FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Champions League Final

Kingsmills

Who do you want to win in Moscow this week ?  

78 members have voted

1. 1.

• Chelsea
    • Manchester United
    • Don't Care

What disgusted me was Peter Kenyon leading Chelsea up to collect losers medals as Flag Flyer - what the feck was that all about.

Disgrace, absolutely disgusting.  :33:

Along with most of Cairo, I was cheering on Man U.  I don't support them but hate Chelsea for their arrogance and dull play.  I also like Man U's attacking style.  When they eventually (if it happens) fall, it'll be like Liverpool of the 70's/80s.  Everyone wanted them to lose but then when Arsenal, with the long ball, stepped up, it was only then people realised just how entertaining that 'Pool side was (and I support Everton!).

Surprised Giggsy didn't take one of the 5 penalties - he was never going to miss.  Just knew Anelka would though.

I love this Chelsea and dull football stuff. When the two met at Standford Bridge in the league one team passed the ball about and tore the other team to shreds with their attacking play. Who was it? I'll give you a clue. They were playing in blue. Even last night they weren't overly dull. It's too easy an accusation to level at them.

As for last night it was clever of Ferguson to shift Ronaldo onto the opposite flank he usually plays on. Ashley "Projectile Vomit" Cole normally has Ronaldo in his back pocket when the two face off. Sticking him up against Essien, wonderful midfielder - average right back, allowed Ronaldo to be as creative as he would normally be and he caused real problems in the first half. United should have been at least 3 up before half time.

Chelsea got that bit of luck and really went at Man Utd but for all the shots they had (24) only a fraction hit the target and VdS was never overly tested. United were much quieter in the 2nd half. The Drogba incident was ridiculous and well spotted by the linesman (I think). To run as far as he did to get involved as shocking and he cost Chelsea a pretty reliable penalty taker in getting sent off. Whatever advantage Chelsea might have had over United going into penalties swung back the other way with that red.

Anelkas kick was overly bad but VdS guessed early and pulled off a good save. The ball was at a nice height for him. Ronaldos kick prior to all of this was woeful. His stop - start technique was going to come undone someday and what a stage for it to fall apart.

Agree with all of that RiG.  1st half was all about the United midfield, Carrick and Scholes bossed the midfield and made things happen.  Rooney's absolutely fantastic 60/70 yard ball to Ronaldo for me was the move of the game.  2nd Half and it's pretty aparent Avram has told Lampard and Ballack to hassle and pressurise Scholes and Carrick a lot more.  If it were me in charge of United, I'd have changed to the 4-5-1 as soon as Ronaldo scored, then around 65/70mins taken Hargreaves off and put Anderson on.