FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Jobs worths

Fanoffooty

They were doing my nut in today showing their "importance*

Singing section were excellent today  :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

Why was the kilted one moved ? what crime is it to lead a great atmosphere for the home support ??????????

keep it up section G & dont be put of by those numptys

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WynessLegend

I agree that the singing section were excellent - long may this continue!

From where I was I'd say the "kilted one" was moved, and later ejected, for having had far too much to drink. Fair play I'd say. He missed a cracking game and hopefully he might learn from that.

The Club are using the letter of the law (actually not the law, the SPL rules) in order to try and prove some point.  The Stewards only act on the instructions given to them by the Club and Safety Officer (Mike Smith).  It was obvious on entering the stadium today that they had been instructed to break up the group of lads who normally try and sit together and get a bit of craic and singing/chanting going.  The club can call it a Random Ticket Check if they like, but it was so random it was isolated to the back of Section G!!!! - Although I do believe that in order to redress the balance a Falkirk fan who was sitting on his own in the South Stand had his ticket checked and was moved to sit in his correct seat!!!!

One fan was ejected from the ground, and as I haven't spoken to him since I cannot confirm why, all I can do is tell what I saw.

Fans were being moved for not having the ticket for the seat they were in, the fan who was ejected stood up and offered to let one of the lads have the seat he was in and said he would move further along to sit with others he knew.  No secret to the fact that this fan has ruffled the feathers of the club in the past and him making himself known like this seemed to be all the excuse they needed to have him removed from the North Stand and sent to the Main Stand where his ticket was for.

At no time did he resist, at no time was he abusive, nor did he act in a disorderly fashion, yet by the time he had reached the barrier between North and Main stand the police had been called to intervene.  He was allowed to take a seat in the Main Stand but shortly afterwards was removed from the stadium by the police.

If it is true that he was removed for being drunk then I'd say that the police and stewards involved lead a very sheltered life if they think that is a drunk person.

The club can hide behind "The Rules" all they like, but IMO they are totally out of order in their recent handling of crowd situations...in fact, I would say that their approach is the cause of the recent situations and if they keep it up then it wouldn't surprise me if we do see a serious situation developing as a result.

Oh FFS!  :008: :008: :008:

Soon there'll be no-one left going to games, we'll all be banned for cheering on the team, or like Mee, not going anywhere near the place until they employ a decent Safety Officer who isn't a bully!

WHAT IS THE SUPPORTERS TRUST DOING ABOUT THIS?????

It seems to be the case that, unfortunately, the people on the recieving end of this treatment, really have to take a stand against the club and be a real pain in the *** and stick to it till things are changed. Believe me as I know, this method tends to have sucsess

As the police have already said they, and the stewards do not intervene if it will make crowd control more difficult.

This is why the Old Scum get off with what they do.

I feel that the only way that ICT fans will receive parity of treatment at the moment is if we are as obnoxious and intimidating as the Old Scum.

Is this what Mike Smith wants? :008:

I'm getting fascinated by this.

I've been to every away game this season but haven't been to a game at TCS for a couple of seasons. After every home game I come on here to find out how we played and inevitably the top post is not about the game but is a complaint about the stewarding.

So to my question: is it really that terrible? Is it noticably more picky and repressive than the stewarding at any other SPL ground? It certainly sounds like it - I can't remember being aware of too much heavy-handedness at other SPL grounds (except Tannadice 2 seasons ago) and I've usually had a few fair scoops before kick-off. 

I agree that the singing section were excellent - long may this continue!

From where I was I'd say the "kilted one" was moved, and later ejected, for having had far too much to drink. Fair play I'd say. He missed a cracking game and hopefully he might learn from that.

He didnt appear to be that drunk from where i was sitting ,

If the old firm chucked out everyone who had a few drinks then their stadiums would be half  empty , a few drams before the match is all part & parcel of the day &  as long as nobody gets out of hand whats the harm

he was no more drunk than many others who go to games...

when tickets were checked in the north stand he had one for the main stand and was asked to move there.  he did question why he had to move when there were empty seats.  once in the main stand he sat with friends who normally sit in the north stand but had moved to sit in the main stand.  one of these friends gave him their ticket for the north stand and he attempted to return there.

even with a ticket for the north stand the stewards refused to let him in and the police were called and he was removed from the ground.  on the way out he was told and not sure if it was by police or stewards that they had been told to remove him.

i'm sure at some point he'll be here himself to tell the tale...

the club need to get a grip and stop engaging in petty point scoring with fans. put a singing section behind the goals, move the family section if need be, anyone that doesn't want to move doesnt have to. for years players and management have moaned about the need for the fans to be more vocal yet when they try to the club start taking the ****  :018:

Suffice to say, theres more to this than meets the eye, but heavy handed stewardism was not evidnt today, unless I missed something.

The Stewarding today wasn't heavy handed, but it was very "tactical" - todays tactic being divide and conquer.

We knew ourselves what was going to happen today, the only thing he was guilty of was giving them the opportunity.  He's no saint, none of us are, but it's a sad day when the only way someone is going to be allowed to remain in the ground is if they sit silently on their hands for the entire 90 minutes, just because they have upset the powers that be in the past.

It's getting to the stage where people are feeling afraid to speak out against the club for fear of being singled out for persecution.

I've said it elsewhere.  Our fans did not become hooligans overnight, so why all of a sudden are we witnessing people being ejected at every game?  Something has changed and it's not the fans, someone somewhere within ICT is on some kind of ego/power trip and the sooner they are weeded out the better as they are doing severe and possibly irrepairable damage if it is allowed to continue.

Interesting.

I doubt the blatant advertising of where all this was going to take place (RE: the singing section in section G) helped matters in that, as has been said, the stewards were then "ordered" to concentrate their "random" search on one area.

Also, I don't know how drunk he was but I fear for one particular ICT fan I go to games with if they are actually seriously going to do anything about this in the future  :004:

I Noticed the 3 morons in yellow jackets heading up the steps to the top of section G today and wondered what was going on.

Is this what it has come to, 3 cowards racing to be first on the scene within minutes of the kick off to tactically decide who should stay and who should go on the orders of one person lacking common sense :33: :33: :33: Why dont they go the full fecking hog and have a phone vote before each match.

Mike Smith or whoever the safety officer is in charge of these tools, please resign from your position immediately  :33:

i was removed along with johndo because we had main stand tickets and not north stand tickets. the stewards weren't being heavy handed today like usual. it was fans who sit around us who seemed to be doing the complaining about sitting in there seats and too much noise. too much noise can you believe that :33:.

at half time i went back to section G and found plenty of seats too choose from. i wouldn't be too surprised if the stewards were trying to break us up instead of kicking us out because of some idiotic fans not wanting singing. thats just plain pathetic :33: go and watch tennis if you want to watch sport in silence!

also i don't know wat happened to johndo after we were told too leave, so don't ask me about why he was ejected please!

Taken from the back of my ticket titled:

Inverness Caledonian Thistle vs Rangers

Date: 04/08/2007

Under ICTFC Conditions, first bullet point.

"This ticket is only valid if presented complete and must be retained until the match has been played to a conclusion"

when tickets were checked in the north stand he had one for the main stand and was asked to move there.  he did question why he had to move when there were empty seats.  once in the main stand he sat with friends who normally sit in the north stand but had moved to sit in the main stand.  one of these friends gave him their ticket for the north stand and he attempted to return there.

Sounds like he p1ssed on his own chips there then. Or maybe he was deliberately trying to be confrontational and attention-seeking? Surely not IHE?