FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brian Kerr Offski?

Jay_7

Give me Russeldinho any day (no surprises then :lol: :lol: :lol: ). I always thought Kerr was a headless chicken. Russell plays for the jersey - after 8 years at ICT I bet he bleeds red and blue. People criticise his passing but that's what he tries to do - PASS. I think all I ever saw from Kerr was up-and-unders. Should have played rugby.

Still need a creative player to replace Blackie though.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russell Duncan knows what it is like to play in the First Division so I don't think we will miss Kerr all that much. As has been pointed out, it's a replacement for Black that we need. With the amount of signings that Dundee are trying to make or have already made, you just wonder if Kerr will even get a game. I hope not, but if he does, I hope that the bad luck that has fallen to others who left us, follows him too. :022:

A mate of mine who is a Dundee fan doesn't seem too bothered when I mention Gretna and Livingston to him. He just says that it is some random investor's money. We will wait and see what he says when this investor gets bored, turns his back on them and then they are left with a lot of players on unsustainable contracts.

Gretna and Livi, Wooooshtastic surely......

:022:

So are we saying Butcher screwed up by signing him in the first place ?

I don't think anyone is saying that at all.

Gretna and Livi seemed to manage fine in the past.< and look where they are now...

Well Gretna found it really hard when they were in the SPL money wise and it did not help them with there chairman falling really ill in the later stages of the season

I agree with those that are not too fussed about Kerr leaving, after all, he is hardly a world beater.

He did little to inspire me whilst at ICT and although he was quietly efficient in some games, he never really set the heather onfire. There are a lot of decent up and coming youngsters out there who will jump at the chance to play for a first division side and we will not miss Kerr in the slightest, after all, he was only here for a short mercenary spell.

A mate of mine who is a Dundee fan doesn't seem too bothered when I mention Gretna and Livingston to him. He just says that it is some random investor's money. We will wait and see what he says when this investor gets bored, turns his back on them and then they are left with a lot of players on unsustainable contracts.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but is this 'random investor' not someone big in the building trade who is also a supporter of Aberdeen and good friends with Stuart Milne. And is he not, at the minute, in negotiations with a number of parties, including Dundee United, about taking full ownership of Dens Stadium. Mmmmmmmmmmm wonder how many houses could be fitted onto that site.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but is this 'random investor' not someone big in the building trade who is also a supporter of Aberdeen and good friends with Stuart Milne. And is he not, at the minute, in negotiations with a number of parties, including Dundee United, about taking full ownership of Dens Stadium. Mmmmmmmmmmm wonder how many houses could be fitted onto that site.

OK Alex, i'll correct you,Callum Mellvile is not in the building trade but is involved in your world ,him and his brother own Cosalt marine supplies to the oil and gas industries.He is currently negotiating with John Bennet a united director (who came over the road to be on the Dens board for a short period and assisted financially to help us out of the mire) to purchase back Dens.

OK Alex, i'll correct you,Callum Mellvile is not in the building trade but is involved in your world ,him and his brother own Cosalt marine supplies to the oil and gas industries.He is currently negotiating with John Bennet a united director (who came over the road to be on the Dens board for a short period and assisted financially to help us out of the mire) to purchase back Dens.

Thanks. I did read that he was a Dons fan and a friend of Milne. I also read something about the Tannadice link with Dens but couldn't understand that one.

Thanks. I did read that he was a Dons fan and a friend of Milne. I also read something about the Tannadice link with Dens but couldn't understand that one.

Callum Melville is on record stating that it is the personal abuse Stewart Milne receives from the Dons fans and he felt that, being a local lad, he also would be subjected to and that made him invest in Dundee instead of his home club.

Food for though there maybe for ICT!! Please invest with us and be labelled a MUPPET.

John is/was the leading light at J & E Shepherds, the national surveyors, with their head office in Dundee and was, as you say, a knight in shining armour when Dundee were financially up against it.

Give me Russeldinho any day (no surprises then B) :P :lol: ). I always thought Kerr was a headless chicken. Russell plays for the jersey - after 8 years at ICT I bet he bleeds red and blue. People criticise his passing but that's what he tries to do - PASS. I think all I ever saw from Kerr was up-and-unders. Should have played rugby.

Still need a creative player to replace Blackie though.

Agree in every way, I honestly will never have a bad word to say about russeldinho, he is in every way a caley jag man!!

• 2 weeks later...

Kerr added ' clearly the cash on offer was the main reason I joined the club. Big Calum has put his heart into this club as well as his hard earned cash. What a great guy! It is foolish playing at clubs without dosh especially after being out of the game so long last season. Let's hope we whip the Caley 4 times.

In fact all of the new players are here for the dosh. The football is a bonus, and of course we expect to walk the league with the wealth behind big Jocky.'

Brian has just a couple or three years left in this game. He had to live of his savings for nine months before coming to us. Why shouldn't he capitalise on what skill he has before finding a new career. He done well for us in his time and doesn't deserve to be abused for choosing to support his family.

Brian has just a couple or three years left in this game. He had to live of his savings for nine months before coming to us. Why shouldn't he capitalise on what skill he has before finding a new career. He done well for us in his time and doesn't deserve to be abused for choosing to support his family.

i agree, i think people on here don't realise that football is a very short career and for most footballers isn't the best pay, i don't think people should hold it against any player for parting from a club to better their income to support their family and themselves. Brian did what is best for his family, anyone would do the same in their job so why not in football.

I have nothing against a player moving to another club if he is free to do so for money.

However, I think his statements, if true, about "whipping the Caley" nd "we will walk the league" are ill-advised.

Hope that he had his tongue in his cheek .

But remember Brian.."there is many a slip 'twixt cup and lip"--e.g. injuries, etc, and there are no guarantees about anything .

I have nothing against a player moving to another club if he is free to do so for money.

However, I think his statements, if true, about "whipping the Caley" nd "we will walk the league" are ill-advised.

Hope that he had his tongue in his cheek .

But remember Brian.."there is many a slip 'twixt cup and lip"--e.g. injuries, etc, and there are no guarantees about anything .

:lol: :P