FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

For a few dollars more....

Guest couchpotato

Good to see these other clubs refusing to roll over.....I think that the feelings among the non-of support are such that it could be a PR nightmare for any club refusing to follow suit now.

Yup. I was going to say something similar but thought you had already said it earlier in the thread so left it out. I would be furious if ICT let Rangers charge them thousands of pounds per season for providing this service.

I'm sure the online ticketing service can be left to take charge of dealing with the Orcs and Trolls from Glasgow when they come calling. Wel will have all their information on a database so troublemakers can be easily identified and banned from our ground.

Guest birdog

Why do the club not just put the tickets to ticketmaster or a similar selling agent? As far as I am aware the club would keep the full price of the ticket and the old squirm fans would be hit by a booking fee in the region of ?5 per ticket plus postage costs,  I am sure the OF supporters would be up in arms about this making them attack their own clubs policy and the other clubs losing nothing out of the deal.

Not sure if thier allowed to do that birdog.

Selling the away tickets themselves should, I would have thought, be more benificial to clubs in that it allows them to build a database of fans and gives better control over who's buying tickets.

Guest birdog

I am sure that I saw posts either here or on P&B with links showing Hearts selling their tickets via an online ticket agency, they were for the home end and the thread was about OF supporters in the wrong sections. I don't think that it would matter which end the tickets are sold through such an agency and it would certainly annoy the crap out of travelling OF supporters to have to pay an extra 20% on top of their tickets as a booking fee.

I do understand the thoughts about building a database of fans but surely this info would also be made available from the ticketing agency to the club.

EDIT An example clicky

Guest DRAGAN

our friends at rangers deserve the 5%. remember caley were the rangers of the north so we should show a bit of loyalty

our friends at rangers deserve the 5%. remember caley were the rangers of the north so we should show a bit of loyalty

Hahahahaha, nice first post :rotflmao:

Well done Falkirk for standing up to them and boooo to DUFC for caving in.

The fact that big towns and cities in Scotland have Celtic shops and JJB's selling Rangers gear in their town centres that sell enough to make a profit on it means we can shift the tickets ourselves nae bother so that's exactly what we should do.

FTOF!

Edited by TheresNoEsInBlack