FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher Trying To Tempt Black?

AJS

Butcher is trying to persuade Ian Black to stay at Caley according to the P&J.

According to them the Pre-Contract can be abolished but apparently Blackies still intent on going.

IMO it would be worth persuading him to change his mind.

What do other folks think?

Butcher is trying to persuade Ian Black to stay at Caley according to the P&J.

According to them the Pre-Contract can be abolished but apparently Blackies still intent on going.

IMO it would be worth persuading him to change his mind.

What do other folks think?

I'd love him to stay but can we offer him anything close to what Hearts will be paying him?

that is certainly one thing you can say about Blackie. He is committed. He is committed to ICT until the end of the season and committed to Hearts beyond that. we will not change his mind no matter how hard we try. Shame TB wasnt in place earlier ... perhaps it wouldnt have got as far as a pre-contract !!!

that is certainly one thing you can say about Blackie. He is committed. He is committed to ICT until the end of the season and committed to Hearts beyond that. we will not change his mind no matter how hard we try. Shame TB wasnt in place earlier ... perhaps it wouldnt have got as far as a pre-contract !!!

Would have to agree Scotty. I think had Butcher came in earlier Black would still be an ICT player beyond this season and Don Cowie perhaps as well. But you have to credit Black for his loyalty both to us and to his future employers. I know he supported Hearts as a boy and there is more money but the only downsides would be is that the club's run by a mad man and they already have a host of midfielders. I know some Hearts fans have questioned the signing of another midfielder.

Edited by ajsict92

Players like Kingston are likely to be away come the end of the season (they can't afford to keep him on ?15k per week [allegedly]) so Black may well get more of a chance than some think. I don't think ICT can offer him anything he couldn't get or better at Hearts. He wants to go there but in the meantime he wants to help ICT out and keep us up. Can't ask for more than that.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Be great if blackie stayed but you cant stop someone moving to there boyhood club.

All the best blackie!!!!

Would have to agree Scotty. I think had Butcher came in earlier Black would still be an ICT player beyond this season and Don Cowie perhaps as well. But you have to credit Black for his loyalty both to us and to his future employers. I know he supported Hearts as a boy and there is more money but the only downsides would be is that the club's run by a mad man and they already have a host of midfielders. I know some Hearts fans have questioned the signing of another midfielder.

He didnt support hearts as a lad, he played for them in his dads team, they asked him to sign then but he chose to go to blackburn, his dad did play for them though, he is a die hard man u supporter and from what i hear had a season ticket for old trafford until he turned pro, i still think TB can do something but as i said on another post, it hinges on a number of factors, one being TB staying.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

He didnt support hearts as a lad, he played for them in his dads team, they asked him to sign then but he chose to go to blackburn, his dad did play for them though, he is a die hard man u supporter and from what i hear had a season ticket for old trafford until he turned pro, i still think TB can do something but as i said on another post, it hinges on a number of factors, one being TB staying.

His dad played for hearts did he not?? He always supported hearts since his dad was there he was also a ball boy for a while there aswel

I agree, he would be well worth persuading.

Points why he WILL move though: Double the wages, If hearts finish 3rd he will be playing european football, Also he will be at a bigger club, so more recognition and possibly being picked up by George Burley!

Too many things let slide and stay at Caley. I believe he is commited to us til the end though!

I think that it has been said on another thread Gillian - but Blackie would only even consider staying if he knew that Butcher was as well - that could be the crucial factor. As Yngwie says that is a "biggie" all round. Blacks decision may lead us to the other. Of course it was down to Brewster and the muppets - some of us saw what was happening way down the line - there cant be any now who can see how poorly Blackie was treated.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

we tempted dargo! DARGOOOO??? WHERE ARE YOUUUU?????

Remeber brewster was in charge but now we have a guy who nos what hes doing

no, it was cc at the time.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Was it?? :rotflmao: . We'll just blame brew anyway :thumb04:

Was it?? :thumb04: . We'll just blame brew anyway :018:

:D ;) :lol: yes, it was his fault for everything lol, :015: i agree :rotflmao:

His dad played for hearts did he not?? He always supported hearts since his dad was there he was also a ball boy for a while there aswel

yes his dad did play for them, but as previously said he played for tynecastle as a boy in his dads team, they were automatically picked for ball boys.

It would be great if we kept him. He is a fantastic asset to the club. I shall be very sorry to see him go and I hope that when he comes back as a Hearts player next season we shall all give him the cheer he deserves.

Can we blame Brewster for the credit crunch?

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

i'll be sad to see we blackie go to the jam tarts. but i dont think he'll change his mind. his family live down in edinburgh and blackies dad was like a coach or something. and blackie supported them as a boy.

I think that it has been said on another thread Gillian - but Blackie would only even consider staying if he knew that Butcher was as well - that could be the crucial factor. As Yngwie says that is a "biggie" all round. Blacks decision may lead us to the other. Of course it was down to Brewster and the muppets - some of us saw what was happening way down the line - there cant be any now who can see how poorly Blackie was treated.

YOU should know there is always TWO sides to every story, but then if you had KNOWN what was happening then it would not have only been SEEN by YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!