FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Reserves v Killie

Alex MacLeod

Well done again, our Reserves.  :021:  Banging in the goals and showing the 1st team the winning way!  That's quite a run of wins.  Hope they keep it going, as the next scheduled game is against Aberdeen, next Tuesday.

Maybe John Rankin and Alan Morgan will be considered for a 1st team place soon, even if only from the bench.

Fraser started for the reserves.

Wonder what that means

Hopefully it means getting another match under his belt in preparation for being restored to first team duties....

Also hoping Rankin, Morgan and Brewster will all be involved at Fir Park on Saturday....

Guest TinCanFan

Isn't that two penalties Deano's missed this season and I think Brewster should play himself but only for the last 20 minutes in the Gretna game.

Guest ictgirl

yeah your right, but he is still remains top goalscorer in the reserves :004:...oh and if my memory is correct i'm sure Marius missed an important penalty against Hibs! I wonder which one is more important?! :024:

As for the calls re Rankin Morgan & Brewster for Saturday...in my opinion Rankin should play as for Morgan I just don't think he is good enough and we've got no chance of seeing Brewster as he is injured.

i think Rankin should be on the bench at the very least, he offers a much more creative attacking threat than McBain and as well as being able to swing in great crosses is not afraid to ping a rasping shot now and again. Would like to see him start but cant see it

You mean you would stick with that hapless team that lined up against Aberdeen?

We were not hapless, we played well enough to take at least a point. The howlers at the back would not have been prevented by having Rankin, Morgan or Bayne in the team.

The howlers at the back would not have been prevented by having Rankin, Morgan or Bayne in the team.

Maybe not... but they might have put in some kind of an effort to at least attempt to grab an equaliser....

I watched a recording of the whole thing on Setanta this afternoon....  It was a blo0dy awful performance... The heads went right down after Tokely's og.... they badly needed inspiration from somewhere.....

I also suspect Brewster could have played if he had really wanted to.... Was he so grateful to Aberdeen for releasing him to come back here, he agreed not to play against them in this fixture..?

As insane as this sounds, I think the strongest team we've fielded this season was away to St Mirren, our problems that day were all in the dugout.  Theres even room for Morgan in there for me, if it wasnt for him we wouldnt have beaten Hearts, deserves the same chance any of them do.

Michael Fraser

Richard Hastings

Ross Tokely

Grant Munro

Stuart McCaffrey <-> swap for Phil

Russell Duncan

Ian Black

John Rankin

Don Cowie

Graham Bayne

Marius Niculae

On this site it actually has our stats from the game, had no idea we had so many chances..

St. Mirren 2 - 1 Inverness CT

6 Shots 20

3 Shots on goal 9

9 Offsides 2

4 Corner kicks 5

14 Free kicks 15

0 Penalties 0

I've just swatted that bug of yours, Libero.... it's made a right mess on my screen.... :splat02:

ha ha, i can never get the little blighter!!

As insane as this sounds, I think the strongest team we've fielded this season was away to St Mirren, our problems that day were all in the dugout.  Theres even room for Morgan in there for me, if it wasnt for him we wouldnt have beaten Hearts, deserves the same chance any of them do.

Michael Fraser

Richard Hastings

Ross Tokely

Grant Munro

Stuart McCaffrey <-> swap for Phil

Russell Duncan

Ian Black

John Rankin

Don Cowie

Graham Bayne

Marius Niculae

On this site it actually has our stats from the game, had no idea we had so many chances..

St. Mirren 2 - 1 Inverness CT

6 Shots 20

3 Shots on goal 9

9 Offsides 2

4 Corner kicks 5

14 Free kicks 15

0 Penalties 0

would love to see us revert to that line-up with one small change, wyness for bayne, i think bayne is a better option for opposition teams with a very strong aerial defence (such as the old firm)where as wyness has more technicall skill with the ball at his feet  so would be better against the likes of gretna

wyness for bayne, i think bayne is a better option for opposition teams with a very strong aerial defence

Funny that, I wouldve said the opposite!  I like Wyness alot, hes matured well, hes one failed plastic surgery op away from entering bingham territory with some of his work.  I just think we can be bloody toothless without bayne up front, he has always given us some focus when going forward.

We used to have an amazing away record that started from his defensive work so far up the field, though if he doesnt start because Wyness has earned it, then I can have no real beef about it.

Note that Proctor played at right back - thougth that he was being groomed fer the central defending slot.

Have to say that we looked extremely dodgy at the back at St Midden - not one formation has looked that solid this season - it is becoming a big big problem - and shifting it about aint helping either. Roll on the transfer window.

The central four at midden looked as good as I have seen all season - Cowie,Duncan,Black and Rankin would always be my four starters.

I wouldnt play Marius away from home and would go fer Brew,Wyness and Bayne in that order.

Taken from the Scot Prem site

St Mirren 6 5 0 1 18 7 15

Inverness CT 8 5 0 3 18 19 15

Hibernian 7 4 0 3 16 11 12

Kilmarnock 7 3 1 3 9 16 10

Aberdeen 6 2 3 1 11 8 9

Falkirk 6 3 0 3 7 11 9

Motherwell 6 2 2 2 13 9 8

Hearts 7 2 2 3 10 9 8

Rangers 5 2 1 2 12 11 7

Celtic 4 2 0 2 10 6 6

Gretna 7 1 1 5 6 18 4

Dundee United 5 1 0 4 6 11 3

Aberdeen 6 2 3 1 11 8 9

Falkirk 6 3 0 3 7 11 9

Hearts 7 2 2 3 10 9 8

Rangers 5 2 1 2 12 11 7

Celtic 4 2 0 2 10 6 6

Gretna 7 1 1 5 6 18 4

Who did we lose 10 nil too?

Aberdeen 6 2 3 1 11 8 9

Falkirk 6 3 0 3 7 11 9

Hearts 7 2 2 3 10 9 8

Rangers 5 2 1 2 12 11 7

Celtic 4 2 0 2 10 6 6

Gretna 7 1 1 5 6 18 4

Who did we lose 10 nil too?

We got beat 7-1 by Celtic, I think.

If I remember right, the 7-1 result at Celtic - ICT were leading 1-0 at half time, but then three of our players were injured including the goalkeeper, so our very young (under 19) substitutes were called into action.  Celtic then went rampant but, note, with several of their 1st team players in their reserves. 

That's been the only game when the Reserves have not had good, if not great, results.  Come on, the Reserves!!  I'll always stick up for you, boys.