off.

and available on cassette tape so definitely an 'oldie'. I still have the cassette somewhere, shame I dont have anything that will play it (or maybe a blessing  :rotflmao:)

although we DO have a small clip available ...... [CT Song]

Football songs, of the sort sung by footballers and released as a single, are a curious blight on modern society.

They are unanimously awful, yet despite their consistent awfulness, clubs keep making them and supporters keep buying them.

Curious!

Finally a feckin petition worth signing.

One day this will be played proudly at the Longman and will be as iconic as 'Hail hail', Follow Follow, Hearts Hearts etc which are all sh1te songs but instantly recognisable as unique to their teams.

Make the feckin most of it.

Bring it on back, Bring it on Back

Charles, you'll be honoured to learn that when my best mate bought me a copy of "Against All Odds" for Christmas almost ten years ago, he transcribed the full lyrics of "Bring it on Home" onto the title page. If it comes up for auction fifty years hence, perhaps someone will think you're responsible for the song as well as the book...

Being a gadget freak I have to admit that I purchased one of those Cassette Decks that fits into one of the drive bays on your PC - I can't think why I bought it as I only own about 5 old casettes that I would ever listen too and I have the music in other formats already.  So if anyone has the cassette and can get a copy to me I will get it converted to MP3 and seek permission from the club to make it available on here.

Being a gadget freak I have to admit that I purchased one of those Cassette Decks that fits into one of the drive bays on your PC - I can't think why I bought it as I only own about 5 old casettes that I would ever listen too and I have the music in other formats already.  So if anyone has the cassette and can get a copy to me I will get it converted to MP3 and seek permission from the club to make it available on here.

if this topic turns into an appeal for a hard copy then ill be satisfied, somebody must have one kicking about

it would be sad to think that ill never hear it boomed out round the ground before a home game again, does the match announcer/dj/trained monkey have a sense of humor?

I'll second the motion to have this astonishing piece of music blared out around the TCS on matchdays. Definitely due a comeback, in my book.