FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Best wishes to BARRY WILSON

12th Man

Others have come and gone while you've been with ICT and you've always been right up there amongst our very best players - and a firm fans' favourite.

Best wishes for whatever you do next, and thanks for the good times.

Hope to see you back at ICT again...

Edited by Badly_Drawn

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously felt like crying when i heard he was being punted out in January.

An ICT legend that will never be forgotten, top class.

I will never forget his goal against Dunfermline when we came back up here.

Hundreds of class moments going back to div 3. Remember the Saw Doctors in Stornoway in July 97 when Wayne Addicoat was pished and I gave youse a lift. Great banter with your maw and paw at the games and thanks for all the comps.

I'll no even charge you for the photo on your Bebo site. Cheers Barry, you're a legend.

thanks for the memories barry,over the years we have had a few wasters,but you always gave 110%,hopefully you,ll be back in some coaching/managerial capacity,i only hope you dont sign for someone,then days later brews gets the boot,and would be sad if you couldnt come back

Without wanting to pay lip service to Barry(should he read this) a simple fact is that some players/managers go and are

soon forgotten whilst some go and are never forgotten,

I think this man will be remembered for along time by the fans of ICT a great pro and someone I wish Id have watched

play more, someone who on the occasions my kids caught up with him always had the patience/time for a chat and

signature.

Good luck in where ever you find yourself next Baz.

We will all miss you, Barry, on a personal and a footballing level. You are a true ICT legend as opposed to a leg end (the upper end). I recently suggested to your old man that the replacement management team should be Wilson and Wilson with him as manager and you as assistant/coach. He said, 'No way. Should be other way round as there was no way he wanted to take the weekly flak from us fans.' Lol

Hope to see you back with us - sooner rather than later.

Best wishes.

Wilson 7 - Legend

Its a very sad day now that my all time favourite Caley player is to leave us shortly.

Barry you still have alot to offer the club and US the FANS know it - you are a major part of where the club is today.

Im gutted and it will be a tragedy the day you walk out of the Caledonian Stadium with your boots. However you can hold you head high and know that the majority of the hardcore fans are behind you and hold you close in our hearts.

Wilson 7 - Will NEVER be forgotten

:D :P :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) :lol: :015:

Is he leaving? Oh well - I've been away so I didn't know that.

Probably one of the ICT "greats" - great vision, some wonderful runs down the wing and I believe very popular with other team members. Some great goals too - I especially remember that cracker against Dunfermline in our first true "home" spl game.

And always, always 100% loyal to the club . . . . hang on - did he no' desert us for the hated Livingston scum because the money was better, and scored that penalty against us which sealed their promotion at OUR stadium, consigning us to another year in the spl. Oh the humiliation!

Still, like Brewster he came back and all was forgiven . . . . . :rotflmao:

Quote: "consigning us to another year in the spl. Oh the humiliation!" from my previous post.

Of course I meant another year in the FIRST DIVISION, although now that I think about it, we were nowhere near promotion that year anyway. My mistake.

(Admin - Can "stickys" no' be editted? Or am I doing it wrong?)

Guest ancientsaint

Well done Barry, great club servant, get yer old man to give Jocky a call,i'm sure you could do a wee job for us at Dens :rotflmao:

Aye DEE he could bye your club and still have change for a decent lifestyle........think he is heading to Q o South.

Well done Barry, great club servant, get yer old man to give Jocky a call,i'm sure you could do a wee job for us at Dens :rotflmao:

Aye DEE he could bye your club and still have change for a decent lifestyle........think he is heading to Q o South.

Barry didn't particularly enjoy the commute from Inverness to Perth. I cant see him travelling to Dumfries. And his family are well settled so dont think he'll uproot for a few months.