FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Have the board spoken

tm4tj

No no, not cash for Brew to go, but the offer of cash to strengthen the squad in the January sales.

That to me seems like a vote of confidence for the present regime.

MFR reporting this in the news this morning. Maybe all is not lost then. They do realise we have a problem.

Caley Thistle boss Craig Brewster has been told he can add to his squad in the January transfer window.

The Inverness boss admitted he's on the look-out for players with experience to bolster his numbers.

St Johnstone striker Steven Milne could be on the radar, after Inverness reporting their interest in the player in the summer.

Meanwhile, Rory McAllister is likely to be out of action for up to four weeks, after suffering an injury in training.

Edited by themann4thejob
I wanted to.

The board had to be seen to do something, either sack brew or give him enough money to get some decent players that will not do the business for brew, at least that makes them look as thought they tried to help him in his struggles.

All depends how much money they are talking about though? will St J let Milne go? after all they are sitting top of the frist div.

Caley Thistle boss Craig Brewster has been told he can add to his squad in the January transfer window.

The Inverness boss admitted he's on the look-out for players with experience to bolster his numbers.

:rotflmao:

Actually, I know of an experienced winger who'll be available on a free around mid January ! Could be just the type of player we're looking for ? :thumb04:

Edited by RednBlackComeback

If indeed there's money to spend then surely the first priority should be to appoint a competent manager who will spend it wisely.

dont think brewsters too bad a judge of players and i would at least give him some credit for that.many of his signings at dundee utd and ict have been good ones (barrowman excepted!). the problem is actually knowing what to do with them and getting the players to perform once signed.that said though brewster can still gtf

dont think brewsters too bad a judge of players and i would at least give him some credit for that.many of his signings at dundee utd and ict have been good ones (barrowman excepted!). the problem is actually knowing what to do with them and getting the players to perform once signed.that said though brewster can still gtf

I see your Barrowman and raise you Phil McGuire, Lionel Djebi-Zadi and the possibility of Richie Byrne.

I see your Barrowman and raise you Phil McGuire, Lionel Djebi-Zadi and the possibility of Richie Byrne.

:rotflmao: a donkey quartet indeed, i could list some good signings too for both clubs but cant be arsed cos he doesn't deserve to be here come january to spend anyway. just saying its not so much his signings letting him down, more an absence of managerial ability

:rotflmao: a donkey quartet indeed, i could list some good signings too for both clubs but cant be arsed cos he doesn't deserve to be here come january to spend anyway. just saying its not so much his signings letting him down, more an absence of managerial ability

I genuinely think his signing policy leaves a lot to be desired. If he was good at finding new people he'd do it more consistently and not bother signing the duds. I think the good players he has found have been more a case of if you sign enough players the law of averages says that a few should be OK.

Edited by Jay_7

Would the current players we have at the club step up to the plate for a proven manager with motivational ability

(assuming theres someone out there with those qualities who would come up to Inverness)

Could they get the club to the middle or lower half top of the table? Enabling some thought to be given to

building for next season

I would not want the club going out on a knee jerk reaction and making signings that they may regret.

I think the only way forward now is to give Brew the boot.

I don't think very highly of Brewster in the transfer market at all i must admit.

Apart from Craig Dargo he never really signed anyone that good within his two spells here. Only other half-decent one was Morgan but he never played. Some would say Imrie but for me he has being rather inconsistent so far this season.

Dargo..... mmmm check

Imrie...... mmmm check

Esson.... mmm check

Rooney..... check

Cowie... check

possibly his most impressive signings have unfortunately been at United

Noel Hunt - playing and scoring regularly for Reading

Kalvanes - voted top left back in Scotland

and did he not bring Wyness back on loan from Hearts, although I think Christie made the signing??

give him the kitty then sack him (joking)... but seriously the guy has some pulling power and seems to know where to spend money

Dargo..... mmmm check

Imrie...... mmmm check

Esson.... mmm check

Rooney..... check

Cowie... check

possibly his most impressive signings have unfortunately been at United

Noel Hunt - playing and scoring regularly for Reading

Kalvanes - voted top left back in Scotland

and did he not bring Wyness back on loan from Hearts, although I think Christie made the signing??

give him the kitty then sack him (joking)... but seriously the guy has some pulling power and seems to know where to spend money

would say conway would have to be his best signing, and was spotted while ict manager then he fecks off and signs him for utd

He has a keen eye for talent, would be confident if he was given a kitty. His downfall is his tactics!

He reportedly spent ?40k on a striker scoring for fun in a professional team against amateur opposition but who had already failed in the professional first division and professional premier league. A real keen eye indeed.

I will give you Dargo, Imrie, Esson and Rooney but the best of the bunch .... Don Cowie .... was a Charlie Christie signing (pre-contract in Jan 07, signed in July 07 ... Brew came back in Aug 07). However, to balance your argument I will also give you Djebi-Zadi, McGuire, Barrowman, and potentially Byrne.

All managers have managed to sign a few crackers .... but equally, they have all signed some duds too !!!

If you include the DUFC signings, I would go as far as to say he does have a decent eye for potential but I dont think anyone really went over the score in saying he didnt ... it seems to be tactics and his alleged arrogance that let him down.