FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Morton

Renegade

------------------------------------Esson---------------------------------------------

---Tokely--------------Duff-------------------------Munro--------------Golabek---

---------------Hayes----------------Cox-------------------Djebi-Zadi--------------

--------------Sanchez------------Barrowman-----------------Foran----------------

Subs - Allison, Ross/Duncan, Rooney, Bulvitis, McBain/Eagle

Esson in goal obviously with Tokely slotted into right back and keep Golabek at left back. Munro stays in again with Duff coming in instead of Bulvitis. I favour an attacking 4-3-3 with Cox in the middle, pinging the ball wide to either Tokely or Hayes down the right or Golabek or Lionel down the left. Hayes should try to stick to the line when ever ICT are on the attack for crosses into the box. Djebi-Zadi comes back in and for my liking would do much better in an attacking position where he can use his size and pace to get down the flanks and attack the oppositions full-backs. Also puting him at left midfield would mean that also if he were to have a blooper, there would be enough players back to cover him. Sanchez, Barrowman and Foran as the attacking front three. I've noticed recently that ICT are far too defenceive when in comes to set pieces. When defending a corner, Sanchez should stay forward at all times with either Foran or Barrowman going about half way back. When ICT have a corner, Munro or Golabek or both should stay back leaving the height and presence of Djebi-Zadi, Tokely and Duff to go forward into the box.

Edited by Renegade

Away game, 3 upfront

I like attacking football.

and Zadi in midfield.

I feel he would be far better up the field using his plus points ie- Height, Speed to attack and attack alone, rather than using his mediocre defending skills to defend.

Your mental.

Thank you.

Also why drop Bulvitis?

I feel that Duff is better and has a lot more potential. Bulvitis is okay but seems to be a bit clumsy at times and I'm not convinced by him TBH.

------------------------------------Esson---------------------------------------------

---Tokely--------------Duff-------------------------Munro--------------Golabek---

---------------Hayes----------------Cox-------------------Djebi-Zadi--------------

--------------Sanchez------------Barrowman-----------------Foran----------------

Subs - Allison, Ross/Duncan, Rooney, Bulvitis, McBain/Eagle

Esson in goal obviously with Tokely slotted into right back and keep Golabek at left back. Munro stays in again with Duff coming in instead of Bulvitis. I favour an attacking 4-3-3 with Cox in the middle, pinging the ball wide to either Tokely or Hayes down the right or Golabek or Lionel down the left. Hayes should try to stick to the line when ever ICT are on the attack for crosses into the box. Djebi-Zadi comes back in and for my liking would do much better in an attacking position where he can use his size and pace to get down the flanks and attack the oppositions full-backs. Also puting him at left midfield would mean that also if he were to have a blooper, there would be enough players back to cover him. Sanchez, Barrowman and Foran as the attacking front three. I've noticed recently that ICT are far too defenceive when in comes to set pieces. When defending a corner, Sanchez should stay forward at all times with either Foran or Barrowman going about half way back. When ICT have a corner, Munro or Golabek or both should stay back leaving the height and presence of Djebi-Zadi, Tokely and Duff to go forward into the box.

In fairness Renegade, it's good that you point it out because we can't take anything for granted when it comes to your teams.

As for the set pieces, Foran comes back to defend them because his head seems to have some kind of magnetic appeal for high balls. We haven't lost many goals from set pieces since Butcher took over which is impressive because we were plagued by them for 18 months after Dods left.

Djebi-Zadi comes back in and for my liking would do much better in an attacking position where he can use his size and pace to get down the flanks and attack the oppositions full-backs. Also puting him at left midfield would mean that also if he were to have a blooper, there would be enough players back to cover him.

Isn't there a danger that the players nominated to cover for Lionel bloopers would very quickly become exhausted?

:lol: Renegade puts Munro in his starting line-up. Shock horror.

And can't believe you would drop Bulvitis. From what I heard he basically kept us in it yesterday with 3 superb challenges.

GK and defence picks itself now for us IMO. As does basically the rest of the team with "Butcher's Boys" running it for us.. It'll be:

Esson

Tokely Bulvitis Munro Golly

Eagle Cox Stratford Hayes

Foran Sanchez

Subs: Allison, Proctor, Duncan, Barrowman, Rooney.

Can't see Eagle getting dropped until Imrie's back from injury.

Edited by ICTFCkev

:ohmy: Renegade puts Munro in his starting line-up. Shock horror.

I think I've had Munro in the starting line-up for all of my teams in every "Team for ..." thread this season.

And can't believe you would drop Bulvitis. From what I heard he basically kept us in it yesterday with 3 superb challenges.

Fair point, he sounded like he had a decent game but from what I've seen I still need convincing and at this rate think Duff is a bit better.

Esson

Tokely Munro Bulvitis Golabek

Hayes Cox McBain Eagle

Foran Barrowman

Subs: Allison, Duff, Stratford, Rooney, Sanchez

Agreed. Thats my lineup too.

Away game, 3 upfront

I like attacking football.

and Zadi in midfield.

I feel he would be far better up the field using his plus points ie- Height, Speed to attack and attack alone, rather than using his mediocre defending skills to defend.

Your mental.

Thank you.

Also why drop Bulvitis?

I feel that Duff is better and has a lot more potential. Bulvitis is okay but seems to be a bit clumsy at times and I'm not convinced by him TBH.

My sincerest apologies.. Missed him on the Paraletic Thistle team thread. :cute01:

But still nah, would defo have Bulvitis in ahead of Duff. Plus I beleive theres next to no chance of Duff taking his place so your cries are just gonna be in vain, pet.

:rolleyes: Renegade puts Munro in his starting line-up. Shock horror.

GK and defence picks itself now for us IMO. As does basically the rest of the team with "Butcher's Boys" running it for us.. It'll be:

Esson

Tokely Bulvitis Munro Golly

Eagle Cox Stratford Hayes

Foran Sanchez

Subs: Allison, Proctor, Duncan, Barrowman, Rooney.

Can't see Eagle getting dropped until Imrie's back from injury.

That will be the team.