FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ticket Shambles at tonight's game

BigTFan

I did not buy my ticket in advance because of the weather conditions but decided to go today. As advertised, I was aware that , with an adult, under 16s were getting in for free. arriving at the turnstile in plenty of time, I was told that I could not take my youngster in at the gate without first getting a ticket (free) at the ticket office *** shop. On arriving there there was a large queue waiting for the same as me but only two (one obviously inexperienced) staff issuing tickets. When I got to the head of the queue, I was asked for my personal particulars which were slowly put on a computer while I waited for my ticket. I then had to go to a designated turnstile and hand over my two tickets (one of which was the freebee).

While in the queue, I was told by other fans that their cash was not being accepted at the turnstiles and they had to queue at the shop.

WWhy was all this necessary and why were we not advised in advance that cash gates would not be in operation?

Even Motherwell fans were queuing for tickets at the shop which must have shown our club up in a very poor light.

Thank goodness only a small crowd turned out or we would have missed half of a very good game.

Very poor organisation and I would hope there is no repeat at our next home cup game (ever hopeful).

• If you have ticket...queue here.
  • If you are paying cash...queue there.
  • If you have a ticket and you're friend is paying cash...join separate queues and then you can stand around waiting for each other in the concourse blocking the way for others.
  • If you have a ticket and your kid doesn't join that queue, then come back and join the ticket only queue.
  • If you are paying cash and your kid needs a concession, join that queue, then come back to this queue before being sent back to that queue again to get yourself a ticket so you can enter the same turnstile as your kid.

Can't say that this system of operation has ever made any sense and it does nothing but cause confusion and frustration for people time after time. Why not have turnstiles that take both tickets and cash and why the need for a separate queue for free kid vouchers? Surely the turnstile operator can have a book of vouchers and just drop one in the till for each free kid they admit?

Can't say that this system of operation has never made any sense and it does nothing but cause confusion and frustration for people time after time. Why not have turnstiles that take both tickets and cash and why the need for a separate queue for free kid vouchers? Surely the turnstile operator can have a book of vouchers and just drop one in the till for each free kid they admit?

Watch yourself there Don, you could get a warning from Scotty for common sense :022:

There were definitely cash gates and I used one for the North Stand. I did however see a large queue at one of the main stand turnstiles. It would make more sense if the turnstiles could share the fans out regardless of whether or not they have a ticket. I have encountered the same problem with free kids in the past, but as Don says, why can't we give the turnstile operators the vouchers to hand out. Seems very simple

Came into the ground just after kickoff ( after selling programmes) and there was still a huge queue at the shop waiting for kids tickets. Bit of a shambles all round. Also it was not clear in the earlier publicity that it was 1 free kid per adult and this caused a lot of confusion as well.There also seemed to be a particular problem if you had more than one child as you had to pay for one and get a free ticket for the other and the turnstiles couldnt cope with this. For all the kids that were there compared to a normal gate could they not have just let all kids in free via a turnstile. Totally agree with the voucher idea as well. totally agree that this showed our club in a poor light to Motherwell fams but it was clear on their website that tickets had to be purchased in advance but not that it was only 1 free child.

Came into the ground just after kickoff ( after selling programmes) and there was still a huge queue at the shop waiting for kids tickets. Bit of a shambles all round. Also it was not clear in the earlier publicity that it was 1 free kid per adult and this caused a lot of confusion as well.There also seemed to be a particular problem if you had more than one child as you had to pay for one and get a free ticket for the other and the turnstiles couldnt cope with this. For all the kids that were there compared to a normal gate could they not have just let all kids in free via a turnstile. Totally agree with the voucher idea as well. totally agree that this showed our club in a poor light to Motherwell fams but it was clear on their website that tickets had to be purchased in advance but not that it was only 1 free child.

Agree with all the above posts -an absolute shambles. The official web site does not make it clear that only one child gets in free either.

Motherwell were equally culpable Motherwell Prices for Cup Game

Edited by Premier ICT

Guest Mahonio

Regarding the bit in bold, is there any left because i plan on buying one as i was not at game due to working today and not having anyway of getting back to Thurso last night for 11am start this morning (1st time in a month, damn snow :ohmy: )

I personally don't think it was quite shambolic as most of these posts indicate.

Knowing that if I wanted to take one of my children to the game FOC I would have to pick my tickets up from the ticket office so I phoned the ticket office in the morning, paid by card and picked up tickets latter that afternoon. Im sure the advertisements for the first scheduled game made the procedure quite clear.

I believe!!

Regarding the bit in bold, is there any left because i plan on buying one as i was not at game due to working today and not having anyway of getting back to Thurso last night for 11am start this morning (1st time in a month, damn snow :lol: )

I would imagine they all go back to the club shop you should get one there,or they could post it ? as I dont think Mr Kidger has a sale or return deal running.