FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New January signings

rinomac

Enough Brewster bashing, let's talk about the team for a change. Transfer window is coming up and I think we are desperately in need of an experienced forward, and I would also like to see a new centre back as I'm not the biggest fan of Phil Mcguire. As for the forward situation, if Brewster is going to play Barrowman, then there is no point in putting him up there on his own, he needs someone to play with.

What does everyone else think we need?

Personally, I'm gutted we let Graham Bayne go, without getting in a forward with SPL experience. He always ran himself into the ground and won his fair share of headers. Maybe wasn't the most prolific of scorers, but he always worked for the team.

Enough Brewster bashing, let's talk about the team for a change. Transfer window is coming up and I think we are desperately in need of an experienced forward, and I would also like to see a new centre back as I'm not the biggest fan of Phil Mcguire. As for the forward situation, if Brewster is going to play Barrowman, then there is no point in putting him up there on his own, he needs someone to play with.

What does everyone else think we need?

Personally, I'm gutted we let Graham Bayne go, without getting in a forward with SPL experience. He always ran himself into the ground and won his fair share of headers. Maybe wasn't the most prolific of scorers, but he always worked for the team.

DOH - Brewster bought McGuire and Barrowman and ejected Bayne - he is guiding the tactics - stop bashing the **** and just proclaim that he is a halfwit.

That is why we need to get rid of him before he totally fecks it up.

On the subject of Bayne, I thought the world of the guy, although it's fair to say not all ICT fans felt the same.

I was speaking to a guy today who was at the QOS V Dunfermline game on Saturday and he said Bayne was superb, never missed a ball in the air.

Can anyone remember or confirm if Brewster binned Bayne or did Bayne want to go ?

On the subject of Bayne, I thought the world of the guy, although it's fair to say not all ICT fans felt the same.

I was speaking to a guy today who was at the QOS V Dunfermline game on Saturday and he said Bayne was superb, never missed a ball in the air.

Can anyone remember or confirm if Brewster binned Bayne or did Bayne want to go ?

When it comes to Brewster - what is the difference ? Bayne went cos he was told he wasnt wanted - FACT.

When it comes to Brewster - what is the difference ? Bayne went cos he was told he wasnt wanted - FACT.

Thank you for clearing that up for me IHE.

I'd, wrongly, been under the impression that Bayne wanted to return to the central belt for family reasons.

I'd, wrongly, been under the impression that Bayne wanted to return to the central belt for family reasons.

Family reasons, that old chesnut :rotflmao:

And that s why Brew went to Tannadice - and Rankin - and Dargo - and Wyness - and Dods :rotflmao:

Family reasons, that old chesnut :rotflmao:

As a married man Stevico, the vast majority of the things I do are for "family reasons" eg the wife wants to do them ! :thumb04:

And that s why Brew went to Tannadice - and Rankin - and Dargo - and Wyness - and Dods :rotflmao:

you forgot about Donald Park :thumb04:

Centre half, centre forward, and possibly a couple of midfielders who'll be needed to replace those either unwilling to sign a new contract or who haven't been offered one. I haven't been to the reserves for ages - can anyone report on McNulty? Fraser's welcome to go if he thinks he can do better but there's cover needed.

ok. here's a few names from MLS !!!!

Central defender - Michael Parkhurst: leaving the New England revolution on a free. expected to sign for FC Nordsjaelland permanently but still there as a free agent right now. salary this year was US$147k (less than 2K per week UK money). Parkhurst was MLS's 2007 defender of the year. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Parkhurst

Defender: Chad Marshall: out of contract at Columbus. The defender was the 2008 defender of the year in MLS and got a champions medal for the MLS winning side. Wages this year were roughly same as Parkhurst. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Marshall

Striker: Kenny Cooper: leaving Dallas. The second top scorer in MLS last year is supposedly interesting Eintracht Frankfurt and only gets paid around 54K per year (UK money). On the down side, he would probably require a transfer fee to MLS and that might put us out of the game if he moves while still in contract. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Cooper ....

and of course there is always Kenny Deuchar !!!

Scotty

I sent M Smith an email and recommended that Italian "Human Dynamo" that has won so many awards for player of the year etc.

I can't remember his name but he plays for Houston. Works like a dog, scores goals, all over the park--would be a sensation I think and would show the younger players how to do it but Mr Smith never even acknowledged the letter..... not impressed, courtesy costs nothing ! :rotflmao:

Go figure.

I liked Bayne as well. he was the perfect foil for Brewsters long ball game. Scored a belter of a header v Aberdeen once as well. He seemed to bend his head back and around the ball to score.

As for players coming in I think we need an experienced forward, a (cover) right winger, a central midfielder, a left back and perhaps another centre back.

I think we should look at moving Cowie infield and try and get someone else to play on the right (not Imrie!). Cowie did all the spade work for Rankin at County and perhaps Black and Chipper could work in a similar manner? As ICTChris points out elsewhere, all our strikers are under the age of 23 and we badly need someone experienced in there, dare I say it, a Jim Hamilton type figure.

I would also like to see moves made to recruit another central midfielder. Black has done well this season and if Cowie stays on the right then we need someone else in there with a goal scoring touch like we had with Rankin who made a few chances and took some as well. We miss him badly. Finally, our defence needs tightened up. Losing two goals to a team renowned for barely being able to score is an indication of how poor the back line is right now. McGuire has not impressed me and while Duff has done well I think we need a Dods style person in there alongside Munro to help out. Hastings also needs to have someone going after his place to get him to raise his game.

And this is of course assuming that Black and Cowie don't leave in the transfer window...

Scotty

I sent M Smith an email

That was a waste of time...

I spoke to some Pars fans at our last home game, they said that Bayne was a grafter/targetman but would never get many goals.

Mcguire is PYSH, the only thing he has over Duff is experience.

Scotty

I sent M Smith an email and recommended that Italian "Human Dynamo" that has won so many awards for player of the year etc.

I can't remember his name but he plays for Houston. Works like a dog, scores goals, all over the park--would be a sensation I think and would show the younger players how to do it but Mr Smith never even acknowledged the letter..... not impressed, courtesy costs nothing ! :rotflmao:

Go figure.

Do you mean Dwayne De Rosario ? The Canadian player of Guyanese descent whose name sounds Italian, and who has just signed for Toronto FC ?

It seems we need a replacement for Wilson, Black, and Cowie and an experienced striker to help the other younger forwards. A defender would also be useful.

Does anybody really see 5 new players arriving? Without Black and Cowie who plays in midfield? Could someone display the line up if these two are removed

Without Black or Cowie, I'd see us lining up with:

Esson

Tokely McGuire Munro Hastings

Zander Vigurs Duncan Imrie

Rooney Barrowman

or

Esson

Tokely McGuire Munro Hastings

Zander Vigurs Duncan McBain Imrie

Rooney

According to the official site there are 25 members of the first team. Lets knock that down a bit

McNulty and Kerr on loan 23

Fraser and Esson goalkeepers 22

Wilson and Brewster n/a 20

Djebi Zadi, Sutherland, Gillespie, Mcallister (not used) 16

That gives an outfield regular pool of 16 for 11 positions. If Black and Cowie leave its 14. Hardly competition for places are there?

Second string:

Fraser

Duff/Proctor/......../Djebi zadi

Sutherland/Vigurs/Gillespie/............/........

Mcallister

Please correct any mistakes here, just a first draft, and done in haste

Edited by Kirishima

I'd love us to sign a pacey forward (Jackson - St J or Buchanan - Plastic) but it would cost the board to much cash.... it would be nice to have a foreign import so maybe Hagi has someone on his network

I think we NEED a centre half though (McPake) and it should be priority for Brew

I would also like to see some goals from the centre of the park, whether that be a right winger so Cowie can be pushed into the centre (as RIG suggested) or someone else more direct and likes to play a bit further forward than Duncan & Black

I'd love us to sign a pacey forward (Jackson - St J or Buchanan - Plastic) but it would cost the board to much cash.... it would be nice to have a foreign import so maybe Hagi has someone on his network

I think we NEED a centre half though (McPake) and it should be priority for Brew

I would also like to see some goals from the centre of the park, whether that be a right winger so Cowie can be pushed into the centre (as RIG suggested) or someone else more direct and likes to play a bit further forward than Duncan & Black

Its a shame really that your paymaster has such different opinions from you :rotflmao: