FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brian Kerr Offski?

Jay_7

I will be extremely disappointed in Kerr if he goes. He owes Butcher for rescuing his career after he was released from Hibs with no interest at all coming from elsewhere.

It's a nice thought but he doesn't owe us anything really. We are only offering him a 1 year deal. Dundee can offer him more money (Hart and Higgins are rumoured to be on ?1,600 a week) and a longer deal. They also look set to sign one of Particks best players in Hawkins and are tabling bids for Griffiths of Livi. They will be the team to beat next season and I don't see anyone being able to do it. This new chairman of theirs is providing some serious financial backing for Jocky Scott.

the 1600 a week is far off what they are getting, even if they get promotion next year they will still be about 600 of that. i heard what they were on from a very reliable source.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont make me involve Jeremy Kyle!

Is Brian Kerr still with us or has he actually gone yet?

Havent heard anything about Morais, Kerr, Foran or Obihando. Have look on STV, OFFICIAL SITE, BBC, INVERNESS COURIER AND SCOUTED THE FORUM.

(caps B) )

Fair do's. ?1,600 is a figure being mentioned a lot however. Either way, Dundee are fairly splashing the cash in a manner not seen before from a SFL1 team.

The word Livingston springs to mind ... or Gretna .... and we both know they ended (or might end) in tears. Dundee have also not had their problems to seek with previous regimes that splashed the cash !!! But as I dont know much if anything about the new director who seems to have all the cash, maybe HeilanDee can fill us in ?

Is Brian Kerr still with us or has he actually gone yet? Havent heard anything about Morais, Kerr, Foran or Obihando. Have look on STV, OFFICIAL SITE, BBC, INVERNESS COURIER AND SCOUTED THE FORUM.

Seems like there is no news because .... there is no news. Reading what has been in the media so far, our offers are still on the table and the players havent signed them yet .... nor have they declined them and signed elsewhere. It might be because some of them are still on holiday but the longer it goes without guys moving on, the more hopeful I am we might keep at least some of them. I actually agree with Grassa when he said that the Setanta issue might help us as quite a few clubs will have to re-evaluate wage structures in terms of existing and new signings but we already did that when we released so many and didnt make renewed contract offers to others.

The word Livingston springs to mind ... or Gretna .... and we both know they ended (or might end) in tears. Dundee have also not had their problems to seek with previous regimes that splashed the cash !!! But as I dont know much if anything about the new director who seems to have all the cash, maybe HeilanDee can fill us in ?

The current situation at Dens has arisen through a huge amount of hard work by supporters groups and the current board,mainly the efforts of Bob Brannen who has managed an astonishing financial turnround in the fortunes of the club since the low point of ?27 million in debt and staring into the abyss,to the current situation of Dundee FC as a club having very little debt to speak of.Callum Melville was recruited after the board placed adverts in national newspapers to recruit new board members,a move which at the time was mocked but seems to have paid huge dividends for the club.Calum Melville is a self confessed Aberdeen supporter who wanted to be involved in the running of a football club without the hassles endured by Stewart Milne which come with being involved in running your local team and never getting away from the pressures involved.He has pledged to match pound for pound all seasons tickets sold above last years total as well as putting in cash for players and is in negotitations to buy Dens back.I genuinly dont believe this another "peh in the skeh" scenario, (and believe me, i've seen a few over the last 40 odd years !) but a genuine and properly funded attempt to mount a serious challenge this season and get back into the SPL.

I'm pretty sure I heard that Brian Kerr has signed for Dundee on Radio Scotland sports round-up this evening. Can't see anything confirming this online yet but seems like a done deal.

To be honest I'm not surprised in the slightest that he's gone but this surely confirms that we have neither the inclination nor the wherewithall to mount a serious challenge for promotion.

Can't really be bothered commenting on the frankly embarassing honorary president/vice president farce, the pitiful lack of communication from the club, our joke of a Director of Football, Butcher swanning about Sweden, the Vigurs fiasco or the multitude of general cluelessness we have to endure.

Suffice to say will the last man to leave please switch off the lights......

Dundee have had a large injection of cash recently and are by a margin the richest club in the division. I can't see how we can be too critical of the board for not throwing money we don't have at a single player.

Edited by Kingsmills

Guest Mahonio

It is up on BBC Sport website now.

The headline below us and Dundee and Livi is "Dundee close in on Kerr and Griffiths".

we picked him up of the scrap heap, stood him up, gave him some space, and he goes running the first "offer he gets" I really do wish him bad times.....

It shouldn't really surprise us. His history suggests that the word loyalty has bypassed him.

What is more concerning is that we don't appear to be trying to get in any kind of replacement - infact the ready made one we did have was released.

Edited by Hiro

As I said previously it's not really the Kerr situation that's the problem but it's certainly symptomatic of the general institutional malaise that got us into this situation in the first place.

We embarked on last season with a squad that was considerably weaker than the season before and then we all throw our hands up in horror when we're relegated. It was nailed on from the opening day of the season and the powers that be stood idly by until it was too late to rectify the situation.

I'm afraid I don't share the general enthusiasm that many on here seem to have for what is going to undoubtedly be a prolonged period in division one. We seem to have lost any direction and I see nothing to suggest that there is a real desire to get the club back on track.

Sutherland is happy enough to make proclamations about an immediate bounce back but I feel that we need some new faces and new ideas behind the scenes to achieve this. Alas, while Sutherland pulls the strings there is very little likelihood of this ever happening.

Edited by ymip

Sutherland is happy enough to make proclamations about an immediate bounce back

just for clarification - It was the chairman who made that statement not DFS.

However, I do agree that we could be in for a prolonged spell in D1 if we dont get things sorted. From the outside, it does look like implosion, chaos and confusion but as I said before, I will wait a few more days to see/hear what is said officially ... I only hope that when the dust settles, we can see there was method in the madness rather than vice versa.

Kerr never had any intention of staying with us at any point to be honest

Butcher got rid of Vigurs for his attitude, and i think he has been shown correct for that in the last few days

Also, Butcher is now back in Inverness

Edited by caleyrule

Kerr to Dundee from us was a no brainer really, it's been on the cards for some time. I am more concerned about the Leigh Griffiths story.

Dundee will romp the league this season.

Kerr to Dundee from us was a no brainer really, it's been on the cards for some time. I am more concerned about the Leigh Griffiths story.

I think we should just call kerr WHAN..

I dont thing Dundee will romp it this year, they need time to gel, Ive noticed that if you change any more that 3 key player in your side the whole time needs time to get to know how they play, It will be dundees year next year.....

I dont thing Dundee will romp it this year, they need time to gel, Ive noticed that if you change any more that 3 key player in your side the whole time needs time to get to know how they play, It will be dundees year next year.....

Thats two things i totally agree with you on

Yep! Lets all call Brian names before he's made any decisions. That should really help him decide. BBC say Dundee are closing in on him......not 'are signing him'. Brian himself would love to stay at Sneck but, at the age he's at, has to decide whether or not to take a one year deal at Inverness on a low salary or a three year deal at Dens on a better salary.

He had his chance in an ICT shirt, and while he showed some brief moments of skill he never really lived up to his 'former Scotland international' billing. Overall his contribution was pretty underwhelming. I would go as far as to say that if he'd never arrived at all, and Russel Duncan had played in his place for the post split run-in, we probably wouldn't have gone down.