FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

graham linton

TSTtiger

I sort of agree with him. The players need our backing and support now more then ever. You can argue till your blue in the face that it is Brewster that the fans are getting on the back of, but the simple fact is that this filters its way down to the players, especially when they have such a poor motivator in charge.

I kind of agree as well Chris. Defeats against Rangers aren't getting the fans upset. It is lifeless performances against the likes of Hamilton, St. Mirren, Falkirk etc. that are getting to the support. Against Rangers everyone should accept the likely outcome - a defeat. The pressure will be on for the Partick game however so I think we should forget about tomorrows game (I already have) and look to the next game we should be looking to win.

As a footnote to that article Graham Linton, as per usual, adds a selection of comments (fan mail) pinched taken from CTO.

Three comments appear this week.... Not one of them is suggesting it's time for Brew to go..!!

Do you really think these represent a fair cross section of the fans comments on this site, Mr. Linton?

Seems Mr. Linton has taken almost his entire article by reproducing information taken from this website. Is this not a form of plagiarism?

I sort of agree with him. The players need our backing and support now more then ever. You can argue till your blue in the face that it is Brewster that the fans are getting on the back of, but the simple fact is that this filters its way down to the players, especially when they have such a poor motivator in charge.

I kind of agree as well Chris. Defeats against Rangers aren't getting the fans upset. It is lifeless performances against the likes of Hamilton, St. Mirren, Falkirk etc. that are getting to the support. Against Rangers everyone should accept the likely outcome - a defeat. The pressure will be on for the Partick game however so I think we should forget about tomorrows game (I already have) and look to the next game we should be looking to win.

As a footnote to that article Graham Linton, as per usual, adds a selection of comments (fan mail) pinched taken from CTO.

Three comments appear this week.... Not one of them is suggesting it's time for Brew to go..!!

Do you really think these represent a fair cross section of the fans comments on this site, Mr. Linton?

Seems Mr. Linton has taken almost his entire article by reproducing information taken from this website. Is this not a form of plagiarism?

Maybe it's a form of masochism!! :rotflmao:

I don't necessarily agree with Linton's comments, but I see where he is coming from - Yes i think brew's an idiot and i would like to see him sacked - however i also think that negativity at games has a clear affect on the players - which doesn't help our situation. I will support my team no matter what - and i'll separate my view of the team from my view of the board and the manager. So come 3PM on match days i'll be cheering for the caley jags even if I do think Brewster is totally incompetent.

I think part of the idea of a column is to get people talking and to provide an alternative view point - to play devil's advocate if you will and in this respect maybe the column was effective. Okay so maybe linton seems to be wearing then tinted spectacles but this is after all a column and not a factual piece. Yes - we've played some dire football recently and maybe it'd be nice to see some acknowledgment of this, but I do think some people are maybe over-reacting to the column.

On a side note - whilst the media's free speech is very important in society (vital in my opinion) i'm sure they also have to be careful what they say sometimes as they need to keep parties on side (to get interviews with players and managers in order to print material that sells papers for example). Sometimes people forget that papers cannot be too one sided because they have bridges to avoid burning - especially in a small town where relationships have to be maintained over many years.

Now, let the flaming begin...