FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Midfield Trio To Move On?

RiG

P & J carries another article with Rankin saying he expects to move on:

*Click 1*

However in the piece about the game from Saturday there is an interesting paragraph half way through the story.

*Click*

Changes seem an inevitability at the Caledonian Stadium with John Rankin, Richie Hart and even Ian Black, who was not on the bench on Saturday after leaving the ground when he was substituted by Brewster at half-time against Motherwell, all possibly moving on.

Given that both Black and Rankin are *proven* SPL players and are likely to be key candidates to replace aging members of our squad (Wilson, McBain etc.) it seems somewhat strange that we will readily let them leave.

Bearing in mind the well known problems ICT of attracting players to the club given its location the decision to allow good players, and ones we have fought hard to keep/sign, leave Inverness is somewhat preplexing.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true it looks like we are gearing up to build a squad for the first division. Brewster has to resign now, he has no ability and no ambition. :33:

BREWSTER GTF

It belongs here, not least because the Rankin bit is a genuine story.

What I was getting at was just that it's maybe a bit premature to criticise a decision to let go of Black and Hart when it's just speculation from a journalist filling column inches, as far as I can see.

Sounds like there could be a battle of wills going on with that trio and Brewster...

I wouldn't want to see any of them leave - but if it's ineviteable, I sincerely hope that the 65K investment in Rankin will be at least doubled, if not trebled

We could be approaching a period where Brewster will have to demonstrate just what he's made of.

If he allows those guys to leave for next to nothing, and replaces them with players of less ability, the support would never forgive him.

We could be approaching a period where Brewster will have to demonstrate just what he's made of.

If he allows those guys to leave for next to nothing, and replaces them with players of less ability, the support would never forgive him.

Why give him the chance? I say get rid of brewstard and hold on to Rankin and Black.

The 65K for Rankin would not even be matched I fear as it seems apparent that ICT want rid of him rather than being in a position where a team come in and offer either over the odds or at least what he is worth because they want him. Still think selling him on would be a big mistake as someone is going to get a bargain.

It seems clear from reading the Partick fan's Bebo entry and Caff's response that he too has decided he will move. Thats a shame because I think most ICT fans do like Caff and appreciate what he has done for us over the years. There can be (and has been) a roiling debate over whether he is good enough for the SPL or not but until or unless he got a run of games in the first team there is no-one who can say for sure. The player himself has been incredibly patient on the sidelines so I would wish him the best of luck if he decides his future is elsewhere.

The Richie Hart and Ian Black ones, I think, are paper speculation. However, that is not to say they arent true or could happen.

I think Hart will go because his contract finishes at the end of the season and a few have already speculated that he will not be offered another. Allowing his contract to lapse may be the easy way to get rid of him after the cocaine incident as there can be no 'unfair dismissal' or other such claims. He had a contract, it expired, it wasnt renewed. If thats the thinking, I can understand it but will be a little disappointed as he is a decent and committed player.

Blackie - where do you start ! This guy has the potential to be one of the best Scottish midfielders in the SPL but as with most talented players he has a bit of attitude and gets wound up from time to time. We have seen it on the pitch in previous seasons with his bookings and we have seen it a couple of times now either off the pitch or behind the scenes with the reported half-time walkout and the shirt throwing incident previously. The player himself seems to have worked hard on controlling his temper on the park and has only been booked once this season (i think - need to check). To me, that says he is at least trying. If he got pissed off at being subbed then I can also applaud him for that as it seems to show he cares about what happens in the game. I cant condone the 'walkout' and agree that some repercussions had to come from that but if the ultimate repercussion is that we let him go for being passionate about the club then it is a huge, Huge, HUGE mistake.

I said in another thread a week or two ago that it was too early to judge Brewster and that a lot of what he did in the upcoming transfer window would speak volumes about how he would shape the team ... it appears that the transfer window may indeed be a big one for ICT and if we lose Caff, Rankin, Hart, Black, & McGuire without replacing them with players of equal or better quality then that will speak volumes to me .............

Why give him the chance? I say get rid of brewstard and hold on to Rankin and Black.

My mother said pretty much the same thing on Saturday when we were informed by a "source" (ok then, it was my cousin) that not only is Rankin on the way out, but Black could be following him as well.  It would seem to be easier for all concerned if we replaced the manager, rather than all the players that he doesn't seem to get on with.

Brewster actually signed a few alright players for United.  Kalvanes looks a good find, Noel Hunt is doing well for them as is Craig Conway (when he's fit).  He also signed Lee Wilkie.

I agree with the above post - Hart and Rankin we could cope with but not Black, please!  He's the player I'd like to see us base our side around.  Brewster gve him his first start and tried to sign him for United, lets hope he's just giving him a short, sharp shock and that the wee man is back in the team for Tannadice.

Guest Arab4Ever

Quote from: Govan Jaggie on Today at 02:58:23 PM

Could our visiting Arab maybe remind me of the high calibre of player Brewster signed when he was at UTD?

The biggest thing Brew brought to Utd (in his spell as manager) was the signings he made.

Noel Hunt - Totally written off before he even kicked a ball for Utd. However has scored 18 goals for us this season and last. Excellent signing

Lee Wilkie - Another excellent signing

Christian Kalvenes - Distribution is sometimes dodgy and he has off days. Still a vital part of our team and a few notchs up from Alan Archibald.

Grant Smith - Panick buy, not good enough. Playing in Finland now I think.

Steve Robb - Looks good whenever he plays which is not very often.

Craig Conway - Inconsistent but on his day is awesome. Made a lot of assists last season. Has struggled with injuries a lot though.

Darren Dods - I know he didnt sign him but should at least get some credit for at least tapping him up.

David Proctor - I cant really remember seeing him play but I do remember him getting a lot of blame after a few big humpings in a row. Levein didnt fancy him so thats enough for me.

Brewster Signings!

Why on earth did he bring Proctor( is it prancer or dancer) back.

The boy is a lightweight. A hefty tackle and he is down. He cannot cope with strong opposition, that is why we got rid of him last time.

neksor

How's this for a scenario?

The "midfield three" have been causing low moral and disruption for a number of months that has affected the whole team under both CC and Brew. Brew was seen by the board as the man to get a grip of it. We know he is not afraid to be unpopular with the players.  Brewster has decided that the loss of skill will be more than made up for by increased team spirit and is putting his foot down.

Pure speculation and based on no intelligence but it could explain the lack of moral under CC and every time we go 1-0 nil down, not playing Rankin, Black's walkout, etc etc.

Many of us have all been saying something is wrong behind the scenes since the start of the season (See the IHE thread) perhaps this is it.

Let's face it, Brew knows how good Black is and Rankin and Hart have a good record, there has to be some reason for it. I don't buy that it is simply the manager not knowing his players, there is something political.