FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hospitality For The Dons Match

absent friend

I was disappointed to note on a thread on here, regarding where to meet for the Dons match, that it was stated that the BonAccord Golf Club - the nearest club/building to the park- did not make someone welcome.

This is totally not the case, unless the doorman felt the person was 'out of order' I have had the assurance from Duggie, steward (exInverness Caley manager - the hotel), Charlie, secretary and Rickie, the club captain that ICT fans are very welcome and indeed they would be disappointed if their past provision of hospitality is not again taken up by the fans.

Well priced drink and very affordable food.

Our colours hang proudly above the club till and the club boast of this presentation, to them, by ICT.

It will be super to see all the locals in high spirits, poor souls, before the match and drowning their sorrows thereafter.

Look forward to a BIG turnout.

Is that the one right opposite the Pittodrie main entrance? Never been there but Donview likes it.

I think it was the Caledonian that was getting pelters for the guy shutting the door in our face. Rude wee fecker needs a bunch of fives..

Shockerooney... moderator banned in 'incitement to violence' scandal.

I was disappointed to note on a thread on here, regarding where to meet for the Dons match, that it was stated that the BonAccord Golf Club - the nearest club/building to the park- did not make someone welcome.

This is totally not the case, unless the doorman felt the person was 'out of order' I have had the assurance from Duggie, steward (exInverness Caley manager - the hotel), Charlie, secretary and Rickie, the club captain that ICT fans are very welcome and indeed they would be disappointed if their past provision of hospitality is not again taken up by the fans.

Well priced drink and very affordable food.

Our colours hang proudly above the club till and the club boast of this presentation, to them, by ICT.

It will be super to see all the locals in high spirits, poor souls, before the match and drowning their sorrows thereafter.

Look forward to a BIG turnout.

I go to the Bon Accord pre and post match for most of the Dons v. ICT games, mainly for the reasons outlined above. Nae a great choice on beer, but that's the only criticism I have about an otherwise fine establishment :rotflmao:

I can vouch for the hospitality in this howf and intend to be there

so set up the drinks!!!

Its not too far to stagger to the away gate and handy for the celebration

dram after the game - hopefully.

Howf????

I'll be there, enjoyed several enjoyable days in absent friend and big t fan's company amongst others. Lets hope we are the ones celebrating in the bar after the game!

I have to say that getting into the club is hit or miss. I turned up on Saturday at 12:15, stone cold sober and not wearing colours, with wife and kids in tow. Knocked on the door, asked politely if they accepted Caley fans, to be given a polite but firm "no" by the bouncer :rotflmao: - hardly the welcome other posters have experienced.

I did manage to get in later with a group of other caley fans by bluffing that we had called ahead. :thumb04:

I have to say that getting into the club is hit or miss. I turned up on Saturday at 12:15, stone cold sober and not wearing colours, with wife and kids in tow. Knocked on the door, asked politely if they accepted Caley fans, to be given a polite but firm "no" by the bouncer :thumb04: - hardly the welcome other posters have experienced.

I did manage to get in later with a group of other caley fans by bluffing that we had called ahead. :rotflmao:

Don' know what happened there. I will look into it.

If you had used any of the three names given on the posting that should have done the trick.

You are sure it was the Bon Accord and not the Caley as their wee doorman is difficult( I had to think of a word there!)

If it was the Bon Accord I really am disappointed.

By the time I came off the golf course, twoish, my party was well into the spirit of things, surrounded by the locals and holding their own!!

I have to say that getting into the club is hit or miss. I turned up on Saturday at 12:15, stone cold sober and not wearing colours, with wife and kids in tow. Knocked on the door, asked politely if they accepted Caley fans, to be given a polite but firm "no" by the bouncer :thumb04: - hardly the welcome other posters have experienced.

I did manage to get in later with a group of other caley fans by bluffing that we had called ahead. :rotflmao:

Don' know what happened there. I will look into it.

If you had used any of the three names given on the posting that should have done the trick.

You are sure it was the Bon Accord and not the Caley as their wee doorman is difficult( I had to think of a word there!)

If it was the Bon Accord I really am disappointed.

By the time I came off the golf course, twoish, my party was well into the spirit of things, surrounded by the locals and holding their own!!

Yep, definitely the Bon Accord club. Right next to the stadium.

As I said, I did manage to get in later by bluffing my way in, right past the guy who refused me entry in the first place.

Its a shame you had that experience, we had a geat craic, so much so that i was in an alcohol induced slumber by 9.30pm!!!

Only unfriendliness we experienced was on leaving the club when we had the misfortune to meet a rather unpleasent taxi drive who appeared to think Ict fans were fair game! - I politely explained the highway code in regard to pedestrains and sent him on his way!

I ended up in there with another 3, two of which were wearing scarfs. We just walked in and and got served no bother once we realised they have a queueing system at the bar. Don't know what it is about Aberdeen though but every bar we were in smells of damp.