Ref for Saturday

caley100

See we have Frank McDermott ....... who???? another useless egotistic ref no doubt.

And... Alan Muir is at Dons vs Hamilton.. fancy a bet on a red card or two at Pittodrie?

First Division

Dundee v Ayr United Stephen Finnie Brian McGarry Kevin J. Graham

Dunfermline Athletic v Ross County William Collum James Bee Stuart Hodge

Inverness CT v Raith Rovers Frank McDermott John Gilmour Stuart Stevenson

Airdrie United v Partick Thistle Crawford Allan Charlie Smith Brian Templeton

Morton v Queen of the South Steven Nicholls Francis Andrews Mark McHendry

Second Division

Alloa Athletic v Brechin City Gary Hilland Frank Connor Gavin Duncan

Arbroath v Stirling Albion Craig Charleston Steven George Graham Beaton

Dumbarton v East Fife George Salmond Don Robertson Gary Kirkwood

Peterhead v Cowdenbeath Mat Northcroft Gary Cheyne Graham Fraser

Stenhousemuir v Clyde Calum Murray Neil McLennan Alan Newlands

Third Division

Albion Rovers v Elgin City Brian Winter Greg Aitken Graeme Stewart

Berwick Rangers v East Stirlingshire Mike Tumilty Keith Sorbie Michael Banks

Livingston v Forfar Athletic Iain Brines Alan Mulvanny Stuart MacMillan

Montrose v Annan Athletic Kevin Clancy Stephen Mitchell Alan Frew

Stranraer v Queen's Park Bobby Madden Andrew McWilliam Alasdair Ross

Not sure who he is but hopefully he'll be ok.

A lot of referees breaking through at the moment are applying the laws word for word - which is understandable. However the way in which players and managers are behaving towards them is, at times, vile and disgraceful. What's more even disappointing is the fact that the behaviour of players is replicated day in, day out by youngsters.

Some of the Cat 1 / FIFA list referees are excellent at having a quiet word with players on the way past. When referees don't approach the game in this manner, and officiate the game by the laws verbatim - they are lambasted. This, in my opinion, is not fair.

I wasn't at the game on Saturday, but I'm sure the last thing Alan Muir needed was a manager jumping about in the technical area when he had a game to officiate. I posted before the match that QOS would probably play dirty.

Anyway, here's hoping the officials on Saturday do a good job and we get a result.

Edited by Top Six Next Year

Some of the Cat 1 / FIFA list referees are excellent at having a quiet word with players on the way past. When referees don't approach the game in this manner, and officiate the game by the laws verbatim - they are lambasted. This, in my opinion, is not fair.

It wasn't verbatim application of the laws that caused the problem. Muir officiated in an inconsistent and random manner, meaning that he very quickly lost control of the game. Had he applied the laws to the letter, we may have complained that he was over fussy, but the players would have known what was what.

I wasn't at the game on Saturday, but I'm sure the last thing Alan Muir needed was a manager jumping about in the technical area when he had a game to officiate. I posted before the match that QOS would probably play dirty.

I'm sure it was the last thing he needed, but when he lost control he also had Chisolm trying to ref the game from the dugout as well. He put himself in that position by not asserting his authority.