FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Scottish Cup

chris123

Before the season began I had a very vivid dream of ICT winning the Scottish Cup. The trouble is that the dream involved us beating Hibs 3-2 in the final ! I'm hoping now that by uncoscious self somehow managed to mistake Easter Road for Hampden.

I have loads of special memories from the SFA Cup. From my first ever game watching Caledonian take Airdrieonians to a replay to the 1-3 wins at Celtic and Hearts. The Cup will always be special even now we are 'the big'. There will be loads of upsets in the coming years and feel sure we will win it one day. I can't wait for that.

The cup's still special. As Yngwie says we had a great day out at Stirling. The year before we had a trip to Ayr before being gash for 2 legs and going out to these P*rt*ck barstewards.

This season I've tried to get a look at the early rounds.

Saw Vale of Leithen put out Gala back in September (but missed ICT beating Falkirk 4-2).

Next week I saw Clach surrender in a pretty poor replay at Edinburgh City.

Missed round 2 as we had a 'six pointer' at Gretna.

Round 3- saw Linlithgow beat Dalbeattie in front of a healthy crowd.

Round 4- let's hope we can get past Hibs and get another nice trip......  :drinking08:

2 disappointing things for me:

1) The manner in which we have limped out of both Cups this season

2) The way our good Cup record seems to have disintegrated over the last few seasons

Hopefully we can get somewhere next season  :003: