FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotland Squad

Harry Chibber

Barr shouldn't be anywhere the squad how can Burley justify picking him. We look poor up front but there isn't anyone I can think of who could possibly come into the squad as another striker. Agree with the last posts we will play 4-1-4-1 I think we will line up like so:

Gordon

Hutton/Broadfoot Weir Mcmanus Naismith

Caldwell

Brown Fletcher Ferguson Commons

Miller

Personally I would have Hartley instead of Ferguson but Burley wouldn't have the guts to drop him.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The left side of our team does not exactly fill me with confidence. I go to the Scotland home games and every time I have seen Commons or Morrison play, they haven't exactly done anything special.

As for Darren Barr......well that just annoys me. Terry Butcher is still in the Scotland set-up so surely he could have told Burley that Barr is garbage!!!

I would prefer to have Gordon in goals as he has proven that he can cut it at international level. I don't think shoving in McGregor against Holland would be a good idea, having only played a few times in friendlies, but you never know. He may be fired up and play a blinder!

Kenny Miller puts in some amount of work up front, but I think we are going to miss James McFadden in the team.

I heard that Venegoor of Hesselink is in their squad. He has been so rubbish recently for Celtic that I wouldn't bet against him coming off the bench to score against us!

I think our team could be a whole lot better - I would like to see Whittaker in there and Teale & Barr are useless.

Hope the team is:

---------------Gordon----------------

--Hutton--Weir--McManus--Naysmith--

-------------Caldwell------------------

----D.Fletcher---Ferguson----Brown----

---------------Miller-------------------

If we are losing with 20 mins to go i would like to see Iwelumo and S. Fletcher join the attack alongside Miller.

-------------Gordon-------------------

Hutton, Berra, McManus, McAllister

-------------Caldwell-------------------

Fletcher, Brown, Ferguson, Commons

---------------Miller---------------------

I couple of the teams posted on here have Brown on the right or left. I really hope Burley doesn't do this. Scott Brown has been in great form for Celtic playing in an advanced midfield role. It would be crazy to move him out to the right out of deference for a has-been like Barry Ferguson.

If there was some kinda magic formation that would avoid us having to pick any of those strikers, then please let us know. There is no way we are gonna score with any of them!!!

Mcgregor

Hutton Caldwell Weir Naysmith

Commons D.Fletcher Ferguson Don't know

Brown

Kenny ******* Miller

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Scotland team for me: 4-1-4-1

Gordon

Alexander Berra Caldwell/McManus Naysmith

Hartley

Brown Ferguson D.Fletcher S.Fletcher

Miller

Subs: McGregor, Barr, Hutton, McCormack, Gavin Rae, Caldwell/McManus (how many subs are they aloud???)

Revised team from me:

McGregor

Caldwell

Whittaker - Wilkie - Berra - Naysmith

D. Fletcher - Brown - Ferguson/Rae

Clarkson

McCormack

More attacking than I'd have liked, with a lack of natural balance. Expect a stuffing!

Revised team from me:

McGregor

Caldwell

Whittaker - Wilkie - Berra - Naysmith

D. Fletcher - Brown - Ferguson/Rae

Clarkson

McCormack

More attacking than I'd have liked, with a lack of natural balance. Expect a stuffing!

I sincerely hope not... Clarkson & McCormack up front? Miller may not be everyone's cup of tea but he has always been excellent for Scotland.

You may be on to something with us playing 3 centre backs but when was Wilkie called up?

Guest Muir-Jaggie

If Miller is fit he will play the alone striker up front but if hes not fit Steven Fletcher will play the alone striker