FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

depressing journal

givmeaccccc

Sorry this post is a day or two late but I feel still worth posting.

Did anyone see the coverage given to ICT in Thursday's P & J? That's correct you didn't see anything because there wasn't any!

Time and time again we get lots of Aberdeen news but nothing from the Caledonian Stadium. I recently rang the sports editor and he said that this was because the Dons hold daily press events whilst we only have one a week held on a Tuesday!

So who is to blame, the club or the P & J for not extracting some info? In any case I am considering changing my paper after many years, any ideas as to which gives the best unbiased ICT coverage. Please don't suggest the Daily Rangers though.

Sorry this post is a day or two late but I feel still worth posting.

Did anyone see the coverage given to ICT in Thursday's P & J? That's correct you didn't see anything because there wasn't any!

Time and time again we get lots of Aberdeen news but nothing from the Caledonian Stadium. I recently rang the sports editor and he said that this was because the Dons hold daily press events whilst we only have one a week held on a Tuesday!

So who is to blame, the club or the P & J for not extracting some info? In any case I am considering changing my paper after many years, any ideas as to which gives the best unbiased ICT coverage. Please don't suggest the Daily Rangers though.

The P & J is an Aberdeen based paper , so what do you expect ? .

Afraid i dont know of any rag with unbiased ICT coverage , you're probably just as well to stick with our local Courier / Highland News or just check whats happening on ICT web site

Twenty years ago the P&J had a superb group of journalists based in Inverness - committed, knowledgeable first rate hacks. Then came the disastrous strike and the team was broken up and dispersed to various other local papers. The P&J has never really recovered since then. It has the pretence of being a Highland paper but let's be honest it's main resources are concentrated on Aberdeen and the Buchan coast. Far better sticking the the Courier, the club website and the forum for news of the club.

yeh i agree now. anyone buying yesterday's, match day, p & j would have already read every word of the back page article previously written on friday in the courier. i know these reporters all attend the same press conferences but that's hardly cutting edge journalism and worse still not worth the money.