FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Jobs worths

Fanoffooty

I recall a very helpful steward at Celtic Park telling fans as they came in, whilst directing us to our seats, saying that once the match kicks off that we were free to move seats to those that were unoccupied.

The guy was very helpful, and was everything one wants in a steward.

helpful stewarding at Celtc park??? :crazy07: :crazy07:

that's a first.  remember them on one occasion throwing out a 14 year old for looking at the top tier to the right of the away section where his cousin was sitting....

and then there was the time when we left last season after losing when a steward started on about us not been so super now...  another team and comments like he made could have caused a riot.  complaint made - no response.  stewards at CP are employed by the club not be crock steady...

Just telling it how I was treated.  I am sure that my brother could back me up.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he always wears a disguise,no-ones ever seen the frightingly terrifying ihe in the flesh(thank feck) :rotflmao: :015: :rotflmao: :015:

Ive seen a fair bit of his frighteningly terrifying flesh, usually without any warning  :rotflmao:

the point now is what exactly are the club going to do about all this.everyone wants a singing section in the north stand and the club need to stop playing silly buggers and sort it out. this is no way to treat the supporters, whether its targeting groups or individuals, its a feckin joke. only in inverness could we have a situation where the club are actively discouraging the generation of any sort of atmosphere  to appease a few part timers who dont want the noise to interupt radio scotlands coverage of the rangers game.only in inverness would we treat the passioniate supporters like leppers and erect a joke 'west stand' so they can go sit in the rain a sing themselves a song. the noise at the gretna game was class, suppressing it is not in anyones interest. sometimes the best thing to do is the hardest thing to do and until someone swallows their big fat ego and makes this happen then this will run and run.

There wasnt actually a premeditated "hidden agenda" - I was caught up in mind games and I over reacted and lost.  :rolleyes02:

Hopefully the incident will help to settle down the stewarding of the section and we can all get back to watching the stuff that is being produced on the pitch - well some of us anyway.

I have apologised to the club but complained about being "targetted". And in response to a diatribe far more savage than I ever meted out to Marius from the spinster Sophia. The Pied Piper got rid of the rats AND gained his revenge.

And to update the Robert Browning poem:

?When, lo, as they reached the mountain's side,

A wondrous portal opened wide,

As if a cavern was suddenly hollowed;

And the Piper advanced and the stewrads followed,

And when all were in to the very last,

The door in the mountain-side shut fast.?

:sillywave:

i've got an idea for the supporters trust.

would it be possible for the supporters trust to ask the board (especially mr savage) if it is possible for the start of next season (2008/2009) that the seinging section get a section to themselves in the north stand? (which the majority of the people in the singing section want)

if this is unable to happen could the board look at two other possibilties:

1) put a roof on th west stand and make it a stand only for th singing section?

or

2) build a new west stand (like the main stand at ross county). this means 1 half of the pitch will be used for away fans, more seating for old firm fans. also the home side of the new stand could be used as the family section. not only will the family section have new and better viewing seats but they will also be far away from the bad language of the north stand. potentially section G and section H could be used as a singing section which would mean that the large number of people that were singing on tuesday night will be a more common ocurrence.

obviously idea number 1) is a cheaper idea than idea number 2), but atleast idea number 2) has a far greater potential of helping th club economically in the future. i.e. more old firm fans coming to inverness

If you want a new west stand we have to fill up the ones we have first.

The club would love to be in this position, instead of making a mere ?250,000 the figure could swell to  ?1,000,000 easy. The existing west stand is too small, they may as well have parked a couple of buses there and taken the windows out!

I would love to see a REAL west stand, with a singing section where the stewards throw you out for being too quiet, how do you stop the quiet people getting in ?

PS the singing section are doing a great job and keep up the good work, I mean loud work wherever you have to sit.

Why do the ?singers? have to sit so closely together anyway?  A stuid question if ever I have heard one!

I can't believe that a ground with so many empty seats can end up with this problem.  Even in Section G there is plenty of empty seats.  The "family section" appears almost empty in most games with the whole red section to the east of the north stand empty.  If we have ticekts for seats then fine take the seat to kick off.  Once the game starts let people site where ever the **** they want.  If there is someone arriving late after kick off then that is their problem.

If singing is not your cup of tea, then either sit in another section or watch cricket!

Guest TinCanFan

If there is someone arriving late after kick off then that is their problem.

If it is their seat they should sit there as they have paid for it.

Guest WynessLegend

And to update the Robert Browning poem:

?When, lo, as they reached the mountain's side,

A wondrous portal opened wide,

As if a cavern was suddenly hollowed;

And the Piper advanced and the stewrads followed,

And when all were in to the very last,

The door in the mountain-side shut fast.?

:sillywave:

Suddenly I see why people like to throw you out!

Every time I read that it reminds me of the folklore that mystifies Tomnahurich - the only difference is that on that occasion it was the musician who was lured unsuspectingly into a strange and mysterious place instead of it being the other way round!!!

Guest CaleyJaggy

I recall a very helpful steward at Celtic Park telling fans as they came in, whilst directing us to our seats, saying that once the match kicks off that we were free to move seats to those that were unoccupied.

The guy was very helpful, and was everything one wants in a steward.

helpful stewarding at Celtc park??? :crazy07: :crazy07:

that's a first.   remember them on one occasion throwing out a 14 year old for looking at the top tier to the right of the away section where his cousin was sitting....

and then there was the time when we left last season after losing when a steward started on about us not been so super now...  another team and comments like he made could have caused a riot.  complaint made - no response.  stewards at CP are employed by the club not be crock steady...

Just telling it how I was treated.  I am sure that my brother could back me up.

Aye right enough.  The steward was a descent one for sure.  Bit suprised by it tbh, walked in and he basically greeted us and let us know the score.  Though I was a bit confused by all the stewards/police running out everytime Celtic scored and surrounding the away section  :017: