FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Newbies

RiG

What are fans early thoughts on the new guys Butcher has brought in? A number of them made their league debuts yesterday and I think some offered some real promise with some maybe needing to improve on a couple of things / play more games until we see the best of them.

Bulvitis - seen this guy in two games and I think he looks stronger than Mihadjuks but not so good when it comes to communication as Proctor found out a few times :( Certainly looks like he could form a strong partnership with Munro given time and hopefully Grant will help him through the games as I thought sometimes he "drifted off" a bit.

Eagles - linked well at times with Djebi Zadi but looks pretty slow for a winger. Had the chance to send in a couple of good balls yesterday which weren't always great but, again, there seemed to be a degree of promise there if he and DZ can link up like they did on Saturday.

Cox - "We all love Cox" covers it quite well. Ian who? Love this guys energy and bite in the tackle. Might not be as creative as Blackie was for us but he can tackle and win the ball which is always a bonus. He has impressed me most since coming in.

Stratford - Not sure yet what his best position is. I thought at times he was slightly wasteful with his passing but he covered a lot of ground and didn't go missing when Dunfermline turned up the pressure. Another who will maybe take longer than the others to get settled in. Very handsome. Possibly starred in a Gillette advert previously.

Hayes - the opposite of Eagles. Faster but maybe with less skill. Let's morph the two of them! Could be a very useful player to bring on towards the end of the game with the opposition tiring. Hopefully not another Fetai.

Sanchez - Juanjo Mk II. First touch with his feet was poor but he was excellent at bringing others into the game, dropping a shoulder and going the other way and playing a neat pass that set up a goal scoring chance. If he can get stuck in a bit more and control throw ins with his feet then he is another one who could do very well for us.

Edited by RiG

My first look at all of them:

Bulvitis - Looks more like a full back to me but is no-nonsense / no frills which may be just what we need. It will be interesting to see where he plays when Rosscoe comes back.

Eagles - Again looks more like a midfielder than a winger - nice touch but not sure if he is strong enough.

Cox - certainly looks the part.

Stratford - Not sure about him - I did feel that we lost the midfield yesterday and he didnt do much to win it back.

Hayes - Needs to lose about half a stone but shows promise.

Sanchez - Now he whets my appetite - be interesting to see him in 3-4 weeks.

My first look at all of them:

Bulvitis - Looks more like a full back to me but is no-nonsense / no frills which may be just what we need. It will be interesting to see where he plays when Rosscoe comes back.

Eagles - Again looks more like a midfielder than a winger - nice touch but not sure if he is strong enough.

Cox - certainly looks the part.

Stratford - Not sure about him - I did feel that we lost the midfield yesterday and he didnt do much to win it back.

Hayes - Needs to lose about half a stone but shows promise.

Sanchez - Now he whets my appetite - be interesting to see him in 3-4 weeks.

IHE and I talked about this after the game on Saturday...

Bulvitis - looks like he'll be solid, if unspectacular, at the back.....just the way you want your defence

Eagles - I rated him more than others on here it seems....I think he'll do the job fine

Cox - game winner....enough said

Stratford - had some nice touches but wasn't stuck in enough

Hayes - looked very promising.....I'm excited about him

Sanchez - I was underwhelmed again. I hope it's just a match fitness issue