FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Midfield Trio To Move On?

RiG

No it wasn't.  Black's first start was against Kilmarnock in April 9th 2005.  He got booked.

Fair enough.

i herd when black got taken off last week he got changed and stormed out the stadium,thats why he has not played since then

It was in the Sun on Saturday.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

black we cant do without, as i have said he is the nucleus of the team and i agree with you he is passionate about the game, does his head in when taken off, perhaps he did the adult thing and cleared off before brew came back in and it ended in a slagging match, quite the adult i would say, but should just take the punishment on the chin, i feel his game has changed again i agree he is controlling his temper and not getting booked, personally i would like to see the old blackie back and I'll put up with the bookings. Brewster said today in the paper he's not at his best, i agree but brew,and us have been complaining about his bookings and all we have done is take the edge off his game, big mistake on our part, brew  has to keep him if not i want to know why, i help pay his wages and i helped put him back in, brew i mean i was at the supporters meeting and contacted the club by phone numerous times idiot that i am or at least i am coming to that conclusion. i also feel we should keep rankin. he does a job for us, he scores goals he hasn't the class of black but he is a grafter.

Quite.

Nobody wants The Tasmanian Devil back.

Historically Black?s behaviour has often been beyond the pale.

Recently though, he has been rightly commended for curtailing his vicious streak. However, no manager or team mate can be expected to put up with such a blatant snub as Black delivered against Motherwell.

I find it hard to believe the mentality of some players and would welcome the money / squad space that their leaving would free up.

If Blackie is allowed to leave it's an absolute disgrace :008:

To be honest, all 3 should be staying. If we want to trim the squad of midfielders get rid of Morgan, and Markus.

Blackie has been superb this season IMO, and his walking out against Motherwell, while inexcusable, was understandable.

~He was the only decent player in that first half, the rest were awful. So I'm not surprised he was raging when he got hooked.

Rather than blame Blackie for walking out, how about looking at the tactical ineptitude of the person who hooked him?

If Blackie leaves he'll have plenty of SPL clubs fighting for his signature. We've not many players who we could say that about.  We should be doing EVERYTHING possible to keep talented youngsters like Blackie here, not forcing them out of the door.

I find it hard to believe the mentality of some posters that see money being freed up when really the risk is that we're losing our best player, and one we would find it difficult to replace on the same money! Think of the money that would be freed up if we told Brewster to GTF and nominated a different supporter to pick the team and make the subs, I'm surprised you haven't suggested that Sophia  :017:

Anyway, I've been told Blackie talked back to Brewster, which lead to him leaving at half time, he didn't just storm out....

However, no manager or team mate can be expected to put up with such a blatant snub as Black delivered against Motherwell.

Blackie was snubbed or subbed even, against Motherwell....  He had been our best player throughout the first half... What was his presence on the bench or anywhere in the ground going to achieve for the rest of that afternoon?

Eschew on that, Sophia...  :001:

whatever Sophia, are you watching the same games as me how many players have been booked or sent off since blackie started to behave, they are the team mates you are talking about they are now having to do his work, as for the manager not putting up with it since he started to behave we have went downhill, we are practically at the bottom of the table, bring back the old blackie asap.

"Bring back the old Black"!

Give me a break, having failed at a higher level, he is two minutes in the door and has thus far left a trail of tantrums behind him.

Lets get it straight the bookings and sendings off don?t mark him as some sort of midfield enforcer, from this standpoint there seems to be more of a small man complex going on.

To be honest, the snarling at the referee at Grant Street in the summer sealed it for me. Made me think that he doesn?t really have the mental strength to hack it at the top level.

DavieB, how can it be both ?inexcusable? and ?understandable? at the same time?

Sorry Mee, we?ll have to disagree.

You see my premise is that we have Brewster and we will have for some time.

If we take that as a given, then he has to be allowed to manage the team as he sees fit.

Debating on the false prospectus of the club sacking the manager anytime soon falls into naval gazing territory.

Sad fact is that Black is not doing it as he should.

Hart has blown it.

Rankin may fund investment in others.

Of the three, I would persevere with the diminutive Rankin. However, I fear that he may be sacrificed for a box to box athlete.

And he has improved and progressed by how much in the 2 years?

Not as much as this poster, or I?ll venture, senior management may have expected.

What has he done to me, oh that?s easy ? He?s disappointed me.

And he has improved and progressed by how much in the 2 years?

Not as much as this poster, or I?ll venture, senior management may have expected.

What has he done to me, oh that?s easy ? He?s disappointed me.

Mmmm... a bit harsh Sophia, he has improved vastly sisnce he arrived at ICT, he gets a first team place(mostly) and deserves more, he has controlled his temper and his tackling, he was picked for a Scotland squad, and has been linked with bigger clubs, now tell me what more did you expect him to progress?

Sounds to me like a wee personal thing here....

I realy cannot believe some of the comments on here - Ian Black is destined for higher things. He was young - he was hot headed - he fecked up big style. But he now has IMHO the perfect blend - bite, passion, skill and restraint. He will always get into scrapes but that to me is a positive that needs to be harnessed. He has built up a great partnership with Duncan - and I am sorry but he has been BLUNTED by the presence of Niculae who drops too deep - into Black territory. But the bottom line is that he is a mouthpiece who is getting some star billing - Personality clashes with Brewster are power plays and get you dropped.

i think what the fans need to do is get behind the players and manager and give them full support...as for sophia's comments about ian black...absolute rubbish...he has improved and and he'll carry on doing so, that's what good players do and he's a good player with a lot of potential. 

what is it you have against this player, and who do you think at the club at the moment would be better placed in his position....?? :029:

Not happy with this news, in my opinion I can hardly see the rush of higher quality players and their agents rushing up the A9 beating down the stadium door to play for us right now.

I personally wouild prefer  Rankin, Hart and Black to stay at least until the end of the season and see where we are then. We can hardly be anywhere worse than we are right now unless of course their situation is so awful at work. Nobody wants to work where they are not wanted or valued or used in the team.

"Bring back the old Black"!

Give me a break, having failed at a higher level, he is two minutes in the door and has thus far left a trail of tantrums behind him.

Lets get it straight the bookings and sendings off don?t mark him as some sort of midfield enforcer, from this standpoint there seems to be more of a small man complex going on.

To be honest, the snarling at the referee at Grant Street in the summer sealed it for me. Made me think that he doesn?t really have the mental strength to hack it at the top level.

DavieB, how can it be both ?inexcusable? and ?understandable? at the same time?

Sorry Mee, we?ll have to disagree.

You see my premise is that we have Brewster and we will have for some time.

If we take that as a given, then he has to be allowed to manage the team as he sees fit.

Debating on the false prospectus of the club sacking the manager anytime soon falls into naval gazing territory.

Sad fact is that Black is not doing it as he should.

Hart has blown it.

Rankin may fund investment in others.

Of the three, I would persevere with the diminutive Rankin. However, I fear that he may be sacrificed for a box to box athlete.

What Black needs is a manager who can control him. There have been many skillful players who, when younger, had severe discipline problems, but turned out to be great players. Mcfadden and Duncan Ferguson spring to mind.

Guest WynessLegend

It is all speculation, but .................

Rankin has not showed the consistency necessary to be a success at this level.

Black can be hot-headed on and off the field and can give the Team problems with discipline. he is also, perhaps, a little light weight for todays game.

Hart has not yet proved himself at this level and has struggled to find any consistency.

Clubs are interested in buying Rankin and Black.

They may both command a transfer fee.

We have ample cover in midfield.

We are desperately short in defence and definitely need a decent goalkeeper.

We need to raise a little cash and reduce our wage bill to allow us to rectify this problem.

If the rumours prove to be true and Brew can pull off this switch to give our squad the required balance - then he will have done an excellent job.

Rakin has shown an awful lot more consistency than someone like Morgan. Granted you wouldn't expect to recoup a similar transfer fee for Morgan but if you are looking to trim the midfield I'd like to think it would be based on ability rather than what kind of transfer fee we could command for the players.

Birdog,  Duncan Ferguson - great !!  your having a laugh. He must have earned the most cash for appearances in the history of the game. Also one of the greatest man managers of all time couldn't handle / control him !

Trust me Blackie is very highly rated by everyone at ICT

I never said Black was not highly rated.

Having sailed on ships with predominantly scouse crews I can assure you that Everton fans at one time rated Ferguson very highly. I myself cannot comment too much on the fact as since he left Scottish football I have not taken too much interest in the man.