FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Niculae...

Reliably_Informed

Does seem a little vague, but I think the Waving Smiley answers your question.

If this is true then they'd be as well hanging a "going cheap" sign around his neck if we are to believe reports in the press today that the club have had no offers.

The whole thing just gets more bizarre by the minute.

R_I doesn't actually state who made the decision, player or club. Perhaps he was offered an extension, turned it down leaving the club with little option but to cash in while they can.

Despite Niculae's diplomacy and tact, it is unimaginable that a striker playing for the 12th ranked country in the world settle for playing on a modest salary for a small provincial club in one of Europe's diddy leagues.

As i understand it, and as I have posted before, the player was (is?) happy to stay at the club and the pushing is coming from a single direction.

Is this another of those 'overheard in the pub at five whilst eavesdropping' rumours?

I havent been in the pub since I came back from Cuba and information passed to me this evening suggests otherwise.

Guest stevico64

not meaning to speculate but since Laszlo is Romanian do you think he will be familiar with Niculae????

Although Laszlo was born in Romania he is not a well known figure over there, he parents were Hungarian and better known there that Romania. As far as I know he left Romania when he was 20

I get the feeling there may well be a few more twists and turns to this story yet. Unfortunately, a U-turn doesnt appear to be one of the possibilities.

I really really want Marius to stay but can't see it happening.

Although he usually does acknowledge Section G singing his name by giving a little clap at the start, yesterday he turned around and clapped the whole way through his song. We gave him a ICT scarf after the game yesterday too. Was pretty emotional  :019:

I really really want Marius to stay but can't see it happening.

Although he usually does acknowledge Section G singing his name by giving a little clap at the start, yesterday he turned around and clapped the whole way through his song. We gave him a ICT scarf after the game yesterday too. Was pretty emotional  :019:

I think you've got the same opinion as most fans

I'd love to see Niculae playing at the club next season because I don't think we've seen the best of him yet.  If Brew get's the finger out and buys a pacey striker to play along side him then it would give him more space to do his ting.  I just know that if we don't sell him we're going to miss out on a feck load of money and even if he did sign an extension to his contract I doubt we will receive offers of the same magnitude next year. 

If the board receives an offer > ?700k they have to sell him IMO but anything less and I'm sure there will be plenty of posters on here that will question the decision

If an offer of ?500k comes in he is off.  Again can't reveal who my source is,  but the money men at the club will be devestated if he stays.

On a positive note when he does go,  I believe we are going to be looking to get 3 or 4 players in.  Don't know who though.  I'm led to believe that dundee utd accepted an offer for Dods but he doesn't want to come back.

Galatasaray were the unamed Turkish team that had a bid turned down....so i've heard.

Would'nt mind seeing him in England as QPR and Watford have all shown intrest.

I'm led to believe that dundee utd accepted an offer for Dods but he doesn't want to come back.

:010:

If true, then I find it somewhat reassuring that Brew realises that our central defence is inadequate.

We were offering him to Coventry last week as far as i'm aware!

At least Gringo will still be able to admire him - maybe even offer him a room on the cheap?  :blah01:

Some of the "rumours" appearing on this thread are quite funny.

e.g.  The club have stated a desire to reduce the size of the squad and the wage bill and we have people talking about them looking to bring in 3 or 4 players if Marius goes.  First off, that would increase the squad size, and secondly, unless we were signing YTS players then the wage bill would increase.

Anyway, with Grassa on his (second) summer holiday, I don't expect to see any further developments before his return.