FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Free kick hits the post.........3 times

Yngwie

Nae luck for Sunderland, and for Kieran Richardson in particular, v Fulham on Saturday,

With the keeper beaten, his free kick hit the inside of the post, bounced on the line, hit the opposte post, bounced back along the line, hit the keeper and then hit the post for the 3rd time. Can't say I've seen that before.

Just to compound his bad luck, he hit a cracking free kick into the net later on, only for the ref to rule it out due to some alleged pushing in the wall. Match of the Day showed what actually happened : Sunderland had sent Chimbonda into the Fulham wall, which unsettled them a bit, so Jimmy Bullard reaches across and strokes Chimbonda's c**k, and then does it again just as the free kick is about to be taken!

Can't say I've seen that before either.

Did anyone see Stokes second pen' against Spurs yesterday? The pen' hit the goalies left hand post, ran across the line to hit the other post and rebounded back to the penalty taker who then hit the bar. Amazing bad luck.

Tough game the Stoke one. Eleven minutes of injury time after some nasty clashes.

The Stoke keeper knocked his own player, Vedran Corluka out, about two minutes after kneeing him in the ribs. Next cross comes in and he knees him smack on the jaw, knocking him out cold for seven minutes.

Same game that Alan Hutton has offered an apology to Thomas Sorensen after the Stoke keeper needed stitches in his eye socket following a challenge from the Spurs defender.

I thought Hutton was late and needlessly left his studs up and could easily have been red carded.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/7685266.stm

Nae luck for Sunderland, and for Kieran Richardson in particular, v Fulham on Saturday,

With the keeper beaten, his free kick hit the inside of the post, bounced on the line, hit the opposte post, bounced back along the line, hit the keeper and then hit the post for the 3rd time. Can't say I've seen that before.

Just to compound his bad luck, he hit a cracking free kick into the net later on, only for the ref to rule it out due to some alleged pushing in the wall. Match of the Day showed what actually happened : Sunderland had sent Chimbonda into the Fulham wall, which unsettled them a bit, so Jimmy Bullard reaches across and strokes Chimbonda's c**k, and then does it again just as the free kick is about to be taken!

Can't say I've seen that before either.

Vinnie Jones was a master at grabbing his oppo by the short and curlies

I thought Hutton was late and needlessly left his studs up and could easily have been red carded.

I don't think he left his studs up but when you see the blood coming from Sorensens left side and then watch the replays you can see Hutton knocks him on the right had side of Sorensens head. It is Sorensens own defender who clatters into him and knocks him where the blood ends up coming from.

Thanks for pointing out my error. It was indeedy the Spurs keeper who felled his fellow team mate.

I was rushing to get to work and made the schoolboy error.

Hutton, although not maliciously, did nick Sorenson on the way past as he slid in late, and a defender also clattered the back of his own keepers head at the same time. However, it would appear the it was Hutton's studs that almost delivered permanent damage to the keepers eye. No need to make the challenge at all in my opinion, as he was well late. Probably worth a red card.

And does that Delap fellow throw the ball a ferkin long way.

No chance did the defender cause the cut to Sorensons head as he hit the keeper in the back of the head plus Hutton came out and apologised for doing it! Hutton has form for cowardly assaults on players,over-rated thug IMHO.

So you're saying there is absolutely no chance that a similar knock from his own player at the spot where the blood is seen to be coming from could have resulted in this injury or at least contributed to it? Hutton must have some knee set up to be able to impact on Sorensens head when he clattered it from the other side!

Have you actually seen the incident RiG?

Erm, yes. Did you not read my post earlier in the thread?

I don't think he left his studs up but when you see the blood coming from Sorensens left side and then watch the replays you can see Hutton knocks him on the right had side of Sorensens head. It is Sorensens own defender who clatters into him and knocks him where the blood ends up coming from.

That's how I saw it from MOTD2 replays. I'm not denying that Hutton collided with him but I don't believe that he is solely responsible.

Edited by RiG

I was at the match and i have to say i don't know how Sunderland didn't win. I had a great view of that free-kick and i have to admit it was very amusing as all Fulham fans thought it was going to roll in and they all jeered Richardson ironically. His secind free kick was even better and it took some Sunderland fans a wee while to notice it was disallowed.

Cisse hit the bar as well towards the end...i have to admit Sunderland look alot more organised and experienced now that they have strengthened there squad so sufficently. Only player that looked remotely good for Fulham was Jimmy Bullard but he was given a bit of a rocky reception as locals say he is set to quit Fulham.