FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Midfield Trio To Move On?

RiG

you are right we should be keeping the young players, given blackie has heart guts, determination seems to me everything we need, he needs only to channel the aggression, however i still feel we are trying to change him, takes me back to what matt buzby said about george best don't try to change anything about him just manage him, not saying blackie is in the same league, as best but certainly the best we've got. i can cope with his bookings and temper tantrums if he  does the business for us. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

George Best, George Best!

Listen, Black is a journeyman pro who should be busting a gut to be all that he can be. He has done nothing in the game to expect to be treated differently to anybody else.

As for playing for the Scotland B team (clue: MacGarry also did when they played at Love Street) what did Black go and do?

Oh yes, he got himself sent off!

The ?best we have? doesn?t get pulled off at half time.

He should have taken the orange!

the manager obviously has issues with these players before he is letting them leave. these 3 are very good players . i think brewster has lost the plot and shouldnt be letting his personal feelings get in the way. he needs to be doing what is right for the team either that or we will be playing 1st division football next year. all i can say is thank god for gretna at the moment.  :003:

I wouldn't say blackie is the best we've got but he certainly is up there, to let him go would be a mistake as he is a big part of the team. 

one thing i don't understand is, what's the big deal about blackie having passion..the midfield area of the park is a battle...aggression is one of the main attributes to winning that battle and blackie has that to his game and i personally welcome any player to the club that has that bite and grit in their game.  getting booked and sent off is part of the game.

Hart has blown it.

ouch

I dont for one minute believe that Richie has blown anything. He was a favourite with Brew before and will be again. Another excellent performance in the reserves yesterday. He's working his socks of just now and will be back in first team.

More to the point is who comes in to replace Caff. We have plenty in midfield but no extra fat in defence.

In the Courier, Brew says that Blackie has a future at ICT, but he must have the discipline required. If all the players went home in the huff when they got subbed, we would be in a bad way.  That isn't being a team player.  I like Blackie a lot and hope he stays, but it would seem it's up to him.  If he behaves and stops huffing and giving silly interviews to the press, then he could be here for the long term.

It's no secret that he would like to move onto bigger and better things and he has a great shop window at ICT, so hopefully he'll calm down and do his talking on the park.  :003:

Hart has blown it.

ouch

I dont for one minute believe that Richie has blown anything.

He may or may not have blown anything but I think the DUFC supporter who can't use google to find his way to his own team's board is making reference to the fact that the slang name for cocaine is Blow.

i think everyone agree's that if it is hart,rankin and black that are going.then it shouldn't be them.

hart is understandable.

rankin is not.

neither is black.

why not get rid of our 2 worst midfielders - duncan and morgan and then hart aswell.

but selling rankin and black is so so so stupid.they are by far in the top 3 of our best mid players.them and cowie.if we started them 3 every week then we would be better.

brewster can't go selling every player that speaks 2 the media or complains of not getting a game.

i reckon brewster should go  = ******!

what did he say????  :018: :018: :018: :018:

I think it was posted elsewhere on this forum but in a nutshell:

He said after he was subbed he got changed and left the ground. He was unhappy that even though he was told he wasn't the worst player he was getting subbed. He felt that was unfair. He was also unhappy about getting fined for doing this given that players who were sent off hadn't been as harsly treated. I think at this stage the Tokely fine was still to be sorted out.

That seems be the the jist of it.